Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Thanks Rach220 for all the info!

I came across some photos while doing a google search that I think are from your wedding. They were beautiful. Did you have Mexican Maracas at your wedding? If so where did you get them they were a GREAT idea!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie22 View Post
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the site and just planned my wedding at the Aventura Spa Palace for May. Were are having a small wedding aprox 12 people. We chose a 5pm ceremony.

Can anyone tel lme about the bloodwork that is required, do they come to the hotel to draw it, how was the process?

Did anyone have the fireworks? How were they?

I chose the Diamond Package, did anyone choose this package?

I'm trying to find a photographer, I'm thinking of using Del Sol but the want me to puirchase them a room for the night. Since our wedding is so small I'm looking for like a 3 hr photographer package. Does anyone know a photographer who will come just using the day pass?

Thanks!!!! Look forward to hearing from you :)
Hey Jackie,
You have come to the right place to plan your wedding. This thread has been a life saver for me.
I am leaving TOMORROW and our wedding is this Saturday. My photographer, Sascha Gluck, Destination Wedding Photographer for Cancun and Riviera Maya and the rest of the World - did NOT require a night's stay, but only the daily pass. His work is very good. I will post photos when we return and you can decide.
We are doing some add-ons, a private reception and rehearsal dinner with about 27 guests so I will have a review upon returning. I will be very honest, I promise!! Also, NaM on this thread is getting married an hour after me, in the same location and I am SURE she will have helpful insights! (lol, Natalia, I just volunteered you:))

Mexico here we come!! Woo -hoo!
Raluca

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbarzu View Post
Hey Jackie,
You have come to the right place to plan your wedding. This thread has been a life saver for me.
I am leaving TOMORROW and our wedding is this Saturday. My photographer, Sascha Gluck, Destination Wedding Photographer for Cancun and Riviera Maya and the rest of the World - did NOT require a night's stay, but only the daily pass. His work is very good. I will post photos when we return and you can decide.
We are doing some add-ons, a private reception and rehearsal dinner with about 27 guests so I will have a review upon returning. I will be very honest, I promise!! Also, NaM on this thread is getting married an hour after me, in the same location and I am SURE she will have helpful insights! (lol, Natalia, I just volunteered you:))

Mexico here we come!! Woo -hoo!
Raluca
Haha thanks :)
Can't wait to meet you this week! It's hard to believe we will both be Mrs. so soon!! Looking forward to writing a review :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Ladies! I am new to the site, but also looking to plan a wedding at Aventura Spa Palace! I'm kinda torn between Aventura and Playacar, but I love the idea of the horse drawn carriage! The reason we are so attracted to Palace resorts is because of their AMAZING group deals being offered right now! I am eager to see if anyone else has heard of this or is taking advantage, but if you book 25 rooms for 3 nights or more (so 75 room nights min) then you get FREE Unlimited Private Function, and 7 free room nights for the bride and groom!! Is this too good to be true!? My FH is worried they are giving things away and wonders if service or food quality will be compromised, but holy moly sounds amazing to me! I'd love to have approx 75 ppl at our wedding so I def think I could hit this mark. Just wondering has anyone else taken advantage of this?? We are looking to have our wedding Oct 16th 2010. But havent booked yet. Advise or recommendations are welcomed!

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelleynEric View Post
Hello Ladies! I am new to the site, but also looking to plan a wedding at Aventura Spa Palace! I'm kinda torn between Aventura and Playacar, but I love the idea of the horse drawn carriage! The reason we are so attracted to Palace resorts is because of their AMAZING group deals being offered right now! I am eager to see if anyone else has heard of this or is taking advantage, but if you book 25 rooms for 3 nights or more (so 75 room nights min) then you get FREE Unlimited Private Function, and 7 free room nights for the bride and groom!! Is this too good to be true!? My FH is worried they are giving things away and wonders if service or food quality will be compromised, but holy moly sounds amazing to me! I'd love to have approx 75 ppl at our wedding so I def think I could hit this mark. Just wondering has anyone else taken advantage of this?? We are looking to have our wedding Oct 16th 2010. But havent booked yet. Advise or recommendations are welcomed!

Thanks!
Hola! We took advantage of this and met the requirement for the unlimited events and free nights. TOTALLY AWESOME!! We've gotten so many perks and my TA even keeps commenting on how impressed she's been with the way Palace has been handeling the wedding. They are super accomodating and I've heard nothing but great things about the service!

GOOD LUCK!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaM View Post
Hola! We took advantage of this and met the requirement for the unlimited events and free nights. TOTALLY AWESOME!! We've gotten so many perks and my TA even keeps commenting on how impressed she's been with the way Palace has been handeling the wedding. They are super accomodating and I've heard nothing but great things about the service!

GOOD LUCK!
Oh wow! So what private events are you scheduling? How many ppl do you have coming, in total? and how much would you say (ballpark) that you'd really had to pay for out of pocket? And for what? If you dont mind me asking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelleynEric View Post
Oh wow! So what private events are you scheduling? How many ppl do you have coming, in total? and how much would you say (ballpark) that you'd really had to pay for out of pocket? And for what? If you dont mind me asking
We scheduled a private cocktail for the night before the wedding, a cocktail hour after the wedding and a private reception. And I think my parents scheduled something for another night-just a meet n greet kinda thing. ALL FREE :)
We have 50 people coming. We were borderline on the 75 room night thing so my TA split some rooms (where there were 3 people there are now 2) to make sure we reached the mark.
I honestly haven't kept track because my parents are footing most of the bill but if I had to guess I would say maybe $10k including Del Sol for photography, music, lights, projection system & screen, make up, centerpieces and upgraded decor like colored napkins/linens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
  • Topics

×