Sign in to follow this  
Jessalyn

Veils....Did you/will you wear one? Have pic?

I'm going to wear a veil, mine is about "butt length" but now that I see the longer ones, I wish I would have gone that way... I think the the veil just makes me feel so much more like a bride.

I can't wait to see what you decide Jessalyn....

Can I bump this thread? I had purchased a veil and ordered it standard cut. When it arrived it definitely was not the style I thought it would be. Does anyone have any pictures of long veils waltz length? I want to order another veil but I don't want to screw up again. I'm hoping to find a pic to send this time. I'm not sure if the style I'm thinking of is called "cascading sides."

one caution with long veils, I had a cathedral length veil or something that was super long anyway, and my dad stepped on it. But no matter what I loved it and felt so bridal with it on. I kept it even though there is a huge hole in it. I am hoping that Ainsleigh will wear it one day (I will get it fixed for her)

I just got mine in about a week ago. Its 180 inch drop veil with a cut edge. Its very simple but the length makes it amazing :) If I can find lace that matches my dress I'll try to adding it to make it a Mantilla w/lace trim.

Sorry no camera = no pics sad.gif

I wasn't originally going to do a veil, but I think I want one now. I've been seeing beautiful birdcage veils (without the crazy looking caps!) that I think would work great with my dress. I would wear it with flowers in my hair.

Here's a couple of pictures.

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrieBride08 View Post
I wasn't originally going to do a veil, but I think I want one now. I've been seeing beautiful birdcage veils (without the crazy looking caps!) that I think would work great with my dress. I would wear it with flowers in my hair
Oh I LOVE this look!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyh View Post
Oh I LOVE this look!!!
I've seen it pinned to the side of the hair, near where you would wear the hair flower and I think it looks so flattering. I'll have to upload some magazine pics I've seen that helped turn me on to this look.