Photo

aventura spa palace

• Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#1661 sxcT

sxcT
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

to all the new ASP/ACP brides!!  You will all learn so much from reading this thread and so many others on this wonderful board. 

#1662 adales

adales
    • Site Supporter
    • 545 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:04 PM

Hello new brides!!!

This thread is wonderful and you will learn so many things about the resort.

The only gazebo on the cove side is the Coba Gazebo.  As far as reception reservations, you will want to decide if you want it to be private or not.  We are expecting between 75 and 100 people for our wedding, so we booked the Solarium Mundaca for our reception.  We also booked the Maracas Terrace for our welcome cocktail party the Thursday before the wedding.

I hired an outside photographer, Gonzalo Nunez, and I just planning on buying him a day pass for the day of the wedding.

#1663 adales

adales
      • Site Supporter
      • 545 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:07 PM

To past brides who booked a DJ-

I booked J&S for our DJ services and I have been coordinating with Michell.  Did any of you use them?  If so, how are they?

#1664 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
        • 324 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:45 PM

Our wedding is Feb 2012. I definitly want a private reception but I don't know where... both places I liked are max 30 for the reception... I'm so confused! haha... I wish I could do a site visit first!!!

#1665 sgray

sgray
          • 116 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:13 PM

Welcome and congrats to the new brides! Feel free to ask any questions you'd like. Happy planning to you!

#1666 sach26

sach26
            • 98 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:56 PM

I'm booked for November 2011 at Aventura Cove. Where did you have your reception Sgray? Can we have outside Djs?

#1667 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
              • 324 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:55 AM

I think you can have an outside DJ but only until a certain time! Planning this wedding makes me wish I had unlimited funds!!!

#1668 sach26

sach26
                • 98 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:03 AM

Me too! So, that's mean if we're booking an outside dj,photographer, hair and makeup stylist we need to purchase a guest pass for each one?

#1669 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                  • 1,917 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:25 AM

Don't forget, there's also limitations on the number of day passes they will let you have. For example, in our contract we are only allowed 4 day passes for every 20 people staying at the resort in our group. I'm so glad our photographers decided to stay at our resort, and even happier that they are the ones paying the bill!

#1670 adales

adales
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 545 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:46 AM

No outside DJ's.  I accepted Wilma and they said absolutely no outside vendors.   A photographer you can get away with and just pass them off as a friend or family member but a DJ would be too hard.  I booked one of their recommended DJ's.  J&S Audio Visual.  I hope he is good.

Originally Posted by sach26 

I'm booked for November 2011 at Aventura Cove. Where did you have your reception Sgray? Can we have outside Djs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users