• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#1641 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
  • 4,512 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:15 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Anon101
    To round this new policy out, you can also still use the Mexican photographers on the resort's approved list. So, I guess they've changed their policy to exclude non-approved Mexican photographers.
    Wow...it's amazing the inconsistency on this topic. I emailed Tiffany 2 days ago to let her know which outside vendor I've booked for my photography, and she said it was fine and she would just add it to my detail sheet.
    *Formerly Nikki07*
    My Planning Thread

#1642 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,369 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:35 PM

Ya Karisma makes NO sense...ugh I just want it to be my wedding day so i can stop stressing about it - i feel like I cant trust anything!

#1643 aspeed7309@gmail.com

aspeed7309@gmail.com
      • 27 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:22 PM

I am in pacic mode!!!! I have 50 guest for my wedding....Most have booked! Unfortunatly the only ones that havent are my brother and sister and their families. They are the only one's bringing kids which is why we chose this resort over the El Dorado.... To make a long story even longer, they procrastinated and now the resort is BOOKED!!!! Are there any brides blocking rooms where the block might lift for MAY 7-12 OR 6-13 OR ANYTHING!!! HELP!!!! They are booked the 7-9th and our wedding is the 9th. Any help or room changes would be greatly appreciated.

Also, Are any of your guests staying at other resorts and getting day passes? If so what does that consist of and do you have resort reccomendations that will take kids near by??

#1644 beachbride2009

beachbride2009
        • Banned
        • 228 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:42 PM

Oh man that sucks...I sure hope it works out for you! I have a friend's large family with kids & grandparents that are renting a villa in the area and the parents are coming to the resort for the wedding day. I think the day passes are around $75 USD per adult. I have an idea...I'll PM you.

#1645 JHarwood2Be

JHarwood2Be
          • 687 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:47 PM

How about Azul Beach? Great for kids! The Paradisus isn't too far away either, very nice and allows kids.
            The resort is sold out our weekend too, but luckily we got mostly everyone to book.
            Photography by Tamm's Photos
            http://www.ezticker.....aya/ticker.png

#1646 Meesh

Meesh
            • 30 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:45 PM

Thanks for the map! I am having my bridesmaids pay for their dress, but I am getting their shoes and jewelry.

#1647 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,369 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:49 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by aspeed7309@gmail.com
                I am in pacic mode!!!! I have 50 guest for my wedding....Most have booked! Unfortunatly the only ones that havent are my brother and sister and their families. They are the only one's bringing kids which is why we chose this resort over the El Dorado.... To make a long story even longer, they procrastinated and now the resort is BOOKED!!!! Are there any brides blocking rooms where the block might lift for MAY 7-12 OR 6-13 OR ANYTHING!!! HELP!!!! They are booked the 7-9th and our wedding is the 9th. Any help or room changes would be greatly appreciated.

Also, Are any of your guests staying at other resorts and getting day passes? If so what does that consist of and do you have resort reccomendations that will take kids near by??
                Try Azul Beach...its not too far and also by Karisma and allows kids. It is small though (97 rooms) - its where Im getting married on May 8th :)

#1648 aspeed7309@gmail.com

aspeed7309@gmail.com
                • 27 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:24 PM

Thanks to everyone on the forum for being so helpful. I really appreciate all of the advice. We will figure something out. Worst case scenario they will rent a house or try for another resort and get the day pass. It's just crazy b/c they were the main people we needed and wanted there and now we have all of our friends and most of our fam and missing 2 main components

#1649 jennik13

jennik13
                  • 118 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:24 AM

Quote:

A little birdie told me that it's possible that you can get into the Azul Sensatori easily via the beach. There are no wristbands and since the hotel is at capacity, is anyone really going to know? They really have nerve charging day passes for a wedding!! Ask your TA to pull some strings, perhaps they can get a few passes for you. There is absolutely no harm in asking.

Phew, at first i thought i was crazy for paying $15k for room deposits but wow I am glad that I did!!

Good luck!

#1650 jhawkev

jhawkev
                    • 124 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:07 PM

I finally heard from Tiffany and am just waiting now for my final payment to go through. A great weight has been lifted!! And she confirmed us for the Plaza Deck.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by meghan
                      I have a question about bridesmaid dresses. Do the brides pay for them or bridesmaids? If some of you could let me know what you are doing that would be quite helpful! I'm not sure what the proper etiquette with this is.
                      It just depends on what you want to do, I've been in weddings where they have paid and where I have paid. We are paying for their dresses, jewelry, etc. and 3 nights stay for our wedding party.

Quote:

So sorry to hear that!! Keep us posted on what happens. We have a few family members that have decided to stay elsewhere and are getting the day passes to attend. My suggestions for resorts are the same as already posted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users