Photo

Recommend a Good Beach Book?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Karen

Karen
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:04 AM

Just wondering if anyone any good recommendations for a good beach read. I'm leaving on vacation in a week and am looking for something funny/ light/ sexy to read. I've been reading A New Earth (which I love and recommend) but I think I need something a bit fluffier for the beach.

BTW I recommend Eat Pray Love. I read it last year on vacation. It's a wonderful book about a woman's search for enlightenment and meaning through travel. It's deep but just so funny and easy to read.
    <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#2 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:29 AM

karen not sure this book totally fits your requirements, but i still think its a great read for anywhere, including the beach. i love this book - i read it for the first time about 2 or 3 years ago and have read it 3 times since.

the time traveler's wife by audrey niffenegger

#3 Karen

Karen
    • 1,308 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:35 AM

Thanks Maura. I just read the review. Sounds awesome.
      <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#4 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:03 AM

i actually teach at the same university as she does, but she was on sabbatical last fall. i was dying to have her sign my book, so im hoping she will be around in the fall this year so i can have a colleague introduce us.

#5 Karen

Karen
      • 1,308 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:08 AM

That is so cool Maura!

#6 alex

alex
        • 1,139 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:04 AM

I recently read a couple of books by Janet Evanovich & they were light & pretty cute.
          I read Wife for Hire & Naughty Neighbour.
          I wish you had longer before you left because I could mail them to you... I hate when my books sit around & collect dust. They get lonely & need to be read! lol

#7 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:45 AM

i love janet evanovich for vacations, stephanie plum is so hilarious :) but you gotta start at the beginning of the series for the full effect, One For The Money.

#8 nolaroy724

nolaroy724
          • 308 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:47 PM

Inappropriate Men by Stacy Ballis is a great beach read. Shes Come Undone by Wally Lamb might be a good one too.

#9 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
            • 1,131 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:14 PM

i'm glad I stumbled upon this thread as I need a good, fun, chick-lit book to read for summer.

#10 amyrak

amyrak
              • 469 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:31 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Abbie
                i love janet evanovich for vacations, stephanie plum is so hilarious :) but you gotta start at the beginning of the series for the full effect, One For The Money.

I'm reading her newest Fearless Fourteen right now. These are my favorite characters of all my books. It's laugh-out-loud funny.

If you like chic lit my other favorite series is the Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella.

I love to read on vacation on the beach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users