Jump to content

Recommended Posts

hi ladies!

 

i was hoping you all could give me some insight into my room category situation! im not sure whether it's worth dropping a pretty penny on a room upgrade for the FI and I. would love to hear from any of you who have been to the resort already and have seen the rooms. also i would love to hear what any of you have decided to do....any thoughts?  thx!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

also, is anyone planning to use the spa at the sensatori for hair/make up? i've been looking for reviews, but haven't come across anything yet.

thx!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies!  I am a relative newcomer here.  I've been reading for about a month, but this is my first post!  We have recently booked at AS for November 12, 2011 (which feels like a LIFETIME away)!

 

I recently sent out my STDs and resort/booking information, so I'm just waiting to see how many book and get started with the rest of it.  In the meanwhile I have been reading and reading and reading trying to finish this entire thread.....it's taking forever but I think will be worth it because I already feel like I know SO MUCH, and I haven't even been assigned a WC yet.   So far I am at 750, and will be so happy when I finish and can just keep up with a few pages a day!

 

Anyway, I'm excited to hear about everyones' plans!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome! My name's Jessie too and today I put down my deposit for October 22, 2011. We're waiting until after our site visit in November to actually go to contract though. I hope we can lock in a good room rate. Do you mind if I ask you what you got? MY TA quoted something like $470 for 3 days per person but they can't commit until we're ready to sign.

I'm excited to see how the process goes for you. Well done on the Save the Dates- you're ahead of the game! I can't wait for the day when our place and date is OFFICIAL and we can spread the good news...this part of the process has been rough. Did you go down to see the hotel or are you going by the MANY testimonial on this site? It's so helpful.

Again, congrats, and I look forward to sharing experiences!
 

Originally Posted by Jessie View Post

Hi Ladies!  I am a relative newcomer here.  I've been reading for about a month, but this is my first post!  We have recently booked at AS for November 12, 2011 (which feels like a LIFETIME away)!

 

I recently sent out my STDs and resort/booking information, so I'm just waiting to see how many book and get started with the rest of it.  In the meanwhile I have been reading and reading and reading trying to finish this entire thread.....it's taking forever but I think will be worth it because I already feel like I know SO MUCH, and I haven't even been assigned a WC yet.   So far I am at 750, and will be so happy when I finish and can just keep up with a few pages a day!

 

Anyway, I'm excited to hear about everyones' plans!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Sorry!! One more e-mail to send, I feel soo out of the loop. I havn't even heard of the plaza zavaz, I have no clue about any details of my wedding i got one e-mail from my coordinator and that's it. I guess it 's still early. Thanks for Everyone's help!!
 

Originally Posted by nv+gms View Post


Not sure.  It has always been an option.  I haven't actually "booked" the pkg because I didn't do all the math until a week ago but I know for sure that it was offered and discussed with my TA.  The only thing you have to do is buy an upgraded room - premium.  She even verified availability of the room for me already based on the "free wedding" pkg.  Also - if you look at the Lomas site you can see that the offer is valid in the US or Canada.
 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trust me Michele i know exactly how you feel, at least you have the location for your reception. I don't even know my options.

 

Thanks for the tip on tranfering the sheers. I know that i'm going to rent the sheers for sure so that's a piece to know.

 

Originally Posted by Michele4172011 View Post

Hi ladies!

 

Sorry it's been so long, I've been traveling for work and on Sunday off to the Bahamas!! I can't wait. This will be our last vacation as an engaged couple. Only 6 months until our wedding!

 

I'm also waiting on confirmation on the Plaza Zavez for the reception. l wonder why it takes so long??

 

I did hear from a past bride that you can transfer your sheers from the ceremony location to the reception area without cost (with a little agressiveness), so keep that in mind.

 

I feel so lost and indecisive on flowers! and everything for that matter. I think planning a wedding for a year is too long. Too much time to change your mind! After our trip this week, it will be planning central in our house.

 

I've been so stressed with the details of the AHR, but everything is so expensive. I don't want to pay reception prices for a party. Grrr!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I've been gone for a while.  To be honest, I've been sleeping.  I'm sick as a dog!!  here's a lesson for everyone (especially ME).  When you have a nasty head cold, take the time to rest and recover instead of try and "fight it through" or "tough it out"... because if you don't, you can end up with bronchitis, sinusitus and pnuemonia all at once!  (OH JOY).  anyways, slowly on the mend and trying to catch up on the thread...

 

Re: the free package question I've quoted below.  Maybe we're all confused about WHAT we're talking about.  The "bride & groom stay free" package is only for USA brides (trust me... I fought hard for this and got NOTHING).  But... the free sweet wedding package is available to anyone as long as they're in a premium level suite I think.  For us, we also did the math and figured that the upgrade cost just a little more than the pearl package so we decided to go for it and spoil ourselves in the process.  Also, the free sweet wedding was only introduced (or re-introduced) a few months ago.  Before that it was definitely NOT an option.

 

Dunno if that helps anyone - but given that I had experience with trying for both "free" packages and am Canadian, I just thought I'd put my 2 cents in.

 

 

Originally Posted by nv+gms View Post


Not sure.  It has always been an option.  I haven't actually "booked" the pkg because I didn't do all the math until a week ago but I know for sure that it was offered and discussed with my TA.  The only thing you have to do is buy an upgraded room - premium.  She even verified availability of the room for me already based on the "free wedding" pkg.  Also - if you look at the Lomas site you can see that the offer is valid in the US or Canada.
 


