| Originally Posted by Sensatori Bride |
Have you guys seen the latest reviews on Trip Advisor?? They aren't so great. I hope they get all their kinks worked out soon!
Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!
Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:15 AM
Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:56 PM
Two questions I'm hoping to get answers on (primarily for past brides, though I'd love to hear any thoughts on the topics):
1. Will it be really hot on the sky deck? We'd love to get the sky package, but were wondering if it would be too hot with the sun pounding down. We're get married in November (2009) at 4pm, so maybe not a problem?
2. How's the quality of the rental speaker system ($250 rental for private events)? We're leaning towards this option, but slightly concerned about the quality -- music is very important to us and we don't want it to sound like a boom box!
Thanks so much!
Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:18 PM
I'm going to guess that it will always be breezy on the sky deck.
Question #2-I'm not sure of that one!
Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:28 PM
| Originally Posted by mexicanbridewithquestions |
Hey Polina, check your bank. I just gave you some points!
Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:33 PM
I think that the first couple of months of any resort opening will have some kinks to work out. Plumbing seemed to be the major problem through out all the bad reviews and I'm sure they will work it out because Azul Beach is just down the road and they seem to be working fine. I'm sure they both use the same plumbing systems. All the reviews however emphasized how amazing the food and service were and that's really important. I'm hoping that all the palm trees are fully grown in by May, because right now a lot of them look naked.
Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:41 PM
Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:01 PM
| Originally Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org |
The resort is telling me there are only 3 options for the reception. One by the pool, one in the middle of the resort "plaza" and then the garden rooftop. I was leaning towards the garden rooftop as we were wanting heavy hors d'oevres and music/dancing in an intimate setting all night. I thought the other two options were too wide open to the resort. They said that we can't have music at the garden rooftop so that is a definate NO because we have to have music. Has anyone heard of other options for the reception. I am thinking of changing to a full sit down dinner as this is getting way more complicated than I expected. Ideas
Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:35 PM
Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:43 PM
Thank you for your email. Here are the answers to your questions
· Ceremony at 3pmâ€¦how long does this generally last? 30-40 minutes Weâ€™d like enough time to have the ceremony, then have pictures taken before moving to the cocktail reception before dinner.
· Ceremony on the beachâ€¦I would like the beach set up please, decorated with teal and lavender coloured fabricâ€¦please see photo below for inspiration. I forwarded your request over to our onsite team
· For the chairs, I would like the white covered chairs with teal bows tied around in the same gauzy fabric as on the gazeboâ€¦like in this photo. I forwarded this request over as well
· After the ceremony will there be a bar available for the guests to have some cocktails before dinner and while we get some photos taken? Your guests can either go to one of the public bars for cocktails or you can purchase a cocktail party. You can get the menus for the cocktail party at this link We would like to have a Mariachi band play for about an hour before dinner. The price for the Maraiachi band is $1200 for 45 http://www.karismaho....TURES-2009.pdf minutes
· We would like our dinner set up on the beach please. not a problem. Remind me to request this 45 days prior to your wedding at the time of payment. You can see the dinner menu in the above link
· For the dinner, I am wondering how many entr©es we can allow our guests to choose from? You have 3 options for dinner. You can do a buffet which will have a little of everything. You can do a course meal which must be at least three courses. For this you will have you chose for your entire group from a salad, soup, appetizer, main course and a desert. This is all a set menu. The one thing that your guests can chose from is their choice of 2 main course meals and at that point we will need a head count of who is wanting what. The last option would be for you to do a set menu where the menu chose from menus that are already made with an appetizer, main course and desert. You should take a look at the above link for prices was hoping to offer one seafood, one meat, and one vegetarian.
· Is wine with dinner included? House wine is included as well as an international open bar
· During dinner, are we able to play a video on a screen? Yes you can but I need to get a quote for you
· Our after dinner reception/dance I would also like on the beachâ€¦I have attached a picture of the type of set-up I would like, but using my colour palette. We would also like some stand-up tables around the area, and a small dance floor set up. Tiki torches and candles also. The Tiki Torches are $9.00 per torch and candle bags are $5.00 per bag
· I will not need a DJ, we will be bringing our iPod of our songs, but will need the set-up for that. That will be $250
· I will decide on flowers closer to the day.
Can you please send me cake samples? Category Cakes - List of products - Weddings in Cancun & Riviera Maya by Lomas Travel I have the flower options. Also the wine/champagne list please. this is attached
I would like to reserve the special bridal suite in the spa for the day of the weddingâ€¦how do I go about this? You do this at the resort
For our welcome dinner, can we use the one offered in the wedding package (SILVER)? The maximum number of people is 40 people for the dinner reservation. And if so, what does that include / not include? This is a basic dinner you will be eating from the Chefs Special of the day. The only thing that is different about this dinner is the resort will put many tables together so 40 people will be able to eat together
We are thinking of having the Mexican Fiesta Cocktail Party for our guests perhaps before the welcome dinner at the restaurant. Is there music included with this since itâ€™s a cocktail party, or can you arrange for it? The Mexican Fiesta does not include music you will have to purchase that. You can look at the music options by going to the following link Category Music - List of products - Weddings in Cancun & Riviera Maya by Lomas Travel Where on the property would you recommend having this? To tell you the truth, We really cant talk about a location for this till we get to a couple of weeks prior to your wedding. The reason for this is because we have to see if we have any other brides that day. The brides have first dibs on locations. So I donâ€™t know what is going to be available to you
For the guests that are not staying at the resort but you will want to be at the wedding they will have to pay for a wedding pass which is the following
Adult: $72 usd. (13 y/o & up)
Child: $36 usd. (3 to 12.99 y/o)
Infant; No charge (o to 2.99 y/o)
If you have any questions or concerns please let me know. Please keep in mind that I have a 24 hour business day turn around in responding to emails but this will be the best way to contact me
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users