#41 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:15 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jenn
    Oh... I can't believe I didn't tell you guys... I got a promotion! I'm now the Assistant Director of our Emergency Department! No real raise, but I get an hours reduction (and a title!) which is nice!!
    That's awesome Jenn! Congratulations :) How big of an ER do you work at? If I wasn't an OB RN I'd be in ER... my second fave.

That's quite a promotion- didn't you just get out of residency last year? You rock!

#42 Martha

Martha
    • VIP Member
    • 3,906 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:30 AM

We haven't had a daily chat thread in a while.

I like these!

#43 Jenn

Jenn
      • 1,557 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:33 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by TA Maureen
        Tammy the pics of your dogs are really cute. You are getting really good at the photography thing!
        Seriously Tammy! Your pics are amazing... they look very professional! And your dogs are so cute!

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Sarah
        That's awesome Jenn! Congratulations :) How big of an ER do you work at? If I wasn't an OB RN I'd be in ER... my second fave.

That's quite a promotion- didn't you just get out of residency last year? You rock!
        Thanks to everyone for the congrats :) My ER sees 35,000 patients per year. We're community but affiliated with a large academic center. And yes, I am only 2 years out, but it works. We have a few older docs who don't want anything to do beyond their clinical shifts, and then there are a few of us who are newer. Everyone is pretty excited to see our current Assistant Director go, and they've all been very supportive of my taking over.

#44 Martha

Martha
        • VIP Member
        • 3,906 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:34 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by melglnh2o
          My best friend (who was also my MOH) and I both found out on Monday that we are getting new jobs. Mine took almost a year to get through the process and they made a new position for her. We are both super excited and are going to celebrate on Friday at our favorite local Mexican place. But I am a couple days late for my period so I don't know if I can have a margarita!

Hmmmm will you be joining our mommies-to-be thread soon? Yay!!!

#45 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:36 AM

how slow am i? i actually thought today was Tuesday! hahahaha i was about to change the title of this thread tammy - insane

#46 Martha

Martha
            • VIP Member
            • 3,906 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:36 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by TammyB
              Oh I'm sorry.. It's always hard to be on the "hasn't happened to me yet" side of the coin. Gosh I've been on that side with being unable to get pregnant for... well forever now.. hang in there.
              It took us 3 years, Tammy. I hope it happens soon for you.

#47 trisha0612

trisha0612
              • 491 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:40 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Alyssa
                how slow am i? i actually thought today was Tuesday! hahahaha i was about to change the title of this thread tammy - insane

lol...I'm totally with you on that one!!
                I can't believe your wedding is sooooo soon! I can't wait to see lots and lots of pics!!!!!!! Hows the weather back in Philly?? I'll be there tomorrow afternoon!
                Travis & Trish
                10-10-08
                Tulum..uhh I mean Cancun, MX

#48 1elephant

1elephant
                • VIP Member
                • 15,998 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:40 AM

ok i'm off to walk my friend's dogs and then i'm going to the pool club. i know, sounds like the life...but then that's followed by 24 hrs of extreme boredom.
                  martha, what do you do during the summers when jay isn't home? gimme some ideas!

#49 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,160 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:42 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Abbie
                    tammy, i miss that shout box :) great idea.

we got our marriage license on monday and i have my hair trial tomorrow! yay so excited!! dont worry, i'll post pics!
                    i remember seeing that when i was a newbie, but didnt know anyone so didnt talk on it. hah it was neat though!

#50 Alyssa

Alyssa
                    • 11,793 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:45 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by trisha0612
                      lol...I'm totally with you on that one!!
                      I can't believe your wedding is sooooo soon! I can't wait to see lots and lots of pics!!!!!!! Hows the weather back in Philly?? I'll be there tomorrow afternoon!
                      Trisha!
                      i know - it is crazy, my shower was this weekend and that really made it feel close KWIM?

the weather is good - it's hot in the 80's but muggy so gear up for the humidity.

are you going to be in center city at all? we should meet up and have a margarita

also, did you see this thread?
                      http://bestdestinati....ghlight=trisha

Alyssa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users