 


Quote:

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

It certainally was NOT offered. We basically went after it with our TA. We are in a premium room, and you need to have at least 15 other room nights (ie. 3 other rooms booked for 5 nights each, etc.) to get the promotion. As far as I know, you can visit the Karisma site and look under specials. Even if the promo is only for US or Canada, ask! You might not get the full promo, but certainally gain a few bonuses. Originally I was trying for the bride/groom stay free, but instead we got the free wedding package. JUST ASK!





 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by 1106wedding View Post

 

Welcome! My name's Jessie too and today I put down my deposit for October 22, 2011. We're waiting until after our site visit in November to actually go to contract though. I hope we can lock in a good room rate. Do you mind if I ask you what you got? MY TA quoted something like $470 for 3 days per person but they can't commit until we're ready to sign.

I'm excited to see how the process goes for you. Well done on the Save the Dates- you're ahead of the game! I can't wait for the day when our place and date is OFFICIAL and we can spread the good news...this part of the process has been rough. Did you go down to see the hotel or are you going by the MANY testimonial on this site? It's so helpful.

Again, congrats, and I look forward to sharing experiences!

 

 

 

Hi!  The rate I got is pretty much exactly what you got.....and I haven't really seen anyone on this thread get a better price yet.  I'm envious of your site visit....you'll have to take a lot of pictures and report back about the weather at that time!  I haven't done one, just went on my TA's recommendation and everything I've seen on this site.  Congrats on choosing the resort....I'm excited to have someone here getting married around the same time as I am!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Chapa View Post

Sure, send me your email address when you get a chance!

 

I am so silly! Sorry PMing you now with my email address.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkae View Post

 

murmel:

 

were you upgraded to the premium suite because you had that wedding package or did you qualify for the free wedding package b/c you were booking a premium room?  :)

 

We had booked into the premium room ahead of time. We are hoping our 'free' room upgrade might get us the swim out.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkae View Post

 

hi ladies!

 

i was hoping you all could give me some insight into my room category situation! im not sure whether it's worth dropping a pretty penny on a room upgrade for the FI and I. would love to hear from any of you who have been to the resort already and have seen the rooms. also i would love to hear what any of you have decided to do....any thoughts?  thx!! :)

To be very honest, the rooms are all almost identical. The major difference is (the premium rooms offer): if you have a swim out in the premium section there is a hot tub by the pool. You get free room fragrances, and hand made soaps. Access to WiFi. Premium pool area, ie. beach butlers, nicer lounge chairs, towel service.

That's about it. The inside of the rooms are all very similar. I believe the couple of penthouse/honeymoon suites, are slightly larger and may have a larger sitting area, but that's it.

 

 

Originally Posted by *lyndsey* View Post

 

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had their evening reception at the palapa yoga area on the beach? it looks lovely but i'm unsure incase the beach area is windy.....x

We originally planned for down there, but we were told about a maximum of 30-ish, for seating. We are now well over that number and have a request in for Plaza Zavas (keeping my fingers crossed). I love the area, but I share your concern. I know the lunch BBQ area, they have sheets hung between the posts to provide some wind cover, not sure if they might be able to do that for you in the yoga palapa?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • SUN-IMPERIAL Fashion IS AN ONLINE  WOMEN'S FASHION STORE FOR YOUNG WOMEN WHO LOVE AND LIVE FASHION. Our collection reflects the latest trends in trendy urban fashion. we offer our loyal costumers unique items that have been hand picked by our professional team of stylists in an affordable price. In sun-imperial you will find the top fashion trends and a stylish item for every occasion from casual to fancy looks. Come in and explore our trendy urban clothing, stylish street wear collection.
    • Looking for the best venue for wedding and Wedding related events Book the best Banquet Hall in West Delhi - Symphony Banquets. For all types of Social as well as corporate events with In-House Catering service and luxurious ambiance to make every event a memorable one.  
    • Hundreds of years before, the basic jewellery were made out of seashells and bone, trees and animal skin. In the ancient times, the Egyptian jewellery first came into existence. Egyptian culture inhabited technology, gemstones, and precious metals early in comparison to other places. They were inspired by the culture of royalty and aristocracy which led to thinking noble like having a deep appreciation for luxury. This made them create impactful jewellery and leading trends. Copper was the first metal that came into existence through which we as humans got so many jewellery items.  However, the major focus on jewellery came when they discovered gold. This allowed the Egyptian to rule as the first jewellery maker. The ancient Egyptians valued adornment and were worn by both men and women.  Material and metals: The plethora of material which was used in the making of this Egyptian jewellery was basically gold and silver. Egyptian has mostly attracted towards gold and the availability of silver was less in Egypt as compared to any other place. The colour variation was due to the mixing of elements such as alloys like copper, iron, silver into gold.  Charm jewellery: It was then also an interesting concept to have charms in necklaces, bracelets and other jewellery items. It’s just they were made up of stones and precious or semi-precious jewellery. In this picture above the necklace is adorned with precious stones in different charms shapes. Gem and stones: The more royal pieces of Egyptian jewellery were adorned with the precious jewellery items. The gemstones were semi-precious stones, precious stones are other various gems. The most prized stone were lapis lazuli, rock crystal, and pearls. Emeralds were also found in these jewellery pieces. These were made from ground quartz and then molded into expensive gemstones. They are also used as charm jewellery when molded or carved in different shapes.
    • Congratulations! Where you are you getting married? 
    • It’s my wedding five months from now and we badly need ideas because everyone’s mind is not working right now and I, as the bride, cannot even think of what I really want to have on my wedding day. I want something simple yet unique. Something that suits for Colombian women and bride. Can you help me out with this? Thanks! I will really appreciate your comments!
  • Topics

×