Jump to content

Photo

aventura spa palace


  • Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#551 amywuts

amywuts
  • Newbie
  • 37 posts

    Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:57 AM

    About the makeup: I went to MAC and had them apply a look on me and I loved it. So, I bought all the eye makeup to re-create that look. They did an amazing job and have a lot of helpful hints on what products you should use in Mexico.
    Another friend of mine went to ULTA...never bought makeup there before.

    #552 nicdeb928

    nicdeb928
    • Jr. Member
    • 293 posts

      Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:15 AM

      Hey past brides! Did anyone have the fireworks and what was your experience with them? I dont think Im going to choose an actaul package, I think I would rather put together my own, so I was wondering if you thought it was worth the $500 for them? thanks, Nicole

      #553 skadow

      skadow
      • Banned
      • 1,853 posts

        Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:24 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by FutureMrsRell
        Also, hair and makeup. I can't afford to have that Fernando guy ($700 if I remember correctly?) Does anyone have advice about the salon at the spa? Did anyone do their own makeup and suggests a certain brand? I wouldn't mind doing my own makeup, but I'm not sure what to get with the heat and sweat and TEARS! =)

        Has anyone heard what the nightly entertainment schedule is right now? I asked a few mths ago and she said she didn't know for when we would be there. But I would think what is happening now will likely be happening in three weeks?
        I am in the same boat as you. I have spent about 12k on the wedding / resort so I really dont want to spend anymore on hair and makeup. I think I am going to go with the salon that is their. It is included in the price of the package I bought. I will bring photos of exactly I what I want, but I am also going to bring all my own stuff incase I have to touch it up to get more of the look that I want.

        I use bobby brown makeup. I have the waterproof type. it lasts all day no problems. I might even have them use some of my makeup to get the right colors. I am very touchy on what I put on my face. I dont want to end of with some cakey powery makeup.

        As far as hair goes. I think I am going to extentsion and curling them. I will supply them. All they need to do is apply them and curl them. I will be babysiting the process to a T.

        #554 skadow

        skadow
        • Banned
        • 1,853 posts

          Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:29 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by nicdeb928
          Hey past brides! Did anyone have the fireworks and what was your experience with them? I dont think Im going to choose an actaul package, I think I would rather put together my own, so I was wondering if you thought it was worth the $500 for them? thanks, Nicole
          Another bride posted the attached file. It might give you a better idea of what you can get for fireworks. From what I have seen, the ones that are included with the cermony are just ground fireworks. Nothing overly special. I have them in my package, but I would have rather had the big ones.

          I am not sure how old those prices are....and so forth.

           

           

          Attached Files



          #555 CristiandJamie

          CristiandJamie
          • Jr. Member
          • 445 posts

            Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:09 PM

            I have a question for the past brides or anyone that might know.... For day passes, can someone just arrive the morning of the wedding and purchase a day pass to come to the resort? The reason I ask is that one of the people we invited said they are coming but staying off the resort and they are also coming with another couple which we didnt invite to the wedding nor do we even know... Also this is my dad's friend and I heard all of this from my dad (the person we invited didnt RSVP yet but told my dad he is coming). I dont know for sure if that is true or if he will come since he has another couple joining him and his girlfriend. It sound more like he is going on vacation and may stop by... Should I count them or wait until I get a definite answer of YES Also I dont want to reserve 4 day passes and they not show and then I'm out $350!!!!! That money could go to something else vs. people we dont know! Also am I obligated to pay for a day pass for the couple that we DONT KNOW? They werent even invited.
            Cristi & Jamie
            http://img.weddingco...er/7nhul9k2.png32 guests including Bride and Groom... and counting

            #556 skadow

            skadow
            • Banned
            • 1,853 posts

              Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:33 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by CristiandJamie
              I have a question for the past brides or anyone that might know.... For day passes, can someone just arrive the morning of the wedding and purchase a day pass to come to the resort? The reason I ask is that one of the people we invited said they are coming but staying off the resort and they are also coming with another couple which we didnt invite to the wedding nor do we even know... Also this is my dad's friend and I heard all of this from my dad (the person we invited didnt RSVP yet but told my dad he is coming). I dont know for sure if that is true or if he will come since he has another couple joining him and his girlfriend. It sound more like he is going on vacation and may stop by... Should I count them or wait until I get a definite answer of YES Also I dont want to reserve 4 day passes and they not show and then I'm out $350!!!!! That money could go to something else vs. people we dont know! Also am I obligated to pay for a day pass for the couple that we DONT KNOW? They werent even invited.
              I agree...It sounds like he liked the idea of going to Mexico, and decided to book his own trip. If he has time he might stop by. I would not be paying for these extra people. You guys are just starting our your lifes together and have a lot of other expenses atm. I think it would be ...rather rude if they are excepting you to pay.

              Have you asked the wedding coordinate about "Maybes?" I would think they would round up on food. If you have to pick, I would mark them as No's. If they do show up...Its an IE resort. They can find more food =) and the booze doesnt run out!

              #557 CristiandJamie

              CristiandJamie
              • Jr. Member
              • 445 posts

                Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:40 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by skadow
                I agree...It sounds like he liked the idea of going to Mexico, and decided to book his own trip. If he has time he might stop by. I would not be paying for these extra people. You guys are just starting our your lifes together and have a lot of other expenses atm. I think it would be ...rather rude if they are excepting you to pay.

                Have you asked the wedding coordinate about "Maybes?" I would think they would round up on food. If you have to pick, I would mark them as No's. If they do show up...Its an IE resort. They can find more food =) and the booze doesnt run out!
                Thank you Skadow. I think I will let the wedding coordinator know about having some maybe's but for the time being I will just put them down as a no for now. I agree if they show up there should be plenty of food and booze since it's an AI. At first I was worried that I would have to order more OOT bags but think I should have enough if no more random people show up... if that happens they just wont get a welcome bag. If they ask why they didnt get one I will tell them I didnt know you were coming (no response equal no bag). I think that is fair...
                Cristi & Jamie
                http://img.weddingco...er/7nhul9k2.png32 guests including Bride and Groom... and counting

                #558 amywuts

                amywuts
                • Newbie
                • 37 posts

                  Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:48 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by skadow
                  I am in the same boat as you. I have spent about 12k on the wedding / resort so I really dont want to spend anymore on hair and makeup. I think I am going to go with the salon that is their. It is included in the price of the package I bought. I will bring photos of exactly I what I want, but I am also going to bring all my own stuff incase I have to touch it up to get more of the look that I want.

                  I use bobby brown makeup. I have the waterproof type. it lasts all day no problems. I might even have them use some of my makeup to get the right colors. I am very touchy on what I put on my face. I dont want to end of with some cakey powery makeup.

                  As far as hair goes. I think I am going to extentsion and curling them. I will supply them. All they need to do is apply them and curl them. I will be babysiting the process to a T.
                  You said that the salon is included in your package? It's not included in mine, so that is why I'm asking.

                  #559 skadow

                  skadow
                  • Banned
                  • 1,853 posts

                    Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:57 PM

                    Amy:

                    I got the Amethyst Rose Collection. It does not say that it is included on the website ,but I emailed my coordinator and she said it is include for the bride only. The womens name is Mellisa Gomez. I cant seem to find the email at the moment.

                    I did however find this 65 page events PDF they sent me so I am attaching this to this post.

                     

                     

                    Attached Files



                    #560 Jackie22

                    Jackie22
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 336 posts

                      Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:14 AM

                      Do you think the electrical outlets at ASP are standard? I won't need to bring any outlet coverters, right?

                      Leaving on Thursday, have sooo much to do! :)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users