#19201 KristynR

KristynR
  • 3 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 22, 2017
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 September 2016 - 03:01 PM

Hi ladies!

I'm so happy to be joining this group - just scrolling through older posts the past couple of weeks has made me feel SOOOO much better about all the unknowns that come along with planning a DW! I look forward to sharing this journey with you all! 

Any 2017 Azul Sensatori brides out there?

Hey Leanne P! I'm a 2017 bride getting married next March too!! AND I'm from Ontario as well!  :D

#19202 LeanneP

LeanneP
  • 28 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 7, 2017
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 18 September 2016 - 03:01 PM

Hi ladies!

I'm so happy to be joining this group - just scrolling through older posts the past couple of weeks has made me feel SOOOO much better about all the unknowns that come along with planning a DW! I look forward to sharing this journey with you all!

Welcome Kristyn! I see you are an Azul Sensatori March 2017 bride as well. Yeah! And from Canada too!!! This is a awesome site chalk full of great advice, tips, DIY ideas and information. You'll be so happy you found it. Enjoy the wedding planning journey!

Edited by LeanneP, 18 September 2016 - 03:02 PM.

#19203 KristynR

KristynR
  • 3 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 22, 2017
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 September 2016 - 03:07 PM

Welcome Kristyn! I see you are an Azul Sensatori March 2017 bride as well. Yeah! And from Canada too!!! This is a awesome site chalk full of great advice, tips, DIY ideas and information. You'll be so happy you found it. Enjoy the wedding planning journey!

It's definitely going to keep me sane through this process! I already have so many questions answered that were on my growing list and it's so great to hear the info. first hand from brides who have either been there, are currently there or planning their big day as well. I look forward to sharing the planning journey with you! 

#19204 jmp403

jmp403
  • 38 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 16, 2016
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:06 AM

For people who got complimentary upgrades - did you do anything to get it like speaking with the manager?

#19205 LRosario

LRosario
  • 61 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 25, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationChicago

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:24 AM

@jmp403

We got a voucher to present on arrival from our wedding coordinator for a room upgrade. But when we arrived they had already upgraded us to the room with the huge patio area. I think they upgrade almost all bridal couples. Haven't heard of anyone who wasn't upgraded.

RoMo2016

#19206 jmp403

jmp403
  • 38 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:28 AM

Does anybody know if they give a list of room numbers for the group to the bridal couple?

@jmp403
We got a voucher to present on arrival from our wedding coordinator for a room upgrade. But when we arrived they had already upgraded us to the room with the huge patio area. I think they upgrade almost all bridal couples. Haven't heard of anyone who wasn't upgraded.

Thanks!

#19207 amyzig2

amyzig2
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:14 AM

They didn't give us a list of guests room numbers but I had a little sheet where ppl could write down other numbers if they wanted. I put that in their welcome bags. It was a room to room cheat sheet

They had to fill it out themselves though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by amyzig2, 23 September 2016 - 10:14 AM.

#19208 DestinationDelgado

DestinationDelgado
    • 6 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 26, 2017

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:24 AM

Ladies who have been to Azul, can you fill me in on the lighting situation at the Palapa Yoga at night? We've confirmed this as our reception location and I'm wondering about string lighting above (since they're on clearance now!) I'm not sure if I can get away with warm glow bulbs, or if I need bright bulbs to make up for a lack of lighting... Any insight would be helpful!!

TIA!

#19209 murmel

murmel
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 1,407 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:49 AM

Ladies who have been to Azul, can you fill me in on the lighting situation at the Palapa Yoga at night? We've confirmed this as our reception location and I'm wondering about string lighting above (since they're on clearance now!) I'm not sure if I can get away with warm glow bulbs, or if I need bright bulbs to make up for a lack of lighting... Any insight would be helpful!!

TIA!

Not really sure about the lighting, but if there is any it is limited. The warm glow bulbs will give you a lovely romantic feel, and often people have placed tiki torches around the area to help. Remember there is not much to string the lights to over the beach area...(ie. poles or palm trees). So you may not be able to have as many lights strung above the area as you may want.

I have also updated the Bridal roll call with the couple of new ladies who have joined us! Welcome!

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#19210 jmp403

jmp403
    • 38 posts
    • LocationCanada