Sign in to follow this  
Nrvsbride

Help me find this setting

So I need to buy a wedding band. The problem is that my engagment ring is one of those weird shape rings, which means that my band would have to be curved. Which I absolutely do not like. (Sorry to anyone who has one of these, I just personally don't like them). My engagement ring has a band that looks like it is two bands meshed into one.

So in order to solve the problem I want to get a new setting and find a wedding band. I want to keep my main stone which is a princess cut diamond. I know what I want but I can't seem to find it. The problem is that I keep trying to to the diamond district and everytime I go something happens (i.e. there was a fire last time, the streets were blocked off b/c of construction...i tried to go today but its a Jewish holiday and there were closed rant.gif)

So I was thinking of just ordering it online and saving myself some aggravation. Or I could get it from one of those main chain stores if I could find it. This is what I'm looking for:

Click the image to open in full size.

I want something similar to this with the micro pave diamond band and then the diamonds going all around the main stone. The problem is that I keep finding ones like this pic where the diamonds going around look very defined and seperated. I want one where the diamonds look almost crushed and all you see is sparkle, sparkle, sparkle. LOL. Does that make sense to anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy&andy08 View Post
Products

Products
Band like this?
Well yes and no. LOL. I find ones like the one you posted but while the style is what I'm looking for, I want one where the diamonds don't look distinctly seperated. Like in the settings you posted you can see the little diamonds cut into little circles. KWIM? I want one where it almost looks like someone dipped the ring in silver glitter and the diamonds looked smooshed together. Oh lordy I am not making sense. I'm trying to find pics right now.

Glenda, your ring is absolutely gorgeous. I don't think I have ever seen it before!!

My ring is is like that too (where a band won't sit flat) and I don't like the curved ring either, but I couldn't find anything else that fit.

I'm picturing it but I don't know what it's called...off to google

"smushed diamond sparkle sparkle"

is it called diamond dust? i didn't find what I was picturing by googling that though.

This isn't the greatest pic but:

Click the image to open in full size.

Its moreso that I don't want the ring to look antiquey. I just want it to look sparkly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Good afternoon, I wanted to inquire if anyone has or knows someone who got married at this resort. How was it? How are the coordinators? Packages that were chosen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks.
    • Hi all! I know this is an old thread... but just in case there are other destination wedding brides out there with the same question, I thought I would answer! My guy and I live in Texas and just got our marriage license (yay!). We are getting married in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. The Dallas County clerk informed us that we can get our marriage license in Texas, bring it and a Texas-registered officiant to Mexico, have the ceremony in Mexico, then bring the marriage license back to Texas to file and it will be LEGAL in the US.  In  other words, we can legally get married in Mexico using our Texas marriage license and officiant (who is a family friend), then file the paperwork when we get home. Where it says 'county in which ceremony was performed' on the license, we just put in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and bam! Married :) I do not know if this is true for other states, but it is CONFIRMED for Texas! I suggest asking the clerk when you register for your marriage license. I am overjoyed that we can have a US-legal marriage in Mexico so our wedding date on our license will be the actual day! NO blood tests, or getting married before or after the trip required!  
    • Every Bride spends a lot of time researching and worrying about her perfect wedding dress. While many Indian brides choose the traditional red colour for their bridal gown, a few of them find some different colours to wear on their special day. Here is a description of how to choose an Indian wedding dress that suits your skin tone. 1) Fair complexion: You can choose any shade of blue or bright shades of pink and red. In the shades of blue- select scuba blue or royal blue. Among other colours this season, you can pick up your dress in tangerine.   2) Wheatish complexion Just select those colours which bring out the warmth in your complexion. Some of the best options for you are tangy orange, saffron yellow, vibrant shades of red, mint green and hot pink.   3) Dusky complexion: If you have an olive skin tone, then you can pull off any rich and dark colour quite well. So, the colours like classic blue, marsala, burnt orange and brick red are just perfect for you. Also the metallic silver, gold and bronze will even flatter your face pretty well
    • I will be using the hPage Website Builder to create a free website for our wedding. I am planning to post wedding updates, wedding photos, wedding reminders, and wedding articles regarding our upcoming marriage there. For RSVP, I am using Facebook events since almost all we invited have facebook and it would be easier to get their "yes" or "no" confirmation there. In case anyone is interested as well here's their site: hPage Website Builder - https://www.hpage.com
    • Minimalist wedding bands look so classy and timeless regardless of the venue.
  • Topics