Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#10761 meghan

meghan
  • Member
  • 832 posts

    Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:18 PM



    Originally Posted by arkae 

    Does anyone know what's up with the day passes? How much and for how long are they valid (4 hrs, 8hrs etc?)... I know I saw this info somewhere a while back but now I can't seem to locate it....thx! :)



    Day passes are around $75, however, if you have a private reception, there is no fee for the day pass (we were not informed about this until we actually got to the resort).  If you have the dinner at the Spoon for your reception (which is no charge) then day passes do need to be purchased.



    #10762 Ms.H

    Ms.H
    • Jr. Member
    • 169 posts

      Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:46 PM

      Hey Ladies,

       

      I remember seeing something about make-up costs a while back, but cant find it

       

      According to the spa info provided by my WC, make up is $165, has anyone been told otherwise? I thought someone had said it was only $85...

       

      Thanks is advance!



      #10763 Nikki O

      Nikki O
      • Newbie
      • 83 posts

        Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:53 PM

        Hi Meghan,

         

        So all we need to bring is our iPod and they will plug it into their sound system? There is no need to bring anything else? What about charging? How did you charge your iPod during the reception?

         

        Thanks.

        Nikki

         

        Originally Posted by meghan 

        Hey, I got married in July, and you do not need to bring your own ipod docking station.  Any ipod works with their system.  We rented the sound equipment and hooked our ipod up.  Sound was fantastic!  The wedding coordinator even took care of our ipod for us (stopping it during speeches, taking requests, etc...).  No complaints.
         


         



        Azul Sensatori - May 7, 2011

        #10764 KristyMichelle

        KristyMichelle
        • Newbie
        • 5 posts

          Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:18 PM



          Hello DakotaAZ!

           

          I am getting married April 3, 2011. I noticed are you getting married the day before me! First off... Congrats!! I am super excited for the resort. I decided that we were getting married there in late august and I still haven't planned much. I did get my wedding dress though, and that is about it. I was wondering if you would be interesting in chatting?

           

          Originally Posted by dakotaAZ 

          We were actually going to use Elizabeth Medina also but found it more cost effective (she will photograph 3 days since she is staying at the resort).  Azul did approve us brining Elizabeth if we were going to use her and this was a couple of months ago, as long as you ask permission and pay the 500 dollars you can use almost anyone (Del Sol is not allowed on Karisma property).  I would suggest looking into photographers in your area or other areas and ask what they would be willing to do it for, I was shocked at how many would do a destination wedding and how the cost could be lower than going local.  Our photographer is doing it for the cost of her trip plus a lower fee and that includes all the photos, some specialty photos on canvas and a coffee table style book and she is bringing her assistant - so it is sometime worth looking into. 





          #10765 KristyMichelle

          KristyMichelle
          • Newbie
          • 5 posts

            Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:28 PM

            Hello Ladies!

             

            Add me to the list... Getting married April 3, 2011 at the Sensatori Azul. Is anyone working with Carolina as a WC? I have found her to not be very helpful. I am hoping to go with a set menu, however, I really want tirmusi for dessert. Has anyone tried to change part of the set menu? Will they allow it?

             

            I have also done no planning for wedding decorations. I am hoping that someone who is getting married around the same time might be interested in sharing supplies?

             

            Thanks! Super glad a found such a supportive group to be part of.

             

            K. 



            #10766 CanadianLindsey

            CanadianLindsey
            • Jr. Member
            • 284 posts

              Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:33 PM


              I was told $86 for hair and $86 for makeup by my WC Priscila.

              Originally Posted by Ms.H 

              Hey Ladies,

               

              I remember seeing something about make-up costs a while back, but cant find it

               

              According to the spa info provided by my WC, make up is $165, has anyone been told otherwise? I thought someone had said it was only $85...

               

              Thanks is advance!





              #10767 CanadianLindsey

              CanadianLindsey
              • Jr. Member
              • 284 posts

                Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:36 PM

                Does anyone know if men can wear nice jeans to dinners or do they have to wear dress pants?  Our guys are all looking for light weight dress pants and I thought we could save them some money and stress.  On the website it only says no shorts....



                #10768 chong

                chong
                • Jr. Member
                • 360 posts

                  Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:53 PM

                  Someone asked how much is the setup fee. I paid $60 for the setup fee. We also checked 4 bags ( 2 free and 2 paid). If you are bringing a lot of items, it's hard to determine how much money you are actually saving....

                   

                  arkae,
                  I bought my table clothes from

                  Thanks Chong!! ....a website would be great whenever you have a sec :)


                  Nikki,
                  I also brought my iPOD and plug it into their sound system. Worked great! I do recommend bringing your charger. I had one of my friends go back to the hotel room and got us a charger during the reception.

                  Originally Posted by Nikki O 

                  Hi Meghan,

                   

                  So all we need to bring is our iPod and they will plug it into their sound system? There is no need to bring anything else? What about charging? How did you charge your iPod during the reception?

                   

                  Thanks.

                  Nikki

                   


                   




                  #10769 chong

                  chong
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 360 posts

                    Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:57 PM


                    Many of our guests brought NICE pants/dress. You do NOT need them. some people do dress up to go to the restaurants but most of them just wore light clothes (shorts!) over their bathing suite for breakfast and lunch. For dinner, we did wear nice beachy clothes but anything close to what we were to go to fancy restaurants in the states.

                    Originally Posted by CanadianLindsey 

                    Does anyone know if men can wear nice jeans to dinners or do they have to wear dress pants?  Our guys are all looking for light weight dress pants and I thought we could save them some money and stress.  On the website it only says no shorts....





                    #10770 dakotaAZ

                    dakotaAZ
                    • Newbie
                    • 23 posts

                      Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:42 PM


                      Sure, your the first person getting married around the same time!  I don't have much done, I did get a dress last weekend and only because they told me if I didn't order that day, the dress wouldn't get there on time!!
                       

                      Originally Posted by KristyMichelle 



                      Hello DakotaAZ!

                       

                      I am getting married April 3, 2011. I noticed are you getting married the day before me! First off... Congrats!! I am super excited for the resort. I decided that we were getting married there in late august and I still haven't planned much. I did get my wedding dress though, and that is about it. I was wondering if you would be interesting in chatting?

                       


                       







                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users