• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#10461 jazz04

jazz04
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by *lyndsey* 

Hi Murmel,

Our total number is upto 40 guests and my WC said that there would be enough room, I would prefer palapa yoga for the cocktail reception then plaza zavaz for the meal and party but we've been told plaza zavaz is unavailable

I just sent you all the email.. hopefully you received it! There are some other locations on there too just in case.

Could you email me also : jasdag04@hotmail.com

#10462 jazz04

jazz04
    • 98 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:14 AM

What is everyone doing for their reception decorations? I am trying to decide between a beach reception versus zavas. Does the resort provide the fabrics that I have seen on some of the gazebos? I am really excited that someone got a free room with every 15 people that is awesome and I am going to ask my planner about that!

#10463 nv+gms

nv+gms
      • Site Supporter
      • 113 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:20 AM

Does anyone know what the details are to the "romantic ocean front ceremony location" in the "free sweet wedding package"?  I was planning on renting a gazebo but it looks like there is a permanent/fixed gazebo like structure on the beach already that only needs sheets/flowers to spice it up.   

#10464 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
        • 899 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:47 AM

Yes, there are two gazebo locations. About 20-30 pages back maybe, JaimeCF2 (don't remember all the digits - sorry) posted pics of the beach locations.  One is near the pier you see in a lot of pictures, and the other is closer to the beach BBQ I think.  The first has a ramp to come down, the second a stairway.  On the Lomas site, there are options for the gazebo decor.  I am doing one that's $220.00 and it includes I believe two sheers, and two sets of flowers.  Hope this helps!  :o)

Originally Posted by nv+gms 

Does anyone know what the details are to the "romantic ocean front ceremony location" in the "free sweet wedding package"?  I was planning on renting a gazebo but it looks like there is a permanent/fixed gazebo like structure on the beach already that only needs sheets/flowers to spice it up.   

#10465 *lyndsey*

*lyndsey*
          • 184 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:27 AM

Hi Jazz,

I have been quoted 100$ for white fabric and then the flowers are 60$ each and we would need 2 sets of flowers, one for each side of the gazebo.

Considering our wedding package costs $3000 not alot seems to be included! be careful as all of these extra things add up.x

#10466 nv+gms

nv+gms
            • Site Supporter
            • 113 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:06 AM

Thanks - took a little bit of digging but found the album.  Great album JaimeCF2!  To save the searching for others/newbies - here is the link:

http://www.bestdesti...8/user_id/30664

Anybody opting for the sand ceremony?  Wondering what the vases/pouring devices look like or if there are options...

Originally Posted by TLGnhci 

Yes, there are two gazebo locations. About 20-30 pages back maybe, JaimeCF2 (don't remember all the digits - sorry) posted pics of the beach locations.  One is near the pier you see in a lot of pictures, and the other is closer to the beach BBQ I think.  The first has a ramp to come down, the second a stairway.  On the Lomas site, there are options for the gazebo decor.  I am doing one that's $220.00 and it includes I believe two sheers, and two sets of flowers.  Hope this helps!  :o)

#10467 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
              • 899 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:18 AM

Actually, this one has more of the ceremony locations.  The one you had listed was her March visit.  She visited again maybe last month or the month before, and focused more on the ceremony/reception locations.  :o)

http://www.bestdesti...0/user_id/30664

Do you know if they charge you to do the sand ceremony?  I haven't thought about that too much just yet. 

#10468 arkae

arkae
                • 129 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:32 AM

Can anyone - maybe someone who's already been or made a site visit - give me some idea of the size of the beach gazebo by the pier?  :)

#10469 nv+gms

nv+gms
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 113 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:14 PM

Wow - this link was great too.  I've think I've decided the location now

Actually, this one has more of the ceremony locations.  The one you had listed was her March visit.  She visited again maybe last month or the month before, and focused more on the ceremony/reception locations.  :o)

http://www.bestdesti...0/user_id/30664

Do you know if they charge you to do the sand ceremony?  I haven't thought about that too much just yet. 

#10470 1106wedding

1106wedding
                    • 317 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:41 PM

For anyone who is having (or had) their ceremony on the sky deck, I read somewhere that it comes with a cocktail reception afterwards? Or am I remembering that wrong? Wishful thinking probably...I remember something about passed champagne as guests arrive but maybe that was it. 

It looks like from pictures there's a place to do a cocktail reception on the opposite end as the pergola - is anyone planning their cocktail reception up there? Where are people holding their cocktail hours? The wedding book is confusing because it prices out a 2-hour cocktail reception but it almost looks like it's in place of a private reception (I'm holding the Zavas Plaza for my actual reception).

Thanks!

Jessie & Chris 10/22/2011 *51 booked and final*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users