Photo

Engagment Party - The Dress - Hair Idea *Photos*

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 KatyKo

KatyKo
  • 851 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:29 PM

This past weekend my Mom and Will's Mom threw us an engagement party at Murphy's Tavern in Charlotte. We had a small buffet of pick-up foods and the karaoke started when we were done eating and mingling. Will's Mom decorated the place with posters of quotes and poems about us. She even sang a poem she wrote, on stage, to the tune of the Beverly Hillbillies theme song. It was hilarious, I hope someone got a video of it!

Everyone sang and danced the night away and it was great. Here are some photos from that night :)
    KatyKosa/Engagement Party - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I also ordered my dress (I mentioned that in another thread but now I have a picture of me in it) and I fixed my hair for the engagement party and thought it looked pretty good and lasted for quite a while, so I was thinking it might be a good option for the wedding. Take a look :)
    KatyKosa/Wedding Ideas - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Let me know your thoughts :)

#2 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
    • VIP Member
    • 3,160 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:32 PM

I love them, very cute pix. Looks like it was a great time! I love the dress and hair idea too! Very cute. :o))

#3 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,532 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:33 PM

I love your hair! I wish mine would go like that. Dress is beautiful too.

#4 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
        • Banned
        • 1,051 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:34 PM

That's a great idea!!!! It looks like you guys had a BLAST!!! I bet someone got it on video :)

#5 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:38 PM

Dress is beautiful. I really like the hair, i've been trying to find a pic of hair similar to that for my wedding. How did you do it? curling iron or curlers?
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#6 Alyssa

Alyssa
            • 11,793 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:55 PM

great pics!!! you guys make a good looking couple :) CONGRATS your FMIL seems really sweet for doing all of that for you!

#7 KatyKo

KatyKo
              • 851 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:08 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
                Dress is beautiful. I really like the hair, i've been trying to find a pic of hair similar to that for my wedding. How did you do it? curling iron or curlers?
                Thank you :) My hair is naturally a bit wavy and I have a way of "scrunching" it. I wash it and comb it out then scrunch it to my head to create waves. To make it as curly as that picture, I think took a fairly skinny curling iron and wrapped strands of the hair around the iron (don't curl it the way it is suppose to be used, just wrap around whole iron). And it created a wavy/curly look. I had tried curling it that way on my hair after I straightened it, but it didn't stay, with the already wavy hair, I woke up the next morning with the curls still in tact :) And got lots of comments on how it looked professionally done.

And as for my FMIL...I am very lucky! She is so wonderful...a bit hyper...but wonderful. She is just thankful to have a girl to spoil, since she has two boys.

#8 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
                • 1,634 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:43 PM

omg your hair is gorgeous...reveal all!!! how did you do it!!!

xxxxxxx

#9 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
                  • Moderators
                  • 25,218 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                  • LocationSeattle

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:54 PM

gorgeous dress! that's rebecca's dress too, i think :)

#10 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,405 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:08 PM

I Love your dress! I think Becks has that dress too and it's one of my favorites! You two are an adorable couple :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users