stupid spammer in my hotmail account

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 boscobel

• VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 01:48 PM

My hotmail account has been corrupted. I don't know the right word, but it's pissing me off. Spam emails are being sent to my address book from it and then over the weekend someone went in and deleted my entire inbox! I had all kinds of emails in there that I wanted to keep! This is the email that I created just for wedding stuff, so it's driving me crazy! I changed my password and sent an email to hotmail help, so I hope it gets corrected. Damn spammers.

#2 Melissa G

Melissa G
    • 105 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 01:57 PM

That really stinks. A couple of months ago someone hacked into my hotmail account and took it over so I could not get into it. They were sending crazy emails about ebay! Luckily the hotmail fraud people got me back into the account. I know it is really awful when that happens!

I hope that you get it worked out.

#3 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:04 PM

oh no car! that sucks SO bad!

best wishes for a speedy hotmail recovery :)

#4 A10CalGal

• VIP Member
      • 11,403 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:05 PM

OMG, that is so frustrating. I don't know if it's the same thing, but I had someone hack my yahoo mail & posted a bunch of craigslist ads using my address. I received a lot of interesting things/pics that I was shocked to see in my inbox for a while. I changed my password & it stopped. BOO on these evil peeps!

#5 Jessica

• VIP Member
        • 11,939 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:23 PM

If someone deleted your entire inbox it's more likey a hacker/virus than just a spammer.

Hope you get it straightened out!!! Did you run virus scan on your comp?

#6 Christine

• VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:30 PM

wow that is pretty serious, I agree with Jessica run a virus scan, I bet you got some sort of virus.
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#7 boscobel

• VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:32 PM

I did run a virus check on my work computer and I found something and already had it quarantined and deleted. Now I will have to check my home computer also, since I don't really know when it happened...

#8 Jenn3878

• 5,681 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:31 PM

OMG Carly! Sorry to hear about this! Some people have nothing better to do!

#9 Yvette

• 510 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:34 PM

that sucks! don't people have anything better to do than to hack into accounts all day.

#10 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:45 PM

I had this happen to my email in college. it was during such a stressful time too. I learned that there are programs that will try every word in the dictionary to log in. I didnt have any numbers in my password. I thought it was fine because the word I picked was so random, not like my pets name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users