My parents missed their flight!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 jamisoncollette

• 1,257 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:00 AM

I am writing from our layover in Atlanta. My parents missed their flight this morning. What was most horrible is my daughter was flying with them on a different airline than FI and I. Lexy was at the airport, with FI's parents, and I was stuck on a flight waiting to take off. It was and is the most horrible feeling! Thankfully, FI's parents were able to switch their seat to sit with Lexy but my parents can't get a flight until tomorrow. I bawled the entire flight from Buffalo to Atlanta. To top it off, I forgot my BC last night when we came to Buffalo so this morning guess what happened-its horrible. My doc is calling in a script to Walgreens in PR, I hope it works. I don;t want to scare anyone, I just needed to vent. I kept telling them they needed to be at the airport at least an hour to an hour and a half early and they did not listen. IT can't get worse right?!

#2 ~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,680 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
    • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
    • LocationUtah

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:03 AM

Look at the positive though, they will be there tomorrow and your daughter is safe with your FI parents. I don't know what to say but it will work out and be OK.

#3 lucy106

• 2,880 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:06 AM

Oh sweetie! I am so sorry for this added stress!! I am sure in the end it will all turn out ok, another great reason to travel a few days before the wedding!! Take a few deep breaths and you will get through this!

#4 LisaG

• VIP Member
      • 7,839 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:07 AM

Oh you poor thing! Breathe....it's going to be o.k. They will be there tomorrow and it will all work out.
        I do have a question though. Will they let your daughter through customs w/o you? Doesn't she have to travel with her parents? Do they have her passport? Sorry to freak you out, if you've already taken care of all this :)

#5 Dez921714

• 1,489 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:08 AM

Wow, ok, try to take a deep breath and relax. Everyone is OK and on their way. I'm sure your parents are absolutly mortified that this happened to them and hopefully they'll learn from it.

The most importatn this is that they make it there for your day...they're the ones who lose a day of vacation because of it!

http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#6 becks

• VIP Member
          • 4,881 posts
          • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
          • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
          • LocationNew York

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:30 AM

Jamie!!!! Big hugs sweetie! Everything will be fine. I promise. Your parents will be there tomorrow, and all will be well. Your daughter is on her flight, and has FI's parents for company, that that's fine, too.

The BC will make for a great story. And there's a scrip waiting for you in PR.

And, that just means that you've hit your three mishaps, so everything else will be smooth sailing.

Chin up! We're here if you need us!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#7 alex

• 1,139 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:32 AM

It's all going to be okay!! Like everyone said, they'll be there tomorrow. They probably feel pretty silly for missing the flight so I'm sure they'vwe learned from it! And it's perfect that Lexy is with your FI's parents. Everything will be okay!

#8 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:36 AM

Please don't worry. I'm sure everything will work out. your daughter is with fis parents so she'll be fine and your parents will get there.

And if your parents ever don't listen to you again you can always bring up the time you told them to be at the airport early and they didn't listen.
              ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
              Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
              Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#9 Jessica

• VIP Member
              • 11,939 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:43 AM

Aww, I'm sorry honey!

If it helps, our "leaving day" for our wedding, I spent most of the day in tears because Brian wouldn't listen to me when I told him we needed to be at the airport 1 1/2 early. We missed our first flight, then missed our re-booked flight at a different airport and then missed our connecting flight in PR! But everything turned out ok in the end.

At least someone was there with Lexy and she wasn't alone. You'll have a fantastic wedding. Just a little bump.

#10 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
                • 25,218 posts
                • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                • LocationSeattle

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:46 AM

you're probably already on another plane, but i wanted to say, phew! now that the little ding has happened, the rest of the wedding will go perfect! so glad that lexy is with FI parents :) i bet you cant wait to see her and give her a BIG hug!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users