Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I don't know if you guys remember, but I had bought a wedding dress at the Brides Against Breast Cancer charity that I wasn't able to wear.  Well, I went this weekend to another event, and was hoping to find something else and exchange the first.  We ll I didn't find a wedding dress, but I found a FABULOUS little lace dress that I could wear for the rehearsal dinner or reception!! YAY

 

It's Monique Lhuilier and I'm super excited :)

 

Now to decide on my actual wedding dress....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

 

Hey girls,

 

Any of you doing silk flowers?  If so, how do you plan on getting them to Mexico?

 

I was thinking about doing that. My mom suggested a Hat Box and Carry it on the plane

 

 

 

Originally Posted by val81602 View Post

 

Hi Ladies,

 

I am considering booking AS for my June 2012 wedding.  I was wondering if anyone has pictures of the Sky deck.  I really love the concept of this I just can't figure out between Beach Palace and Azul.

 

Thanks

 

WELCOME!

 

 

 

Originally Posted by jroberts View Post

 

I'm also considering the Sky deck and hoping to book for October 2011.  I'd love to see photos too!  Also, I'm having a hard time figuring out what my total cost will be when all is said and done.  If anyone has a budget that they wouldn't mind sharing, I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks!

 

 

WELCOME to you as well!

 

 

Originally Posted by mmc1105 View Post

 

Here's the dress from the runway, I'll show you pics as soon as I take some!

 

 

ml6lwx.jpg
 

 

ADORABLE! LOVE IT!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by jroberts View Post

 

I'm also considering the Sky deck and hoping to book for October 2011.  I'd love to see photos too!  Also, I'm having a hard time figuring out what my total cost will be when all is said and done.  If anyone has a budget that they wouldn't mind sharing, I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks!

 

Welcome!!  The budget question is a pretty hard one to answer.  Everyone's weddings are so different and we all do different things that change the cost.  Things like how long you're staying, how many guests you have, the wedding location you choose, the package you choose, which photog you use, if you do a cocktail party or not, if you have a private reception or not, if you have special flower requests, if you're doing OOT bags, if you're using a DJ, what kind of centerpieces you have....will all affect your cost.  I'd say you'd be hard-pressed to pull off a wedding at any Karisma resort for under 10K, with the average being 15-20K? 

 

 

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

 

Hey Girls.  I know I mentioned this before, but I wanted to let you know one more time...  I'll be at Azul Sensatori this coming Wednesday thru Sunday (Sept 1-5), so if anyone needs me to take any pics or look at anything specific, please let me know.  I'll have plenty of spare time, so its no trouble at all!

 

Jaime

 

Azul Sensatori, May 7, 2011!!

 

Oh so fun!!!!!!!  I'm quite jealous!

 

 

Originally Posted by mmc1105 View Post

 

I don't know if you guys remember, but I had bought a wedding dress at the Brides Against Breast Cancer charity that I wasn't able to wear.  Well, I went this weekend to another event, and was hoping to find something else and exchange the first.  We ll I didn't find a wedding dress, but I found a FABULOUS little lace dress that I could wear for the rehearsal dinner or reception!! YAY

 

It's Monique Lhuilier and I'm super excited :)

 

Now to decide on my actual wedding dress....

 

Originally Posted by mmc1105 View Post

 

Here's the dress from the runway, I'll show you pics as soon as I take some!

 

 

ml6lwx.jpg
 

Super cute!!!!!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey ladies I just wanted to know if anyone has considered renting centerpieces or getting flowers from a flower shop in mexico....I did ask my WC and of course she said they dont allow outside vendors but if you pick them up and bring them with you how will they know...idk just wanted to see if anyone else has considered this option

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorwd View Post



 

Welcome!!  The budget question is a pretty hard one to answer.  Everyone's weddings are so different and we all do different things that change the cost.  Things like how long you're staying, how many guests you have, the wedding location you choose, the package you choose, which photog you use, if you do a cocktail party or not, if you have a private reception or not, if you have special flower requests, if you're doing OOT bags, if you're using a DJ, what kind of centerpieces you have....will all affect your cost.  I'd say you'd be hard-pressed to pull off a wedding at any Karisma resort for under 10K, with the average being 15-20K? 

 

Just throwing in my opinion on the budget question...I think the majority of the people here are planning big weddings..

I honestly don't think FI and I are going to go past $10K...with a majority being spent on us and our room.

We are not planning on a private event...we are not bringing a photographer with us...we are keeping our guest list super short to immediate family and close close friends only....

We are looking into a group event (really want to do the catamaran cruise) and trying to find the best deal on those...but since I have so much time..I don't have a clue how many people will be there yet.

 

So...if you plan on having a full on wedding with a lot of people...then yes...your budget will be a LOT higher...but if you go for bare minimum and basics...you can get away with under $10K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry ladies, I'm just sort of jumping in here, but thought I'd comment on the budget.  I agree, a lot of ladies are doing more elaborate weddings.  Mine was "the basics" with only 7 guests.  I think it also depends what you include in your "budget" to be able to compare them accurately.  I included EVERYTHING.  The rings, the week vacation, the attire that I bought for the wedding party, the cost to authenticate documents.... all of it lol.  By the time it was all said and done, I was closer to $14K.

 

I'm sure there are some noobs that need to be added so I've posted the list below.  If anyone needs to be added or removed, PLEASE PM ME!!!!

Thanks!!!

 

August 2010

September 2010

Lecreatifbride - Sept 4, 2010

October 2010

amandamarieb – October 10, 2010

chong – October 10, 2010

November 2010

dstinationdrmr – November 12, 2010 – 4pm

dirtymartini – November 13, 2010 – Azul Beach

Ms.H – November 16, 2010

December 2010

mzgillis316 - December 3, 2010

jaimeburns – December 10, 2010

rkf1046 – December 11, 2010

 

January 2011

Murmel – January 24, 2011

February 2011

Less is More – February 19, 2011

March 2011

gingerlover36 – March 26, 2011

April 2011

dakotaAZ – April 2, 2011

May 2011

TLGnhci – May 2, 2011

mmc1105 – May 6, 2011

JaimeTalis – May 7, 2011

Nikki O – May 7, 2011

amcferron – May 13, 2011

MaggieandJay – May 15, 2011

beaz2be – May 27, 2011

Bigboponthebeach – May 28, 2011

June 2011

jazz04 – June 12, 2011

July 2011

LMMDC – July 23, 2011

 

February 2012

msmarmar123 – February 11, 2012

 

 

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oooooh that is so adorable!!! 

 

I just noticed you are the May 6th bride!!  Have you picked your ceremony and reception location yet?

 

Originally Posted by mmc1105 View Post

Here's the dress from the runway, I'll show you pics as soon as I take some!

 

 

ml6lwx.jpg
 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×