Photo

Why Would Someone Take Pictures of Our House?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
  • VIP Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:14 PM

That is extremely odd Jess. I can see how many of the above mentioned reasons could be valid...except for the whole coming back a 2nd time & then speeding off like a bat outta hell. She wasn't snapping pics of your license plate was she? I don't know, I would trust your gut on this & be extra observant. Is there any reason someone would be trying to get info on you guys? Someone mentioned the possibility of a pending lawsuit? I haven't seen you mention anything like that....

Hmmmm....yeah, I'd be really cautious.

#12 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
    • 2,262 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:17 PM

Maybe call the police and put them on notice that this is making you nervous - mind you they will probably say nothing we can do but its worth a shout

#13 PaulaV

PaulaV
      • VIP Member
      • 2,813 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:19 PM

Duplicate message ~removing~

#14 Jessica

Jessica
        • VIP Member
        • 11,939 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:21 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
          Off the top of my head, your being sued for some reason, real estate appraisals, they are doing a background check for the police department, (although honestly I've never heard of this happening), etc.

Shady...very shady. Do you have any problems with neighbors or anyone else?
          Oh god, I hope I'm not being sued!!! I can't think of anything we'd be sued for. No problems with the neighbors.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by seaprincess
          Is your house older? Maybe she lived in at one point and is nostalgic?
          I've met the previous owners and their kids. They were the only owners of this house.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by PaulaV
          But the speeding off has thrown me.
          Yeah, it was the speeding that threw me. I think it's probably just our mortgage appraiser. Don't know why there were two visits. But why the heck was she speeding?! Weirdo.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
          Hey maybe someone wrote to Extreme Makeover and they are redoing your house for you! Wouldn't that be awesome! Or maybe your going to be on one of those decorating shows and they are production assistants who have to get info. That would be fabulous!
          I would LOVE that. I would totally let a decorating show makeover my house. Considering I've been lazy about doing any decorating since I had Aiden.

#15 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,752 posts
          • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:34 PM

jess id call the mortgage appraiser to ask if they were there to snap photos. also, did you get the license plate #s?

#16 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:53 PM

that is strange but the first thing i thought of was real estate related. weird

#17 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
            • 933 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:00 PM

that is really creepy! i would call the appraiser and see if it was them. also, what about a private investigator for some reason. but then why would they do that in the middle of the day where you could see them?
              My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#18 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,680 posts
              • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
              • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
              • LocationUtah

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:05 PM

Creepy! I don't know, would they come and ask your permission to take photos if it was your mortgage company or even a real estate agency. Seems very odd to me.

#19 Jessica

Jessica
              • VIP Member
              • 11,939 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:33 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Maura
                jess id call the mortgage appraiser to ask if they were there to snap photos. also, did you get the license plate #s?
                I didn't get a license plate # unfortunately. But that's a good idea. I didn't think of calling them to ask. I'll definitely do that.

#20 michelle08

michelle08
                • VIP Member
                • 2,702 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:37 PM

This is what I was going to say...but unless you switched companies recently you bought your house a while ago and they wouldn't have waited this long to take pics...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users