Photo

Help me find this setting

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:05 PM

So I need to buy a wedding band. The problem is that my engagment ring is one of those weird shape rings, which means that my band would have to be curved. Which I absolutely do not like. (Sorry to anyone who has one of these, I just personally don't like them). My engagement ring has a band that looks like it is two bands meshed into one.

So in order to solve the problem I want to get a new setting and find a wedding band. I want to keep my main stone which is a princess cut diamond. I know what I want but I can't seem to find it. The problem is that I keep trying to to the diamond district and everytime I go something happens (i.e. there was a fire last time, the streets were blocked off b/c of construction...i tried to go today but its a Jewish holiday and there were closed )

So I was thinking of just ordering it online and saving myself some aggravation. Or I could get it from one of those main chain stores if I could find it. This is what I'm looking for:

Click the image to open in full size.

I want something similar to this with the micro pave diamond band and then the diamonds going all around the main stone. The problem is that I keep finding ones like this pic where the diamonds going around look very defined and seperated. I want one where the diamonds look almost crushed and all you see is sparkle, sparkle, sparkle. LOL. Does that make sense to anyone?

#2 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
    • VIP Member
    • 3,405 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:11 PM

Products

Products
      Band like this?

#3 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
      • 5,248 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:14 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by amy&andy08
        Products

Products
        Band like this?
        Well yes and no. LOL. I find ones like the one you posted but while the style is what I'm looking for, I want one where the diamonds don't look distinctly seperated. Like in the settings you posted you can see the little diamonds cut into little circles. KWIM? I want one where it almost looks like someone dipped the ring in silver glitter and the diamonds looked smooshed together. Oh lordy I am not making sense. I'm trying to find pics right now.

#4 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
        • VIP Member
        • 3,405 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:15 PM

Products
          Products

#5 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:16 PM

Glenda, your ring is absolutely gorgeous. I don't think I have ever seen it before!!

My ring is is like that too (where a band won't sit flat) and I don't like the curved ring either, but I couldn't find anything else that fit.

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:17 PM

I'm picturing it but I don't know what it's called...off to google
              "smushed diamond sparkle sparkle"

#7 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
              • VIP Member
              • 3,405 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:17 PM

Products
                Like this setting but princess?

#8 alex

alex
                • 1,139 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:19 PM

Googling my little heart out...

#9 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:19 PM

is it called diamond dust? i didn't find what I was picturing by googling that though.

#10 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                    • 5,248 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:20 PM

This isn't the greatest pic but:

Click the image to open in full size.

Its moreso that I don't want the ring to look antiquey. I just want it to look sparkly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users