Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#7991 taylorwd

taylorwd
  • Member
  • 932 posts

    Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:15 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by amandamarieb
    Vistaprint is doig 100 free postcards this week and want to print mine (we are using them to make a guest book) but i cannot find an image I like. Looking for something that looks aged. Any idea where to begin?

    THANKS!
    I'm doing a postcard guest book for my AHR! Well sort of. I started with that idea and then revamped it. I made my own postcards by taking one of our wedding pictures and making it transparent so that it's the background of the postcard. I put 3 questions on the front for people to answer. Down the road when I make a photobook with all our pictures (showers/luncheons, wedding, honeymoon, AHR), I'll take what people have written and intermittently incorporate it into the book. I was going to do a straight up postcard guest book with postcards from Mexico and then mail them to us, but then I realized that since I'm taking everyone on a boat, they'll get wet and possibly ruined!

    #7992 taylorwd

    taylorwd
    • Member
    • 932 posts

      Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:18 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by KittenHeart
      I may do a mini planning thread for my Vegas wedding, searching this forum there is literally no info and only a couple Vegas planning threads. My wedding is just a exaggerated legal day but maybe someone will want to do this in the future.
      It's true, there's very little info on here about AHRs in general, and I'm sure it's even more limited if you're looking for specific stuff like Vegas. I did get two ideas from here though: the postcard guest book and using cocktail umbrellas to decorate my cupcakes. I have tons left over from Mexico so now I can put them to good use!

      #7993 amandamarieb

      amandamarieb
      • Jr. Member
      • 239 posts

        Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:43 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by KittenHeart
        Congrats and welcome Jazz!




        LOVE THEM! Great job :)



        You're talking to me right... haha, um which postcard? I made 4 of them. All images of which I stole from the internet :) Google search baby!

        I just made another postcard for my Vegas wedding on Sunday, it should be here by Wed or Thursday and I'll share with you girls. I may do a mini planning thread for my Vegas wedding, searching this forum there is literally no info and only a couple Vegas planning threads. My wedding is just a exaggerated legal day but maybe someone will want to do this in the future.
        Ha. Yes, I was talking to you! I meant the ones with the beach on the front...the ones that you had your BM mail back to you. No worries though. I am googling my ass off. I am sure I'll find something that I like. I just wish I was more computer savy.

        I plan to incorporate hummingbirds on mine as they are a new theme. :) FI and I love them and they were his Grandmother's fav thing. She won't be there bc she passed away but now a piece of her will be. :) Also, in Mayan folklore the hummingbirds have an interesting story about being created from other bird and have a marriage ceremony. If I find the story I will pass it on for all of you.
        Amanda ~ Marrying Stephen on October 10th 2010 at Azul Sensatori

        http://tickers.Ticke....ded6/event.png

        #7994 KittenHeart

        KittenHeart
        • Sr. Member
        • 3,103 posts

          Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:45 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by taylorwd
          I'm doing a postcard guest book for my AHR! Well sort of. I started with that idea and then revamped it. I made my own postcards by taking one of our wedding pictures and making it transparent so that it's the background of the postcard. I put 3 questions on the front for people to answer. Down the road when I make a photobook with all our pictures (showers/luncheons, wedding, honeymoon, AHR), I'll take what people have written and intermittently incorporate it into the book. I was going to do a straight up postcard guest book with postcards from Mexico and then mail them to us, but then I realized that since I'm taking everyone on a boat, they'll get wet and possibly ruined!
          I love it! That's a great idea, I definitely want to see pix of your AHR details!

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by taylorwd
          It's true, there's very little info on here about AHRs in general, and I'm sure it's even more limited if you're looking for specific stuff like Vegas. I did get two ideas from here though: the postcard guest book and using cocktail umbrellas to decorate my cupcakes. I have tons left over from Mexico so now I can put them to good use!
          You're right there really is! I would have settled for Vegas weddings too, I'm telling you, there aren't enough Vegas BDW brides on here. All I have learned on my own is that flowers are SO expensive out there it's insane!

          Love those little umbrellas, I'm having something made for my cupcakes too to go along with my theme.

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by amandamarieb
          Ha. Yes, I was talking to you! I meant the ones with the beach on the front...the ones that you had your BM mail back to you. No worries though. I am googling my ass off. I am sure I'll find something that I like. I just wish I was more computer savy.

          I plan to incorporate hummingbirds on mine as they are a new theme. :) FI and I love them and they were his Grandmother's fav thing. She won't be there bc she passed away but now a piece of her will be. :) Also, in Mayan folklore the hummingbirds have an interesting story about being created from other bird and have a marriage ceremony. If I find the story I will pass it on for all of you.
          Oh yeah, just google searching! If you search for large photos that helps on the quality side of the image but it cuts your search results down dramatically.
          DH and I were just outside on our lunch break looking at these two hummingbirds chasing each other, they were so cute they looked like they were flirting :)
          Any type of hummingbird? Cetain color? I'll do some searching for you, I'm the Google master! :)

          #7995 daniepps

          daniepps
          • Jr. Member
          • 304 posts

            Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:19 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr
            So, I'm gonna try this again.

            These are the centerpieces my mom and I have been working on. Let me know what you think. Putting it in a Word doc was the only way I could make them fit.

            Attachment 5147
            Very very cute!

            #7996 MaggieandJay

            MaggieandJay
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,029 posts

              Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:03 PM

              Hey ladies that haven't already had fabulous weddings at AS! I got an email for a webinar for the Karisma resorts for next tuesday if you want the info PM me!
              Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

              #7997 dstinationdrmr

              dstinationdrmr
              • Jr. Member
              • 309 posts

                Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:46 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by taylorwd
                It's true, there's very little info on here about AHRs in general, and I'm sure it's even more limited if you're looking for specific stuff like Vegas. I did get two ideas from here though: the postcard guest book and using cocktail umbrellas to decorate my cupcakes. I have tons left over from Mexico so now I can put them to good use!
                I had been meaning to ask you guys if the resort had the cocktail umbrellas. From this, I'm assuming you brought your own?

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by MaggieandJay
                Hey ladies that haven't already had fabulous weddings at AS! I got an email for a webinar for the Karisma resorts for next tuesday if you want the info PM me!
                Hey, I tried to pm you and I couldn't.

                #7998 jazz04

                jazz04
                • Newbie
                • 98 posts

                  Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:26 PM

                  Where did you all see where vista prints have std 100 free. I didn't see that on their website.

                  #7999 jazz04

                  jazz04
                  • Newbie
                  • 98 posts

                    Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:42 PM

                    Does anyone have a wedding page that you have created that I could look at. I know there are free sites but need some suggestions.

                    #8000 lolo

                    lolo
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 187 posts

                      Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:03 PM

                      Hello Ladies

                      It has been awhile since I've been here. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! to all you ladies that have gotten married.

                      Kittenheart, you are having another wedding Lucky girl, how did you pull that off. I am trying to find your link to pics but I have been searching and cannot find it. i would love to see your pics.

                      I put up a few pics from our wedding and a couple "naughty" ones
                      I have to figure out how to make a small album that people can access. We have over 1000 pics. Working on getting a slideshow.
                      Click the image to open in full size.
                      Click the image to open in full size.
                      Click the image to open in full size.
                      Click the image to open in full size.
                      I am happy to read that there has been some beautiful weddings....I want to do it all over again.




                      2 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


                        Google (1)