taylorwd
  • 932 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:20 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by amybermuda
    annnnnnnnnddddd

my slideshow is up! I am obsessed!!!
    Amy & Mark | May 14th 2010 | Azul Beach Hotel, Puerto Morelos Mexico
    LOOOOOOOOOOVE!!!!! You have every right to be obsessive, these are fabulous!!!! I bet you get nothing done at work tomorrow b/c you're looking at your pics all day :) You're gorgeous, your flowers are gorgeous, your guests are gorgeous, it was a beautiful day, and it looks like you all had a great time on the Terrace! Your cake beat the heck out of mine!!! It's funny, after all this time, I didn't realize we both had shades of pink and orange as our colors.

Ooooh, and I see from your pics that you guys stayed in the Suite. Niiiice!!! Did you stay there the whole time or just for a few nights?

#9082 dstinationdrmr

dstinationdrmr
    • 309 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:04 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by murmel
      No extra parking charge. It is valet parking, and we just tipped the valet/luggage men. Mind you the car usually ended up being parked just at the side of the main entrance...we could have taken 5 extra steps and gotten the car ourselves! LOL We only had it for 2 days as well. Keep meaning to check my reciepts, but we had guests, so I will try in the next couple of days.

No transport/taxis are at the resort. If you need one, you'll have to get the luggage men to call one for you. However there are usually a few parked just outside on the roadway. I think they sit there hoping for a call. From what we saw it usually took about 5-10 minutes. Not sure what the prices are though.
      Thanks for that info! I appreciate it.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by KittenHeart
      Hey Ladies, I put up my post wedding for sale items thread, PM if if there's anything you ladies want!

ME TOO! There were a lot of things on my qualifying list for the resorts I looked at but top 3 was a ceremony not on the beach.I hate sand.I thought it was weird but you girls are making me feel better. :)
      Ditto on the sand Ladies!! I have had so many people look at me like I'm crazy. Whenever I mention DW they automatically assume beach. They make comments like, "Oh, a beach wedding is gonna be so beautiful!" When I say no, I hate sand they usually have this dumb look on their faces like "what's the point, then!" I find it kinda funny now.

Quote:
      Hi Ladies! Before I go back and read what's been going on, I wanted to write you to say I just had super fun AHR!
      Quote:
      annnnnnnnnddddd

I'm sorry to hear about your stress the day of your AHR. That really sucks but I'm glad it was fun for you in the end....plus you have those amazing photos to look at now so everything should be alright in your world!! Were they there in time for you to incorporate them at the AHR?

#9083 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
      • 1,029 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:57 AM

Quote:
        Hi Ladies! Before I go back and read what's been going on, I wanted to write you to say I just had super fun AHR!

I only have a few pictures of the party - I'll do a review later once I get the better pix.
        annnnnnnnnddddd

All the pictures look awesome! You look beautiful!!!!!!
        Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

#9084 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
        • 899 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:26 AM

Quote:
          annnnnnnnnddddd

Your pics are absolutely gorgeous!! Congratulations. I love your bouquet!!!

#9085 thefuturemrslutz

thefuturemrslutz
          • 821 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:06 AM

Quote:
            Hi Ladies! Before I go back and read what's been going on, I wanted to write you to say I just had super fun AHR! It was record breaking heat and record breaking bay bridge traffic - so people were 1+ hours late getting there and we were outside in 100+ degree heat. Let me tell you... If that was my wedding I would have been a stress case. and you know what? THANK GOD I DID A DW!!! All the stress and stupid crap we encounter dealing with family and travel issues, Miami coordinators, Lomas, then going through the hotel staff - yes I know its hard - but my wedding in Mexico was stress free and carefree and awesome. Saturday solidified my destination wedding choice that much more. I mean, 1/2 my guests would have missed my ceremony had we been having a traditional wedding on Saturday.

I only have a few pictures of the party - I'll do a review later once I get the better pix.
            annnnnnnnnddddd

GORGEOUS!!!! You looked sooooooooooo happy!!!! You two make a great couple and your pictures are STUNNING!!!

#9086 amybermuda

amybermuda
            • 870 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:08 AM

Thanks! Man I am telling you, Azul makes it easy! I did not appreciate it that until I saw what it was like to do a local wedding/AHR - I am so much more appreciative of the DW now. I always thought it was a better choice, but now I am 100% sure. It's funny that you felt the same way, Wendy.

And was it Amanda telling your Mom what to wear?? I told everyone what to wear. Sorry, that was my Bride-zilla and I do not regret it! I said solid colors - no patterns - look at my Mom and Dad both in yellow - I think they looked great! And My MIL in the bright pink/purple dress looked awesome with my fushia roses. If you want soft muted colors, then that is what they have to wear! Tell your Mom she can wear that bright dress to the welcome dinner or whatever else you are planning in Mexico, but you get the final say for wedding attire!!!!!

