Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#8971 cjb0arder13

cjb0arder13
  • Jr. Member
  • 310 posts

    Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:21 PM

    msmarmar123...I LOVE Baby G!!! So flippin' adorable. I'm like you, generally go for bigger dogs (as you can see from my siggy pic) but every once in a while a small dog will yap its way into my heart.

    We bought our lab Boone as a pup at 8 weeks, but adopted Brodie when he was 7 months old (they're 5 days apart in age...how crazy is that??). I've already decided that all of our future dogs will be rescues...there are just so many that need homes!

    #8972 beaz2be

    beaz2be
    • Jr. Member
    • 256 posts

      Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:40 PM

      AmyKH your makeup looked fantastic!! I think I might try and follow your lead. Something to add to this non-existent "to do" list of mine (figure out wedding makeup). :-)

      Linds I can't believe you leave in 2 weeks. And Daniepps, you're even sooner than that?! So excited for you girls!!

      Is momichele around much on here? I'm not sure I know her well... she's in like 3 days!!

      #8973 gingerlover36

      gingerlover36
      • Newbie
      • 89 posts

        Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:35 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by MaggieandJay



        I can't do my own make-up to save my life. If I tried to do fancy makeup I would probably come out looking like a $2 hooker

        ARRG MEN!!!
        Hahahah

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by KittenHeart
        Well all I have to say is that for me it was a positive experience since I wanted to learn how to do my make up better and more professionally anyways and buy some good quality makeup. Killed like 3 birds with one stone
        :


        STILL no word from Fabio and I think FI is getting his hopes up when it comes to his groomsmen. Only 3/5 have booked for the wedding and his bachelor weekend in Miami was cancelled because they couldn't make it all of a sudden. They suck and they're irresponsible (that's a whole other story) and when I mention it I'm the bad guy. I just think he doesn't want to admit they don't have his best interest at heart. So, at least you can say you love all of your groomsmen (showing you the bright side) because I cannot say the same. I tolerate them and that's about it.




        What are/were your colors?
        aww sad about his groomsmen!!! I was going to do fuschia and navy blue with accent color of orange/tangerine.

        He wants blue and green ....

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz
        hahaha you're FI is too cute! Your makeup was beautiful! My future sis in law did this same thing. She practiced for months! Everyday she would practice her wedding makeup (I'm sure they thought she was beautiful at work everyday!) haha. It turned out perfectly! I want to do this but I can see this happening: Me starting to do it...then washing my face and starting over...then getting a little further along, and washing my face and starting over again...then start freaking out...then have one of my friends do it and not be satisfied! I really don't know what to do. Has anyone heard anything about the mac in cancun?
        I can see this happening to me too ....I would be interested if you find out info!!

        #8974 Ms.H

        Ms.H
        • Jr. Member
        • 169 posts

          Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:38 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by beaz2be
          Ok ladies here's a question for you. I'm obviously emailing Carolina (our WC) to try and find this out too but just in case any of you have any knowledge on it:

          We're looking at the new wedding packages. We had the Pearl Package, but now are considering between the New Pearl and the Free Sweet Wedding Package. Seems to me the Free package includes MORE than the paid for pearl package. It has the amenities of the Honeymoon package too. BUT.... I don't understand what the requirements are to qualify for it. Specifically it says:
          "Valid in Canada, USA and reservations booked at published rates only" Does this mean you have to book DIRECTLY through AS? I'm going to have my TA follow up too if need be as well to see if I qualify.

          If not, I guess we stick with Pearl. The other thing is that they don't clearly specify on either package how many chairs are provided. The Pearl package only says "maximum group capacity and restaurant restrictions ...AZS - 40 people - Spoon Restaurant"
          Does this mean that maximum 40 chairs are included? That ROXX if I'm correct. Wasn't it like 12 before?

          Okay, sorry so long. Any insight is appreciated. Again, I'm going to find out from Carolina as well, so if anyone is curious to have official answers I'll pass them on


          My TA looked into the free sweet package for us but found out that it does not apply to canadians at azul sensatori....but for some reason it applies at all of their other resorts which totally sucks.

