wedding gift thank you question

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 4,328 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:59 AM

my wedding is two weeks away (from today!) and we've started receiving wedding gifts. my shower was three weeks ago and i just sent the thank yous for those last week. so my question is, should i be sending thank yous as i get wedding gifts? or should i wait until after the wedding?

i don't really want to send back-to-back thank you cards because i feel like they're going to say the same thing.. but is it rude if i wait until after the wedding? i don't want anyone to think i'm ignoring their gift...

thanks chicas

#2 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:02 AM

i sent mine right away. i wrote thank you cards over the weekend for all the gifts we got that week. i like to be really prompt with my thank you cards.

#3 becks

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:10 AM

Send them ASAP. It will be easier for you to remember things, and it's nicer.

After all, the people who gave you the gifts GAVE them to you back to back.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#4 SusanK

• VIP Member
      • 2,685 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:43 AM

I also wrote mine right away. You will be overwhelmed with thank you cards after the wedding- so it's nice to get a few done and mailed out now.
        Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#5 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,368 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:19 AM

Definitely write the thanks you's as you get the gifts. This way people know that you've received it and they aren't left wondering.

#6 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,504 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:21 AM

I would say if you are concerned about sending them back to back, go ahead and write them now, and send them later, right after the wedding.

You will be overwhelmed with notes to write, so you need to try and stay ahead of the game!

#7 Copita

• 979 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:24 AM

I just had my shower this weekend and am still getting gifts in the mail, with the wedding next weekend.
              I'm going to wait to send Thank yous until after we get back from the wedding, that way I can t hank everyone for the gifts, as well as the ones who came to the wedding & gave gifts.
              I figure if I do it all at once, my head will be screwed on straight and I will forget less.
              So right now I have a list with all the names written down of who gave me a gift and what it was and at the wedding, I will write down who came to send a Thank you to them for that.

AH! You are getting close, girl! :)

#8 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
              • 18,452 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:03 PM

I would send them right after you received the gift.
                ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#9 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:09 PM

I always send thank you's as soon as i get a gift - i think it shows the gift giver a bit of appreciation.

i know that ettitquite says you have up '1 year' but honestly IMHO i think it is rude not to send a thank you within 2 weeks of getting a gift.

my shower was sunday and i mailed all of my thank you cards wednesday.

it doesn't matter if it says the same thing no body saves them KWIM?

#10 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,368 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:16 PM

Alyssa, I've actually heard that proper etiquette is that you have 3 months to send it out. Honestly, even if I received a thank you 3 months later, I don't think I'd like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users