Decorations - You can bring down as much or as little decorations as you want. I brought down 90% of my own and rented a couple things from the resort. The resort will charge you to set up the decorations (I paid $250). But it was still cheaper than renting everything from the resort directly.
Photographer - I loved my photographer! Ivan Lucky with Luckie Photography (
Now that I'm official, I'm ready to ask my seventeen hundred questions!
1. I see everyone talking about bringing down their own decorations... Are there rules on what you can bring, and what has to come from AS? BTW, without this forum, I would have never even known that bringing my own bows etc was even an (awesome) option!
2. What was everyone's decision on the photographer? For me, this is probably the most important part, besides actually getting married, of course, lol. I am willing to make this a bigger part of the budget, and give up some other things. I have to say, I am really not crazy about any of the AS approved choices, so I guess I will have no choice but pay the $800 fee... Well, I got some prices, and I really like Elizabeth Medina, but their packages start at $5,250, and $6K seems pretty high! Anyone use a local photographer they loved? Any way to get out of the $800 fee?
3. Train or no train? I'm the clumsiest person alive, and I'm convinced I will trip walking down the isle if I have a train, but would having a long veil be "romantic" enough?
4. Shoes! I definitely want heels for as long as I can bear it (then will probably switch to white wedges of some sort, yet to find them, too)... Any recommendations for a cute but COMFY white heels? Brands? Stores? Styles?
5. How did you go about getting a headcount? My WP keeps saying email, but I can't help but feel like it's tacky to have that be the first announcement of our wedding, especially for older family members... On the other hand, we are inviting about 200 people, but expecting only 40-60 to make it, so printed stuff will get pricey...
6. Entertainment: Did anyone have the Fire Dancers or any of the Live Music?
That's all for now, I appreciate any input the more experienced of you may have! Thanks in advance!