          I think we are going with the pearl package too. I think the 40 people means they will reserve you a section of the restaurant that will seat up to 40 people. You will still need to pay for any chairs you need over the 12 they give you for your ceremony.

          I have Carolina too, how are you finding her? How long does it take before you hear back from her?

          #8975 msmarmar123

          msmarmar123
          • Member
          • 747 posts

            Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:59 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by cjb0arder13
            msmarmar123...I LOVE Baby G!!! So flippin' adorable. I'm like you, generally go for bigger dogs (as you can see from my siggy pic) but every once in a while a small dog will yap its way into my heart.

            We bought our lab Boone as a pup at 8 weeks, but adopted Brodie when he was 7 months old (they're 5 days apart in age...how crazy is that??). I've already decided that all of our future dogs will be rescues...there are just so many that need homes!

            I am a HUGE supporter of rescues! I attempted to volunteer at one once..but they were saying in order to do it you had to be willing to foster and/or adopt....and with 3 animals already...I can't bring another one in...house is WAY too small...

            We have a rescue cat too...got her a long time ago with my ex-husband...I got to keep her...she's a big baby and she drools...only cat I know that does that...

            And a BIRD..that is FIs. That bird will live FOREVER....if any of you have birds...I'm sorry...but I am NOT a bird person...Animals are cute and cuddly...cats and dogs...
            The Bird is fine and everyone gets along (kind of)...but it's a BIRD...they live outside!

            Love your Dogs too...I love everyone's dogs....if we go to a party or someone's house for anything..you will find me sitting on the floor with the dogs instead of mingling :)

            #8976 msmarmar123

            msmarmar123
            • Member
            • 747 posts

              Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:07 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ms.H
              I think we are going with the pearl package too. I think the 40 people means they will reserve you a section of the restaurant that will seat up to 40 people. You will still need to pay for any chairs you need over the 12 they give you for your ceremony.
              I'm not 100% sure of this...but I think it is now as many ceremony chairs as you need....
              When I 1st recieved the wedding package info (before new ones were out) they specified 12 chairs in the description and you would have to pay for more....

              The new package states "uncovered ceremony chairs" without a number...that makes me think that it is as many as you need since they don't have a specific listed.

              I would still double check though :)

              #8977 *lyndsey*

              *lyndsey*
              • Jr. Member
              • 184 posts

                Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:38 PM

                Hi All,
                I've been away on holiday for a week & have had to catch up with my reading on here!
                We booked our wedding at the beginning of May and sent the wedding pack away about 7 weeks ago....we were told it would take a maximum of 8 weeks but still do not have a confirmed wedding date. i am so stressed already, there are 40 of us in total flying out & staying in mexico for 2 weeks for the wedding. we have one big party for thr family and then others booked separately as couples. on the family booking 2 of my friends booked on it as they were both bridesmaids and it worked out cheaper for my sister to pretend one of her kids was in the room with them. anyway one of my friends has now told me she has to cancel (long story) its not really her fault but i think she should have thought things through more when booking. now there is around £800 extra to be paid as it messes up the rooms. my fiance & I will end up having to pay this i feel stressed out & my weddings not even confirmed! ahhhhh

                lynds x

                #8978 beaz2be

                beaz2be
                • Jr. Member
                • 256 posts

                  Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:40 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Ms.H

                  My TA looked into the free sweet package for us but found out that it does not apply to canadians at azul sensatori....but for some reason it applies at all of their other resorts which totally sucks.

                  I think we are going with the pearl package too. I think the 40 people means they will reserve you a section of the restaurant that will seat up to 40 people. You will still need to pay for any chairs you need over the 12 they give you for your ceremony.

                  I have Carolina too, how are you finding her? How long does it take before you hear back from her?
                  That's strange. Ask Carolina about the free sweet wedding package. She knows that I'm Canadian and didn't say ANYTHING about that affecting the free package. That should be available to everyone from what I know. She just said as long as we book in a premium level for 7 nights (which I still don't know if we'll do/how much it would cost etc.) and have the 15 room nights for guests (at any room level) then we'd qualify.

                  The other packages tho - like the Bride & Groom stay free, apply so far to USA brides only. There's a Canadian one that is available at every hotel EXCEPT AS. (I'm very frustrated about that one and Carolina and I have been going back and forth on it a bit).

