Jump to content

Photo

Sacred Heart Diet Anyone?


  • Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

#201 *JillD*

*JillD*
  • Sr. Member
  • 5,112 posts

    Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:50 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FYB87
    GM Ladies! This is my fourth day. I have decided to take Friday's off from working out and I feel great this morning. I made my banana shake and took the advice of Dez921714 to add cinnamon. It made it tolerable being that I don't like milk!

    I tried two bags of the yogi tea instead of one and nothing at all happened. I think I need to call my doctor and get checked out again. It can't be normal to only go once or twice a week. Especially when I am using every aid available to me and the only result is having gas all day! Which is not fun.

    This morning I realized that I am support to start my cycle either today or tomorrow (not on bc and have to count my days). So that's most likely the reason for me being bloated. Crossing my fingers that when I get on the scale Tuesday it will show a loss.

    Is anyone going to try and continue the diet after they come off next week? I'm thinking I will do most of it but add chicken or turkey to the soup, along with eating melons and grapes for my fruit.
    I'm surprised the tea didn't help, I didn't go immediately when I woke up yesterday morning, but a little while later it all came out, yuck!

    I was talking to DH last night and he asked how long I was supposed to do it. I explained to him that it's 7 days, it says if you lose more than 17 pounds to take a couple of days off, but I don't think I'm going to have that problem, so as long as I see a decent loss overall I will probably try to continue until next friday. But if the weight loss isn't as good as I was hoping, I may just switch back to weight watchers on Monday. It's not worth not eating and eating the same things if I'm not losing a significant amount. So we'll see on Monday. I think I've lost about 6 pounds so far.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsE
    Okay girls,

    I have been SICKER THAN A DOG since last night! I got home round 2:30pm and ate a bowl of frozen/steamed cauliflower, broccoli and carrots. Around 6:30 I had some grilled asparagus, baked potato and soup. I saved 1/2 of my potato (because it was kind of dry), and put some soup on it - OMG it was DELICIOUS!

    However after I ate, I was so sick and bloated. I felt like I had to vomit. Needless to say I was in the bathroom the rest of the night. I am not sure what it was. My body usually handles the broccoli and cauliflower fine - I don't know but I still feel sick to my stomach. I can still feel it churning. I have been drinking water ever since. I brought my soup and some fruit with me today to work. I am going to season it with salt & pepper. I dont know if it was too much of the spicy seasonings - so I am going to go pretty bland today. I REALLY want to eat a piece of toast - but am trying to hold out.

    I got on the scale and lost 3 1/2 lbs since yesterday. NOW I KNOW WHY!!! LOL!

    Good luck today ladies!
    ~Celina
    I'm sorry you've been so sick I hope you start to feel better soon, maybe it's just your body adjusting to the diet changes.

    I wish there was something else we could have today besides soup, beef, & tomatoes, because the thought of having soup for breakfast today is totally repulsing me. One good thing about this diet is that it's starting to make me really hate eating, lol! I really can't wait for my beef tonight!!

    #202 Celina

    Celina
    • Banned
    • 2,811 posts

      Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:02 AM

      OMG Jill - I am feeling you SISTA!!

      I feel like I could drink water all day if I don't have to eat that soup! LOLOL!

      That gag reflex in the back of my throat is working overtime! I know - GROSS!
      "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

      #203 Dez921714

      Dez921714
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,489 posts

        Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:16 AM

        I'm weird...I still don't mind the soup :)

        I know it's a bit late to mention it, but you could space teh beef out....20oz of beef is a lot...maybe have some for breakfast, some for lunch and some for dinner?
        http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

        150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

        #204 *JillD*

        *JillD*
        • Sr. Member
        • 5,112 posts

          Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:21 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Dez921714
          I'm weird...I still don't mind the soup :)

          I know it's a bit late to mention it, but you could space teh beef out....20oz of beef is a lot...maybe have some for breakfast, some for lunch and some for dinner?
          I don't hate the soup, but I am totally craving a bowl of cereal for breakfast, so when I think soup, it just totally takes away my appetite.

          DH just called me, he got out of work early and he said, do you want me to pick up anything for you for lunch? I said no, can't we just have the steak tips for lunch He said okay, so I'll be eating beef in about 2 hours, thank god!!

          then I can just have soup for dinner tonight if I'm hungry.

          #205 FYB87

          FYB87
          • Member
          • 976 posts

            Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:27 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsE
            Okay girls,

            I have been SICKER THAN A DOG since last night! I got home round 2:30pm and ate a bowl of frozen/steamed cauliflower, broccoli and carrots. Around 6:30 I had some grilled asparagus, baked potato and soup. I saved 1/2 of my potato (because it was kind of dry), and put some soup on it - OMG it was DELICIOUS!

            However after I ate, I was so sick and bloated. I felt like I had to vomit. Needless to say I was in the bathroom the rest of the night. I am not sure what it was. My body usually handles the broccoli and cauliflower fine - I don't know but I still feel sick to my stomach. I can still feel it churning. I have been drinking water ever since. I brought my soup and some fruit with me today to work. I am going to season it with salt & pepper. I dont know if it was too much of the spicy seasonings - so I am going to go pretty bland today. I REALLY want to eat a piece of toast - but am trying to hold out.

