Photo

Sacred Heart Diet Anyone?

• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

#1 Dez921714

Dez921714
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 03:43 PM

Ok, so Erin's tread about not fitting into her dress got me wanting to do this diet. I think FI is going to do it with me and I didn't know if anyone else on here was interested.

They claim it's from the Sacred Heart Memorial Hospital, but when I googled it, it's not.

It's very simiarl to the cabage diet that was popular in the 80's.

Ok, here it is...let me know if you're interested...we plan to start Monday.

Sacred Heart Diet
    http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#2 MelanieS

MelanieS
    • 820 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 03:51 PM

My husband and I did the diet in the 80's - I think it was called the Dolly Parton diet. Anyway, we would lose quite a bit of weight on it, but did get tired of the cabbage soup. It's alot more fun to do with your partner. Good luck!

#3 JennyK

JennyK
      • 3,502 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 03:55 PM

I'm in! I just printed it up the other day but haven't been to the store to get the ingredients and such. I'll start Monday with you!

#4 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
        • Banned
        • 1,051 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 03:57 PM

It definetely works that's for sure! And you can eat all the soup you want!!! FI were planning on making a big batch this evening! Count me in

#5 Dez921714

Dez921714
          • 1,489 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:00 PM

YAY!

I actually made the soup earlier...it takes about an hour or so. I had a bowl and FI is like "I thought we aren't starting till Monday". I looked at him and was like "Hun, it's just vegetable soup, I'm not following it, it smelled good" LOL

I'm going to make another pot of it this weekend. I know with both of us eating it, it'll go fast :)
            http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

#6 JennyK

JennyK
            • 3,502 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:12 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Dez921714
              YAY!

I actually made the soup earlier...it takes about an hour or so. I had a bowl and FI is like "I thought we aren't starting till Monday". I looked at him and was like "Hun, it's just vegetable soup, I'm not following it, it smelled good" LOL

I'm going to make another pot of it this weekend. I know with both of us eating it, it'll go fast :)
              so its tasty?

#7 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
              • 794 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:15 PM

Count me and my FI in! We leave in 12 days and wanted to do this right before we left. So perfect timing!
                HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
                http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

#8 MoonPalacePookie

MoonPalacePookie
                • 279 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:17 PM

I think I'm going to try it this weekend, no promises but the soup sounds great and I love soup. No way I can get FI to join, he is so picky about his food and eating the same thing over and over would not work for him.
                  Robert & Eugenia

July 23, 2008

#9 lucy106

lucy106
                  • 2,880 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:17 PM

Oh I cant wait to hear how this works for you all! I am going to do it at some point but Monday isnt going to work. Good luck ladies!

#10 Dez921714

Dez921714
                    • 1,489 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:18 PM

Yeah, it was pretty good (if you like vegetable soup lol). I added some garlic powder and 2 more bullion cubes and I used the whole bunch of scallions (green onions) instad of the three they tell you to.

You're going to need a BIG pot to make it. I tried to do it in my sauce/macaroni pot (I usually use this pot to make a big batch of Chili), but ran out of room before I added the carrots, so I used an old pot my grandfather used to use...I had pleanty of room in that one...so start with the biggest pot you have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users