Sign in to follow this  
Dez921714

Sacred Heart Diet Anyone?

Ok, so Erin's tread about not fitting into her dress got me wanting to do this diet. I think FI is going to do it with me and I didn't know if anyone else on here was interested.

They claim it's from the Sacred Heart Memorial Hospital, but when I googled it, it's not.

It's very simiarl to the cabage diet that was popular in the 80's.

Ok, here it is...let me know if you're interested...we plan to start Monday.

Sacred Heart Diet

My husband and I did the diet in the 80's - I think it was called the Dolly Parton diet. Anyway, we would lose quite a bit of weight on it, but did get tired of the cabbage soup. It's alot more fun to do with your partner. Good luck!

I'm in! I just printed it up the other day but haven't been to the store to get the ingredients and such. I'll start Monday with you!

YAY!

I actually made the soup earlier...it takes about an hour or so. I had a bowl and FI is like "I thought we aren't starting till Monday". I looked at him and was like "Hun, it's just vegetable soup, I'm not following it, it smelled good" LOL

I'm going to make another pot of it this weekend. I know with both of us eating it, it'll go fast :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez921714 View Post
YAY!

I actually made the soup earlier...it takes about an hour or so. I had a bowl and FI is like "I thought we aren't starting till Monday". I looked at him and was like "Hun, it's just vegetable soup, I'm not following it, it smelled good" LOL

I'm going to make another pot of it this weekend. I know with both of us eating it, it'll go fast :)
so its tasty?

I think I'm going to try it this weekend, no promises but the soup sounds great and I love soup. No way I can get FI to join, he is so picky about his food and eating the same thing over and over would not work for him.

Yeah, it was pretty good (if you like vegetable soup lol). I added some garlic powder and 2 more bullion cubes and I used the whole bunch of scallions (green onions) instad of the three they tell you to.

You're going to need a BIG pot to make it. I tried to do it in my sauce/macaroni pot (I usually use this pot to make a big batch of Chili), but ran out of room before I added the carrots, so I used an old pot my grandfather used to use...I had pleanty of room in that one...so start with the biggest pot you have.