#16891 murmel

murmel
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 1,407 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by phsexxy 

did anyone find vases at the walmart near the resort for centerpieces? was it more money? was there a variety?

There have been vases, but it can be hit or miss. The selection is not as big as most Walmarts in Canada or US. So as long as you are a bit flexible in what your final look should be it could work for you. We bought our vases at a party supply store in Cancun, you can find directions on  my planning thread.

http://www.bestdesti...-template-heavy

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#16892 jamilaimani

jamilaimani
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

Does anyone know if we can bring our own sand for the sand ceremony or do we have to use theirs?

#16893 kimsing12

kimsing12
    • 23 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

Our coozies came in!!! Our wedding is happening during Day of the Dead celebration...so we decided to incorporate it a bit...really only in a few things! I tried to find the prettiest skull I could! and we LOVE pizza...so we are serving it as a "late night snack" at the reception! so you don't think I am nuts :-) so fun to have all the little pieces coming together! 

#16894 kaleighMCL

kaleighMCL
      • 49 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

Hi Ladies!

I am doing a 'rush' order on my invites because i'm slowly loosing control on my guest list (over eager parents). I'm trying to decipher the banquet menu, and I would like to give my guests the options of chicken, beef, or surf and turf - but the menu looks like I pick? Can I just get the numbers from the RSVP cards and submit to the hotel?

It looks like a lot of people on the post are just doing the lobster surf and turf. Are any brides out there giving their guests meal options?

#16895 murmel

murmel
        • Resort/Area Ambassadors
        • 1,407 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
        • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by kaleighMCL 

Hi Ladies!

I am doing a 'rush' order on my invites because i'm slowly loosing control on my guest list (over eager parents). I'm trying to decipher the banquet menu, and I would like to give my guests the options of chicken, beef, or surf and turf - but the menu looks like I pick? Can I just get the numbers from the RSVP cards and submit to the hotel?

It looks like a lot of people on the post are just doing the lobster surf and turf. Are any brides out there giving their guests meal options?

Not sure exactly which menu you are looking at.....? But if you are looking at the Pick and Choose selections: you must pick the starters and dessert. The main: you are allowed to offer your guests the choice of two of the entrees (plus a vegetarian option)....so in this case perhaps chicken, surf/turf, vegetarian. You must have your totals back to the hotel at least 4 weeks prior to your wedding (although I added 3 guests with less than 2 weeks and they accomodated them and their meal choices).

Hope that helps!

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#16896 kaleighMCL

kaleighMCL
        • 49 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:55 AM

That does help! I was looking at the privat event banquet kit provided to me by the WC. I was getting really turned around with the whole thing - the pick and choose and the pre-set menu, i spent so long looking through it all, and the FI decided that buffet was his pick! LOL. I'm torn - i like the idea of a structured sit down, but the freedom of choice of the buffet.

#16897 shasty

shasty
          • 8 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

phsexxy you can look at the vases at dollar tree, that is the route we went. Good reviews online also and can ship to store for pick up for free

#16898 JMK923

JMK923
            • 185 posts
            • Wedding Date:February 8, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
            • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by jamilaimani 

Does anyone know if we can bring our own sand for the sand ceremony or do we have to use theirs?

Hi! If you look back through the thread this question came up before. I believe you can bring your own sand but I don't think you can take it out of Mexico to bring home.

#16899 JMK923

JMK923
            • 185 posts
            • Wedding Date:February 8, 2014
            • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by kimsing12 

Our coozies came in!!! Our wedding is happening during Day of the Dead celebration...so we decided to incorporate it a bit...really only in a few things! I tried to find the prettiest skull I could! and we LOVE pizza...so we are serving it as a "late night snack" at the reception! so you don't think I am nuts :-) so fun to have all the little pieces coming together! 

This is so creative! I love that you are serving pizza as a late night snack. That is just awesome.

#16900 Jennypert

Jennypert
            • Site Supporter
            • 225 posts
            • Wedding Date:June 6, 2014
            • LocationChicago suburbs

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by kaleighMCL 

That does help! I was looking at the privat event banquet kit provided to me by the WC. I was getting really turned around with the whole thing - the pick and choose and the pre-set menu, i spent so long looking through it all, and the FI decided that buffet was his pick! LOL. I'm torn - i like the idea of a structured sit down, but the freedom of choice of the buffet.

We decided on the BBQ deluxe buffet. That way, people have more choices and I don't have to try and figure out what they will like. But, I don't know if I should have assigned seats and tables with the buffet. Suggestions and thoughts from anyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users