            I got on the scale and lost 3 1/2 lbs since yesterday. NOW I KNOW WHY!!! LOL!

            Good luck today ladies!
            ~Celina
            I'm so sorry you are feeling bad. If you continue to feel that way I think you should eat a piece of whole wheat toast like Dez921714 suggested. That way it won't be too bad. You don't want to feel bad the entire day.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Dez921714
            We've talked about making similar modifications and staying on it also.


            So, ya know how I said I was bloated last night and today would probably be a bad weigh day...well, I'm up 3 lbs (and I did go to the bathroom)...I'm still down 8 total, but back to that number I can't get below ...damn banana's lol.

            I just spoke to FI who was in such a graet mood. I asked why, he goes "I cheated" I asked if he cheated on the diet or on me LOL He goes on to tell me that he really didn't feel like tomatoes today, so when the guys went to get breakfast he got 2 pieces of fruit. I started laughing, I though he was going to tell me he got a bacon, egg and cheese on a roll...now THAT'S cheating! LOL
            That is hilarious that your FI cheated with fruit. Good for him. He should be very proud of himself regardless!

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Dez921714
            I'm weird...I still don't mind the soup :)

            I know it's a bit late to mention it, but you could space teh beef out....20oz of beef is a lot...maybe have some for breakfast, some for lunch and some for dinner?
            I'm with you on the soup. I don't mind it either. However, last night I put a can of the HOT Rotel tomatoes and one can of regular. OMG...my mouth was burning up. I added an entire bag of frozen spinach to it. So I hope when I eat it today that will help it out. If not I will be dying at work and drinking a ton of water!

            I definitely think you should spread the beef out. There is no way you would digest 20oz of beef you eat at dinner before you go to bed. I can't imagine how one would feel. Uuuggh!

            #206 1elephant

            1elephant
            • VIP Member
            • 15,998 posts

              Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:14 AM

              i'm definitely in for sunday...i'm going to start getting all the stuff i need. i'd start today but i'm having company tomorrow and dh is leaving on sunday for the week which will make it easier for me.

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by FYB87
              I tried two bags of the yogi tea instead of one and nothing at all happened. I think I need to call my doctor and get checked out again. It can't be normal to only go once or twice a week. Especially when I am using every aid available to me and the only result is having gas all day! Which is not fun.

              This morning I realized that I am support to start my cycle either today or tomorrow (not on bc and have to count my days). So that's most likely the reason for me being bloated. Crossing my fingers that when I get on the scale Tuesday it will show a loss.

              i've asked my doctor about this. he said that if that's the way you've always been, then it's ok. i HATE it because after 4 days my belly is hard as a rock and my gas is...well not pleasant....my dr did recommend fiber powder (the odorless, tasteless stuff) in drinks, and told me that there were fiber wafers that tasted just like sugar wafers that could help. i've never followed thru, so i can't really vouch for it. i also noticed that the week before my period, i poop less, and then i make up for it during the few days that i do have my period...don't know if that applies to you as well.

              keep up the great work ladies! you're truly motivating me to begin right now!

              #207 stacey

              stacey

                VIP Member

              • VIP Member
              • 4,853 posts

                Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:29 AM

                Ok the Yogi tea worked!!! I would call it a sudden action. As I got up from my desk to RUN to the bathroom the only thing going through my mind was the conversation of people taking Alli and shitting themselves at work!! But I made it to the bathroom thank god. Thanks for the tip!
                Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

                #208 Dez921714

                Dez921714
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,489 posts

                  Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:36 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by STACEY
                  Ok the Yogi tea worked!!! I would call it a sudden action. As I got up from my desk to RUN to the bathroom the only thing going through my mind was the conversation of people taking Alli and shitting themselves at work!! But I made it to the bathroom thank god. Thanks for the tip!
                  LOL sorry, I'm laughing, but the mental pic of you getting up from yoru desk and being like "Oh SH*T" (literally) made me laugh :) Glad the tea worked
                  http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

                  150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

                  #209 monicabrandon2008

                  monicabrandon2008
                  • Member
                  • 794 posts

                    Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:02 PM

                    Everyone is doing so good!!! I just got back from the gym and I am down 7lbs! I can't believe it, it usually takes me a month to lose that amount.

                    I just caught up on the thread this morning.
                    Celina- I'm so sorry you feel bad hopefully eating the soup bland today will help out.

                    Jill- down 6lbs, thats great!


                    I'm about to make Worcestershire beef patties with garlic and red pepper MMMMMMM
                    tomorrow we will have steak. My stomach is growling!
                    HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
                    http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

                    #210 Sandra E.

                    Sandra E.
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 2,183 posts

                      Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:35 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by monicabrandon2008
                      Everyone is doing so good!!! I just got back from the gym and I am down 7lbs! I can't believe it, it usually takes me a month to lose that amount.

                      I just caught up on the thread this morning.
                      Celina- I'm so sorry you feel bad hopefully eating the soup bland today will help out.

                      Jill- down 6lbs, thats great!


                      I'm about to make Worcestershire beef patties with garlic and red pepper MMMMMMM
                      tomorrow we will have steak. My stomach is growling!
                      Monica, that's awesome! Congrats! Have you noticed the difference in your clothes?




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users