October 2013

November 2013

KayaWasTaken - November 15, 2013

December 2013

#15673 KayaWasTaken

KayaWasTaken
      • 40 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

Now that I'm official, I'm ready to ask my seventeen hundred questions!

1. I see everyone talking about bringing down their own decorations... Are there rules on what you can bring, and what has to come from AS? BTW, without this forum, I would have never even known that bringing my own bows etc was even an (awesome) option!

2. What was everyone's decision on the photographer? For me, this is probably the most important part, besides actually getting married, of course, lol. I am willing to make this a bigger part of the budget, and give up some other things. I have to say, I am really not crazy about any of the AS approved choices, so I guess I will have no choice but pay the $800 fee... Well, I got some prices, and I really like Elizabeth Medina, but their packages start at $5,250, and $6K seems pretty high! Anyone use a local photographer they loved? Any way to get out of the $800 fee?

3. Train or no train? I'm the clumsiest person alive, and I'm convinced I will trip walking down the isle if I have a train, but would having a long veil be "romantic" enough?

4. Shoes! I definitely want heels for as long as I can bear it (then will probably switch to white wedges of some sort, yet to find them, too)... Any recommendations for a cute but COMFY white heels? Brands? Stores? Styles?

5. How did you go about getting a headcount? My WP keeps saying email, but I can't help but feel like it's tacky to have that be the first announcement of our wedding, especially for older family members... On the other hand, we are inviting about 200 people, but expecting only 40-60 to make it, so printed stuff will get pricey...

6. Entertainment: Did anyone have the Fire Dancers or any of the Live Music?

That's all for now, I appreciate any input the more experienced of you may have! Thanks in advance!

#15674 ZaraP

ZaraP
        • 15 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

Hi everyone...I am getting Married at the Sensatori on the 20th March 2013...very excited!! Love reading everyones comments they help loads.  I have the Gold package and was just wondering what everyones thoughts were about the photography they provide...any good?? Also it seems they go by hourly rate instead of half a day or full day as they do in UK...so how long is everyone having the photographer there for?? I would like them to be there for the whole day going into the evening so nothing is missed but I can see that being very pricey due to the hourly rate, not sure what to do??  

Thanks for your help guys xx   

#15675 MK0386

MK0386
          • 199 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by KayaWasTaken 

1. I see everyone talking about bringing down their own decorations... Are there rules on what you can bring, and what has to come from AS? BTW, without this forum, I would have never even known that bringing my own bows etc was even an (awesome) option!

2. What was everyone's decision on the photographer? For me, this is probably the most important part, besides actually getting married, of course, lol. I am willing to make this a bigger part of the budget, and give up some other things. I have to say, I am really not crazy about any of the AS approved choices, so I guess I will have no choice but pay the $800 fee... Well, I got some prices, and I really like Elizabeth Medina, but their packages start at $5,250, and $6K seems pretty high! Anyone use a local photographer they loved? Any way to get out of the $800 fee?

3. Train or no train? I'm the clumsiest person alive, and I'm convinced I will trip walking down the isle if I have a train, but would having a long veil be "romantic" enough?

4. Shoes! I definitely want heels for as long as I can bear it (then will probably switch to white wedges of some sort, yet to find them, too)... Any recommendations for a cute but COMFY white heels? Brands? Stores? Styles?

5. How did you go about getting a headcount? My WP keeps saying email, but I can't help but feel like it's tacky to have that be the first announcement of our wedding, especially for older family members... On the other hand, we are inviting about 200 people, but expecting only 40-60 to make it, so printed stuff will get pricey...

That's all for now, I appreciate any input the more experienced of you may have! Thanks in advance!

For photography- I loved Elizabeth Medina too and even though I am also willing to sacrifice other things to expand my photography budget I just could not see justifying her prices. I found Samuel Luna through this website and I loooove his work! I booked him and bc of the package I chose he covered the vendor fee for me! My wedding is in June, so I will let you all know how he works out. :)

When you say "fire dancers"... I didn't even know that was an option. I was just telling this to my fiance- "I feel like I don't even know what our options and choices are! I have to do all the research and then clear it with my WC. I wish they would just tell us flat out what they offer."

Good luck with all your planning! :)

#15676 MK0386

MK0386
            • 199 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

So I just found out there is a wedding the same day as mine at the resort! :/ I don't know how I feel about this. I'm trying not to exaggerate or overreact, but I'm nervous. The main reasons I'm nervous are 1- Hearing each others music at the receptions. 2- If it were to rain we would both be moving our wedding indoors and I'm nervous that the options are going to be scarce with 2 brides. 3-Pictures. I don't know what time her ceremony is, but there is only so much time between ceremony and reception where my guests will be at the cocktail hour and we will be taking pictures. What if the other wedding is trying to use the same spots for their pictures as us??....eeek!

Anyone have any experience with this or tips?? 

#15677 vlivins

vlivins
              • 45 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

Just wondering if anyone has gotten the streaming webcam to work for the skydeck? I've tried a couple times to see if it works and adjusted my settings and everything. Did anyone else successfully stream their wedding online?

#15678 jsal4

jsal4
                • 87 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:50 AM

Decorations - You can bring down as much or as little decorations as you want. I brought down 90% of my own and rented a couple things from the resort. The resort will charge you to set up the decorations (I paid $250). But it was still cheaper than renting everything from the resort directly.

Photographer - I loved my photographer! Ivan Lucky with Luckie Photography (

"Where there is love, there is life."

#15679 GinaP

GinaP
                  • 55 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

Now that I'm official, I'm ready to ask my seventeen hundred questions! 1. I see everyone talking about bringing down their own decorations... Are there rules on what you can bring, and what has to come from AS? BTW, without this forum, I would have never even known that bringing my own bows etc was even an (awesome) option! 2. What was everyone's decision on the photographer? For me, this is probably the most important part, besides actually getting married, of course, lol. I am willing to make this a bigger part of the budget, and give up some other things. I have to say, I am really not crazy about any of the AS approved choices, so I guess I will have no choice but pay the $800 fee... Well, I got some prices, and I really like Elizabeth Medina, but their packages start at $5,250, and $6K seems pretty high! Anyone use a local photographer they loved? Any way to get out of the $800 fee? 3. Train or no train? I'm the clumsiest person alive, and I'm convinced I will trip walking down the isle if I have a train, but would having a long veil be "romantic" enough? 4. Shoes! I definitely want heels for as long as I can bear it (then will probably switch to white wedges of some sort, yet to find them, too)... Any recommendations for a cute but COMFY white heels? Brands? Stores? Styles? 5. How did you go about getting a headcount? My WP keeps saying email, but I can't help but feel like it's tacky to have that be the first announcement of our wedding, especially for older family members... On the other hand, we are inviting about 200 people, but expecting only 40-60 to make it, so printed stuff will get pricey... 6. Entertainment: Did anyone have the Fire Dancers or any of the Live Music? That's all for now, I appreciate any input the more experienced of you may have! Thanks in advance! :cool:

Congrats and happy planning! This forum is very helpful! 1. I booked Dean Sanderson. I thought he prices were reasonable and he has been so easy to communicate with! 2. You can avoid the vendor fee by booking them a room for three nights... It's little cheaper than the $800 (they need to actually stay there) 3. I booked DJ Doremixx for the music for the reception. Hope this helps!

#15680 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 8,047 posts
                    • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
                    • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
                    • LocationToronto

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by vlivins 

We are now confirmed for March 26, 2013! Can't wait!!!

Gosh I haven't posted in here in forever but yey Vik!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  so so excited! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users