aventura spa palace

• Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#2841 jjurkovich

• 46 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:30 AM

Amber - where was your wedding?  I'm looking for some pics of Aventura Cove Palace

#2842 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
    • Vendor
    • 1,243 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by jjurkovich 

Amber - where was your wedding?  I'm looking for some pics of Aventura Cove Palace

Hi Jjurkovich,

Here are some pictures of our most recent Aventura Cove Palace Wedding Story:

Hair and Makeup by 

Wedding Gown by Simone Carvalli

Ceremony at Coba Gazebo

Cocktail Hour

Reception Spot

For more inspiration, check out the full slideshow here: http://delsolphotogr...leries/?gal=708

Happy Planning!!!!

#2843 amberm390

• 98 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

I'm not sure if you were asking another Amber, but my name is Amber, so I will answer your question! We got married in the Tulum Gazebo which is on the Spa side, so unfortunately my pics won't help you with that. We did have cocktail hour at the Cove Terrace and dinner reception at Mundaca Restaurant which are both on the Cove side. We absolutely LOVED the Cove Terrace for Cocktail Hour...I will try to find some pics and post them. We were married last December, so I'm not sure if anything changed since then or not. We are in the process of planning our trip back for our 1 year anniversary!! Can't wait to return...it was such paradise

#2844 jjurkovich

• 46 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:19 AM

That you amberm390 and Matt!  Amber - any pics you have would be amazing, thank you!  I think we are decided on the maracas inlet for the ceremony, maracas terrace for the cocktail hour and the maracas concrete terrace for dinner/dancing.  It's so hard to finalize decorations when I'm not sure exactly how it lays out!

We also have enough room nights for private functions....I am open to suggestions for that!  We will be doing a welcome cocktail hour and then a rehearsal dinner!

#2845 jjurkovich

• 46 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

Also....does anyone have any advise on hair/make-up at Aventura Spa?  I've love to be able to use our resort credits - did anyone get their hari/makeup done at the spa?

#2846 AbbyForever

• 14 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

I'm 30 Days AWAY!

Losing my mind. Clearly.

So here's where we're at right now. I'm literally faxing a signed proposal for my private events to Banetza (my WC) as we speak---

Wednesday 10/17

We arrive (along with just a couple of guests). Meet with WC. Lounge. Quiet dinner with friends.

Thursday 10/18

The majority of guests arrive.

4-8PM informal welcome pool party / cocktails & hors d'oevres

8PM informal group dinner (reservation @ Mundaca)

Friday 10/19

The rest of the guests arrive.

Daytime- probably an excursion? dolphins, or into playa del carmen.

6PM Informal group cocktail party @ Pandero Terrace

7PM to the lobby for the Mexican Fiesta

8PM Rehearsal/Full Welcome Dinner @ the Mundaca Inlet

Saturday 10/20

Gym, Spa in the AM, Massage, hot tub

Lunch & Champagne in our suite while we get ready

3PM Wedding Party arrives @ Coba Gazebo

3:45 Guests arrive

4PM Ceremony

- My friend is playing guitar for the ceremony

- We are also bringing our own officiant

5PM Cocktail Hour @ Cove Terrace

- Music: iPod and our own Bose Speaker

6PM Reception Dinner @ Maracas Terrace

- Music: same, iPod & speaker

- Decor: We're thinking we'll pick some flowers when we arrive, and we'll bring tea candles, flower petals, and table runners.

- Favor/Decor: Our place cards are our favors- they are a framed photo of us with each wedding guest.

8-10:00 Recuperate, Get some nighttime photos of the couple, Change Clothes, put babies to bed, see the 9PM Breakdance show @ Andromeda

10-1 Dance Party @ Andromeda Disco

Sunday 10/21

Informal Goodbye Brunch

We'll be staying until Wednesday, when we transfer to the Fairmont Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen for our final days in Mexico.

So crazy!

What else should I be thinking about?

We have ~38 guests, including an 8 year old and a newborn, and my fiancee's Mormon family (we are not Mormon). So we've been working to ensure that mock-tails are at every party, sparkling wine for toasts, etc.

#2847 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
              • 3,068 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

Congrats AbbyForever! looks like you have it all under control.....and are going to have a very wonderful wedding - so well done, and enjoy your exciting journey ahead :) 

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                    100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#2848 jjurkovich

• 46 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

Abby Forever!  I can't wait to hear ALL about it!  I am having many of my events in the same locations as you!  Banetza is in the process of putting together the final proposal for me - I'm about 54 days away!

How did you find out about the breakdance show and mexican fiesta?  Also, what is your plan for hair/make-up the day of the ceremony?

Do you have the 75 room nights so you get unlimited private functions?  I am trying to finalize all my locations.  Looks like you have a great timeline!

#2849 jjurkovich

• 46 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

Also....Abby!  I'm doing the same with some flowers. I actually found a florist - with good prices - who will deliver my flowers to the resort for $15 from Playa del Carmen.  If you know what you want you can order it 7 days in advance.  I'd be happy to share the info if you'd like it!

#2850 AbbyForever

• 14 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

Question for you, ladies who have provided your own music:

We're hesitant to pay the $400 for a speaker and mic for our reception dinner... Have any of you ladies forgone that and provided your own speakers and ipod? I'm thinking of bringing a Bose portable speaker along. Will that be loud enough? We have 38 people total, and will be using it on the Cove Terrace (cocktails) and the Maracas Terrace (dinner).

Let me know your thoughts on this?

your favorite neurotic bride :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users