Photo

A Plea for Help *Please Read***UPDATED 7/27**

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:50 AM

As most of you know, my DH and I volunteer with a Boston Terrier rescue group. We (the rescue) just received a puppy, 5 week old little girl weighing only 2.2 pounds, her name is Beate' (be-ah-ta). This little girl has no anal hole to go potty, yesterday afternoon her health started declining so her foster home made an emergency run to Fort Wayne IN with her to the vet. (over 274 miles away) The surgery is expected to be around $2,500.00-$3,000.00 and is necessary in order for her to live a normal life. Since the rescue organization runs solely on donations, they are in need of some support. If you can spare some change and would like to donate to her, below is the rescue groups homepage. In the lower left side of the main screen you'll see "Donate" that will guide you through the process. If your unable to help financially please say a pray that she makes it thought the surgery and finds a forever home.

Click the image to open in full size.
    Click the image to open in full size.

#2 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:55 AM

oh this just breaks my heart-Tammy should we mention BDW or you in the donation?
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 Jen_S

Jen_S
    • 3,737 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:57 AM

Oh that is so sad. I will make a donation.
      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#4 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:12 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Christine
        oh this just breaks my heart-Tammy should we mention BDW or you in the donation?
        Great idea Christine, I updated the orginal post. SO everyone please list your name along with BDW forum so the rescue group knows how awesome this forum is. (Example; your name (Best destination wedding forum)

#5 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:16 AM

Awww Tammy, I got tears in my eyes reading that. That poor little puppy. Since my AHR is in 3 weeks, I don't have alot of free money right now, so I sent what I can. I will continue to send my BDW good vibes there though. Keep us updated.

#6 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:20 AM

Tammy - this breaks my heart! i will make a donation this AM!!!
            thanks to you and Cain for continuing to volunteer and help these animals xoxo

#7 NYJen

NYJen
            • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:43 AM

Gosh Tammy, you're breaking my heart here!!! I'm going to donate too.

And please keep us in the loop with what happens to her. I won't be able to stop thinking about her now.

#8 PenMarie

PenMarie
              • 133 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:50 AM

awwwwww, God bless her little heart, Tammy.

We've spent over $2,500 on vet care ourselves since April, so I hope even little donations will still help. Going to the site to donate in memory of my 3-year old baby boy, Kookie (hope that's okay) -- we lost him yesterday afternoon to lymphoma and are completely heartbroken.

Lots and lots of prayers and hugs for this little girl.

#9 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:58 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PenMarie
                  awwwwww, God bless her little heart, Tammy.

We've spent over $2,500 on vet care ourselves since April, so I hope even little donations will still help. Going to the site to donate in memory of my 3-year old baby boy, Kookie (hope that's okay) -- we lost him yesterday afternoon to lymphoma and are completely heartbroken.

Lots and lots of prayers and hugs for this little girl.
                  OMG I'm sooo sorry for your loss. I have a friend that lost her dog about 6 months ago for that very same reason. My heart goes out to you.

#10 lambert13

lambert13
                  • 901 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:00 AM

That poor little baby.

I just sent in a few bucks. Money is tight here too, but I figure I can go without something today to be able to help out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users