Photo

Veils....Did you/will you wear one? Have pic?

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:42 PM

I'm trying to decide if I want to wear a veil. Are you going to wear one/Did you wear one?

Have any pics to post??

Thanks.
    My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
    Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#2 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
    • VIP Member
    • 11,403 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:45 PM

Jessalyn,

I have decided against wearing a veil. Instead, I will be wearing flowers in my hair. I tried a few veils on and I just really felt like they took away from my dress. So, I plan to wear a silk ivory rose or two in my hair - it will echo the roses sewn onto my dress.

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:47 PM

i wore a really simple one and loved taking pics with them...also, how often do you get to wear a veil!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:47 PM

I agree with Christa, for me a veil took away from my dress..

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:49 PM

I haven't decided yet. But regardless, I plan on wearing flowers in my hair because even if I do wear a veil, I will take it off after the ceremony. You can do both! I am just afraid I won't feel like a bride if I don't wear a veil!

#6 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
          • 1,430 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:55 PM

right now I have my mind set on not wearing a veil but we will see after i find a dress! I just want to wear flowers in my hair!

#7 EDYTA

EDYTA
            • 1,277 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:55 PM

I am wearing one, it's very simple, long and has no detailing on it..I will post a pic today as I am going for my 2nd dress fitting today

Jessalyn I think a veil would look beautiful with your dress maybe smething along the lines as I'm getting...I agree with Tammy that it will be fun to take pics with one on

atleast wear one for the ceremony and take it off for the reption and put flowers in ur hair that way u get the best of both worlds

#8 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
              • 1,876 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:57 PM

It's so hard to decide....I want to wear it all a veil, a tiarra and flowers in my hair.....think that would be too much stuff going on? LOL

Seriously, I want to wear flowers too. I like your idea Ann ...Thanks.
                My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
                Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#9 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
                • 1,876 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:58 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by EDYTA
                  I am wearing one, it's very simple, long and has no detailing on it..I will post a pic today as I am going for my 2nd dress fitting today

Jessalyn I think a veil would look beautiful with your dress maybe smething along the lines as I'm getting...I agree with Tammy that it will be fun to take pics with one on

atleast wear one for the ceremony and take it off for the reption and put flowers in ur hair that way u get the best of both worlds
                  I'm looking forward to seeing your picture!! I need some ideas. Thanks.
                  My new man....Donovan

#10 JulieG

JulieG
                  • VIP Member
                  • 8,323 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:01 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by CABOBRIDE200
                    It's so hard to decide....I want to wear it all a veil, a tiarra and flowers in my hair.....think that would be too much stuff going on? LOL

Seriously, I want to wear flowers too. I like your idea Ann ...Thanks.
                    I am going to wear a veil and a head piece and am thinking about flowers. I don't think its too much if they are all simple. My head piece and veil are very simple. I don't have pics, it was my sister's veil and my best friends head piece. So, I would do a simple flower or 2, nothing big or overwhelming. I think you can have it all if you want it all. Its up to you to decide. I don't think I would feel like a bride without one and its the only time I can wear one, so I don't want to miss out on that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users