Post pics of your Wedding Cake!

OOOOO I would love to see some!!!! I may recruit you to do some for me (I would obviously pay you!!!)  Where in Nova Scotia are you?  We left halifax in October (can't believe it has almost been a year) but my best friend is there, I could always get her to pick them up from you to transport for me!!!!

Originally Posted by capecodder View Post

Thanks for the great ideas girls!! 

Since I make wedding cakes, it has been very hard for me to give this portion up.  Yes, I am little bit of a control freak! lol!!  After seeing all of your great pictures, I decided to make my own gumpaste flowers to put on a simple but elegant, hopefully, white cake.

I'll post some pictures once I get some done,

Pretty Cake!

Originally Posted by SusanK View Post

Here's our cake. I really could have cared less about the cake. I just wanted something to do the traditional cake-cutting. It was a basic vanilla cake provided by the resort, and our florist added a few orchids.
Click the image to open in full size.

Pretty!

Originally Posted by melglnh2o View Post

We didn't want a cake and didn't think we were having a cake but our parents surprised us with it. I didn't even see it until we were doing our first dance. It was a nice surprise!! The cake, which was tres leches flavored, was actually from Costco. It tasted fantastic!!

Beautiful cake!

Originally Posted by IslamoradaBride View Post

We will have something similar, just with different flowers. Also we may have some tonal dots on the layers.

Mmmm, cake!smile159.gif

Wow!  Beautiful!

Originally Posted by akittrell View Post

Here's a picture of what my cake will look like for the AHR, except I'm going to use a yellow ribbon, with red amaryllis and orange calla lilies for my flowers.