• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#2521 meghan

meghan
  • 832 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:06 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AshManahan
    I asked Tiffany to price out the premium deluxe one on the Lomas website. She said I needed 4. I would post the picture, but I'm an idiot and can't figure out how to paste pictures into this website! Here's the link.

http://weddings.loma...=Gazebos&idc=32[/URL]

Maybe because I asked for two colors
    Ash, I see what you mean. You would need 4 sheets to get that kind of set up. Since Im trying to keep my cost as low as possible, I think Im just gonna have a set up like the Exotic Gazebo with 2 sheets.

#2522 meghan

meghan
    • 832 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:12 PM

Katken, Thanks for your thoughts about setting up.

For all of you brides wondering about fabric, I have gotten some info from Tiffany. Like someone else mentioned, it is $100 -150 for each piece of fabric, however, Tiffany told me I can get 2 pieces (green and turquoise) for a total of $150 which is better. I also asked her about bringing our own fabric for us to set up ourselves, and what the dimensions are. Here is her response :

"Unfortunately, you will not be able to assist with the set up of the ceremony location. You can bring the fabric with you but there will be a set up charge of $100. The length of the fabric is 3 meters which comes out to around 9 feet. "

To me, that seems like a rip off as well. If you purchase your own fabric, you still have to pay them $100 to set it up for you. I have decided to get the 2 sheets of fabric from them for $150.

#2523 Allisa

Allisa
      • 206 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:17 PM

Thanks for the update Meghan, you are right, it is best to go with their sheets.
        My girl quoted $100 per sheet, so thanks for that confirmation, I'm going to talk to her about it.

#2524 meghan

meghan
        • 832 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:17 PM

Sorry, another post lol. I had so much to say as I was reading through the last 3 pages of posts and couldnt remember everything to say in one.

Nikki, I went to one of the bridal showers last year. When is it this year? It would be nice to meet you so if you are going I just might.

Katie, I agree with everyone else about your dress. My dress is even poofier than yours!! I had in mind getting a really slim fitting dress, but the princess one just suited me better. I wouldnt be concerned about it....as long as you love it!

#2525 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
          • 3,103 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:26 PM

Allisa your dress is beautiful! I love the birdcage veil too, I'm totally doing the same thing.

My dress has a CRAZY train too which I didn't even want but fell in love with the dress, the bustle looks ridiculously awesome too.

I don't know how I am going to manage being 1 month away from my wedding, I'm already freaked out! I can't wait to hear all about and see pics of course :)

#2526 MrsVaughn2B

MrsVaughn2B
            • 264 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:35 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by meghan
              Katken, Thanks for your thoughts about setting up.

For all of you brides wondering about fabric, I have gotten some info from Tiffany. Like someone else mentioned, it is $100 -150 for each piece of fabric, however, Tiffany told me I can get 2 pieces (green and turquoise) for a total of $150 which is better. I also asked her about bringing our own fabric for us to set up ourselves, and what the dimensions are. Here is her response :

"Unfortunately, you will not be able to assist with the set up of the ceremony location. You can bring the fabric with you but there will be a set up charge of $100. The length of the fabric is 3 meters which comes out to around 9 feet. "

To me, that seems like a rip off as well. If you purchase your own fabric, you still have to pay them $100 to set it up for you. I have decided to get the 2 sheets of fabric from them for $150.
              Tiffany is my WC and quoted me $100 per sheet as well. Do you think I should ask her about $150 for both sheets?

#2527 Allisa

Allisa
              • 206 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:02 PM

Thanks KittenHeart!

I must say, anxiety is starting to build and the list seems longer than it did a week ago! I'm hoping I am actually more organized than I think... could happen!

I am so excited though -its crazy! We leave a week today!!! Weee!!!

#2528 meghan

meghan
                • 832 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:53 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MrsVaughn2B
                  Tiffany is my WC and quoted me $100 per sheet as well. Do you think I should ask her about $150 for both sheets?
                  Yeah maybe. tiffany originally told me it would be $100-150 per sheet. That was before I told her the colours. After I decided on colours, she came back to me with the quote of $150 for both sheets...maybe it is the colours i'm using that make it a bit cheaper? Not sure.

#2529 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
                  • 4,512 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:06 PM

Allisa - I love your dress!

Meghan, are you kidding me!? They want to charge $100 to set up a sheet lol. Ugh.
                    The bridal shower is Aug 27th I believe. I'm not sure if I'm going yet. I didn't know how well worth my while it would be and I have no one to go with lol. They say grooms welcome but I can just see FI sitting there rolling his eyes and huffing..... so yeah bringing him isn't an option! What's it all about anyhow?
                    *Formerly Nikki07*
                    My Planning Thread

#2530 ~Katie~

~Katie~
                    • 1,225 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:22 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by KittenHeart
                      Katie -

I was just in this EXACT same position... the dress I posted on here that I bought I emailed to my mom and my bridesmaids and all the bridesmaids loved it, my mom said it wasn't appropriate for a beach wedding, even though I'll be on the sky deck. That's what prompted my frantic thread asking if it was an appropriate dress or not.

I told her to save her judgements for Sunday when I tried it on for her and all my bridesmaids. When I came out, they all gasped and I turned around and saw her nodding and looked at me and I said, "this is my dress isn't it?" They all said, yes, OMG, that is SO your dress.

Moral of the story... go with your heart, it's hard to see a dress on a stranger and convince others it's your dress sometimes, when they see it in person it's different.

Good luck!
                      Ah thanks Kitten....I'm getting married on the sky deck too, hence why I wasn't so bothered about what the dress was like. I was thinking that would mean it wouldn't matter so much, and I've been to Riviera Maya before so I know how windy it is!! plus i have to have the hoop thing under the dress so makes it nice and airy underneath! lol

lets hope I get the same reaction you did next Saturday!!!

Thank you :)

Katie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users