Photo

EDR Health bar or white gazebo?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 animaldoc

animaldoc
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:59 PM

Since I have now booked the presidential for my ceremony, I now need to come up with a private reception site! I will have a total of 12 people and am now trying to decide between the Health bar or the white gazebo. I will be having a cocktail reception and a private dinner at whichever location I choose. Any pros or cons to either location, suggestions?

Thank you everyone for being so helpful, I really appreciate it,
    Jennifer

#2 shannon

shannon
    • 772 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:19 PM

They are really really close in proximity--- I had my private dinner at the white gazebo and loved it. It is completely in sand, though, if that makes a difference. It also felt a little off the path-while we were eating dinner- where the table was, it just felt private...It was windy- but not too windy for me- but I don't know how other girls/brides would feel....

We saw a reception at the Health Bar one evening- and it was beautiful-- not on the sand-but across the little "pathway" of the beach- you were able to get a nice breeze off the ocean.

I think this might be a win-win! :)

#3 pryzeless

pryzeless
      • 614 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:25 PM

The Health bar has a covering while the other location is completely out in the open, another consideration. I picked the Health bar for our cocktail party.

#4 nolaroy724

nolaroy724
        • 308 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:51 PM

You should look at Mrs. V's pictures of her wedding. She posted her link a couple of weeks ago. She had her dinner at the health bar and has some amazing shots of it. There is a big pool on one side and the ocean on the other. That is where I am having mine and am so excited after seeing her pics!

#5 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
          • 554 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:24 PM

the White Gazebo is a beautiful location right beside the ocean!! in some ways you just can't beat that!
            However, I chose the Health Bar for more practical reasons - and I ended up just loving it!
            two reason's why I picked the Health Bar over the White Gazebo, just in case it was windy (I hate wind!) and the Health Bar provides a bit of coverage. And also because there were a few people in our group with hip & knee problems that would make it hard for them to move around alot on the sand. Since I wanted a big partay - they would have had to have been very careful dancing.

#6 animaldoc

animaldoc
            • 91 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:09 PM

I have decided on the Health bar, I agree the wind is just too big of a risk. Thank you everyone for your advice, I appreciate it.

#7 beth

beth
              • 128 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:22 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by MrsV-to-be
                the White Gazebo is a beautiful location right beside the ocean!! in some ways you just can't beat that!
                However, I chose the Health Bar for more practical reasons - and I ended up just loving it!
                two reason's why I picked the Health Bar over the White Gazebo, just in case it was windy (I hate wind!) and the Health Bar provides a bit of coverage. And also because there were a few people in our group with hip & knee problems that would make it hard for them to move around alot on the sand. Since I wanted a big partay - they would have had to have been very careful dancing.
                How many people did you have at your reception? I thought I wanted our reception at the White Gazebo, but now I'm second thinking it because of the wind. We are getting married at 5 and our private dinner will begin at 6. We are expecting about 50 people in our group.

#8 Mandy

Mandy
                • 514 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:16 AM

We had horrible problems with the wind, but apparently there was a tropical storm coming in. We ended up changing to the health bar after we got there (we planned for Tucanes), and had a great time.

#9 Rhonda

Rhonda
                  • 270 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:07 AM

Does anyone have any pictures of the Health Bar? I am also in the process of trying to decide where to have my cocktail hour....
                    Also, just wondering...is the Health Bar large enough for a group 50-100 people for dinner reception?

#10 pryzeless

pryzeless
                    • 614 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:17 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Rhonda
                      Does anyone have any pictures of the Health Bar? I am also in the process of trying to decide where to have my cocktail hour....
                      Also, just wondering...is the Health Bar large enough for a group 50-100 people for dinner reception?
                      The Health Bar is definitely not big enough for 50-100. I think I was maxed out at 40. If you have that many people you may be able to have it at La Isla. I am not sure if there are any pictures of La Isla around here but I will look.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users