                  As for the 40 people - yes, that's for the restaurant reservations. But Carolina also said she hasn't heard any word on chair restrictions for the ceremony in the new packages, unless you're doing chivalry chairs and or chair covers/bows, are still additional costs (I personally am saving that email as to me, that means there isn't a 12 chair restriction anymore. The old package was very clear on it).

                  So far I'm a bit indifferent about Carolina to be honest. Her turn around time is usually a day or so (although sometimes longer)... She doesn't really seem to be a wealth of knowledge or very eager to try and get a girl a good deal (this comment from various discussions with her)... BUT she is very precise with her answers to my questions, never misses an answer and I'm hopeful that as we move closer to my date and I'm going back and forth more and more with her and getting to know each other that things will continue to improve. - - definitely don't have any serious COMPLAINTS about her at all so far.

                  #8979 beaz2be

                  beaz2be
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 256 posts

                    Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:44 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by msmarmar123
                    I'm not 100% sure of this...but I think it is now as many ceremony chairs as you need....
                    When I 1st recieved the wedding package info (before new ones were out) they specified 12 chairs in the description and you would have to pay for more....

                    The new package states "uncovered ceremony chairs" without a number...that makes me think that it is as many as you need since they don't have a specific listed.

                    I would still double check though :)
                    Yes, I agree that this appears to be the case now and haven't been told differently from my WC (this is AWESOME when looking at a large wedding group!)

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by *lyndsey*
                    Hi All,
                    I've been away on holiday for a week & have had to catch up with my reading on here!
                    We booked our wedding at the beginning of May and sent the wedding pack away about 7 weeks ago....we were told it would take a maximum of 8 weeks but still do not have a confirmed wedding date. i am so stressed already, there are 40 of us in total flying out & staying in mexico for 2 weeks for the wedding. we have one big party for thr family and then others booked separately as couples. on the family booking 2 of my friends booked on it as they were both bridesmaids and it worked out cheaper for my sister to pretend one of her kids was in the room with them. anyway one of my friends has now told me she has to cancel (long story) its not really her fault but i think she should have thought things through more when booking. now there is around £800 extra to be paid as it messes up the rooms. my fiance & I will end up having to pay this i feel stressed out & my weddings not even confirmed! ahhhhh

                    lynds x
                    Hmmm... if it were me I'd follow up. I know some people took a while to get confirmation of their dates but 7 weeks seems a bit excessive to me.

                    #8980 MaggieandJay

                    MaggieandJay
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,029 posts

                      Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:35 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Mahalo79
                      Thank you for the welcome ladies! I read about 25 pages of this thread last night and already am feeling better about planning. Now I am going to try to find some more info on the Free Sweet package?? I know I have lots more to read! Bear with me as I learn my way around here.
                      This thread was my godsend! I ended up picking the resort because of the ladies on here and i felt I would get the best wedding!

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz
                      AWW he is precious!! AND Baby g!!!
                      So sad that I'm still the only 2012 Bride....
                      I was orginally shooting for May 2012 but had to change due to my grandparents and My mom thinking 2 years was too long for their health! They seems fine to me but when you take some of Mom's money I guess you have to know what to give into! :)

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by msmarmar123
                      I am a HUGE supporter of rescues! I attempted to volunteer at one once..but they were saying in order to do it you had to be willing to foster and/or adopt....and with 3 animals already...I can't bring another one in...house is WAY too small...

                      Love your Dogs too...I love everyone's dogs....if we go to a party or someone's house for anything..you will find me sitting on the floor with the dogs instead of mingling :)
                      I am hoping this photo thing I am about to do works! I have 2 blind from birth poodles. Xander and Leonitis. Xander is the big one and Leo is the little one! We got them from a rescue here in Houston. We took Xander because I am a sucker for special needs. 3 years later the same rescue called us up and said we have another blind dog, would you like it. I don't dress them up very often but the Dog Groomer will do it during the holidays and take their pics for a small fee. She is going to take a pic of them in Tuxes for my favor card!
                      Click the image to open in full size.
                      Click the image to open in full size.
                      Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users