If you look at my pics, the people in patterned dresses look busy. I guess I did not really tell everyone what to wear, just my immediate family :)

#9087 thefuturemrslutz

thefuturemrslutz
              • 821 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:10 AM

Just an update....

STARTING Monday, July 19, 2010 ENDING Sunday, August 1, 2010
                We will check in with what is done either as it’s done or every other Friday and start a new list!

The futuremrslutz's (Lindsey) To Do's:
                1) Order OOT stuff DONE!!!!!!!!!
                2) Book Vegas Wedding (Ryan is handling the entire weekend, except the actual wedding part...I will handle this.)
                3) Decide on vowels…STILL DECIDING…
                4) Order garter and hair accessory DONE!!!!!!!!
                5)) Order for procession-ALMOST DONE
                6) Music for wedding DONE!!!
                7) Music for reception almost done!
                Music for Thursday night party DONE!!!!
                9) Send out “before you leave packets” DONE!!!!!
                10) FINALIZE menus-finishing this week
                11) Design/print programs DONE designing…need to print
                12) Decide on Mac to do my makeup or resort DONE!!!!!!
                13) Get Bridesmaids gifts monogrammed and give to the girls GIFTS ARE DONE-just need to deliver
                14) Signature cocktail recipe NOT DONE!
                15) Order the rest of Ryan’s gift DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                16) Start packing! YAY!!!!!!!!!! Starting this week!!
                17) Make cd for OOT bags DONE!! Burning them now
                1 Send detailed weekend timeline to WC doing tonight
                19) iron on bridesmaids wife beaters for wedding day-THIS WEEK
                20) take clothes to cleaners
                21) Meet with wedding designer
                22) Enjoy being engaged for one last week!!!

Meredith's to do's:
                1. Invites, invites, invites - ORDERED...JUST HAVE TO COME UP WITH WORDING
                2. Get thread for welcome bag monograms - DONE BY THE LADY DOING THE EMBROIDERY
                3. Stay on FI about menu
                4. Buy luggage tags for welcome bags - PURCHASED FROM ANOTHER BDW BRIDE
                5. Buy paper lanterns and candle holders - LANTERNS, YES, CANDLE HOLDERS, NO
                6. Start looking for gifts for my helpers
                7. Book cigar roller for reception - DONE (TOO BAD CECILE IS STILL M.I.A.)
                8. Buy confetti for ceremony

Meredith's new to do's
                1. Come up with wording for invite
                2. Stay on FI about menu
                3. Buy candle holders
                4. Purchase gifts for our helpers
                5. Buy confetti for ceremony
                6. Email Fabio about Cecile
                7. Email TA about Fabio and Cecile
                8. Buy remaining items for OOT bags
                9. Start on song lists
                10. Buy LED lights

MaggieandJay’s To Do’s

Week of 7/19
                1. Finalize wording for invitations
                2. Order Invitations
                3. Design insert for invitations with booking info and resort info

#9088 amybermuda

amybermuda
                • 870 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:36 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz
                  GORGEOUS!!!! You looked sooooooooooo happy!!!! You two make a great couple and your pictures are STUNNING!!!
                  Thanks Lindz! Can't believe you only have 13 days! This is the countdown, seeing your to do list though looks like you have it all under control. When do you go on vacation from work?

#9089 msmarmar123

msmarmar123
                  • 747 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:50 AM

Quote:
                    annnnnnnnnddddd

Love the Pics!

#9090 amandamarieb

amandamarieb
                    • 239 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:52 AM

Quote:
                      Thanks! Man I am telling you, Azul makes it easy! I did not appreciate it that until I saw what it was like to do a local wedding/AHR - I am so much more appreciative of the DW now. I always thought it was a better choice, but now I am 100% sure. It's funny that you felt the same way, Wendy.

And was it Amanda telling your Mom what to wear?? I told everyone what to wear. Sorry, that was my Bride-zilla and I do not regret it! I said solid colors - no patterns - look at my Mom and Dad both in yellow - I think they looked great! And My MIL in the bright pink/purple dress looked awesome with my fushia roses. If you want soft muted colors, then that is what they have to wear! Tell your Mom she can wear that bright dress to the welcome dinner or whatever else you are planning in Mexico, but you get the final say for wedding attire!!!!!

If you look at my pics, the people in patterned dresses look busy. I guess I did not really tell everyone what to wear, just my immediate family :)
                      Thanks ladies. You made me feel much better about this. :)
                      Amanda ~ Marrying Stephen on October 10th 2010 at Azul Sensatori

http://tickers.Ticke....ded6/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users