Photo

Looking for help

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 kauaibride07

kauaibride07
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:04 AM

We are getting married on Kauai in Nov 2007. We are looking for a wedding planner to help us plan our wedding. We are going to have about 40-50 guests and we are trying to figure out where to stay...north, south or east? Any advice on anything?!?!?

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:24 AM

Welcome! I am sorry I can't help w/the wedding planning, but I am interested to hear what you find out since I will be honeymooning in Hawaii -and we're not sure yet where we're going.

Also, I see you're from MN - I am born and raised in the northwestern 'burbs on Minneapolis - where are you from? I live in Chicago now, for the past 1.5 years, but FI and I are moving back to Minneapolis in April.

#3 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
      • 1,876 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:54 AM

Welcome!

I'm sorry I'm not much help with regard to Kaui either. I've only been to Hawaii once, and I was on the big island.

Be sure to share your research as you get deeper into your planning.
        My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
        Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#4 jillhiggins

jillhiggins
        • Banned
        • 386 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:42 AM

Hey,

I've never been to Hawaii, but I have a few friends who have lived there. I'll check with them and see what they say this afternoon if someone hasn't already answered your post.

:)

#5 EDYTA

EDYTA
          • 1,277 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:10 AM

try buying the magazine destination weddings and honeymoons, they have tons of info on hawaii and wedding planners, florists and photographers

here is a photographer in the Maui region
            Maui Wedding Photographer - Tad Craig Photography

here are more sites that might be helpful
            Smith's Tropical Paradise, Garden Luau, Weddings and Fern Grotto Tours
            Maui Wedding Reception ideas * White Orchid Weddings - Wedding Receptions in Maui Hawaii near Kihei, Wailea, Kapalua, Napili maui

#6 Christine

Christine
            • VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
            • Wedding Location:Napa, California
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:52 AM

I have a book at home, when I get off work this afternoon I will look at it and see what I can find.
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#7 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
            • 631 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 12:48 PM

checkout Hawaii's Official Tourism Site -- Travel info for your Hawaii vacation

that is how i started my search for WC

#8 Jackie

Jackie
              • 2,290 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:09 PM

Welcome to the forum. I'm no help with the Hawaii aspect but hopefully Edyta, Christine and Sherri have sent you in the right direction. :)
                My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
                http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#9 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
                • 1,430 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:40 PM

Hello I'm not going to be that much help but I did go there this past summer and stayed there for 2 weeks! I would say either go all the way North to the Princeville resort area!! It is beautiful there. Also the south, where I stayed on Poipu was gorgeous!! Those 2 places have all the sun. We would be traveling around and it would be raining in parts but those 2 places always had sun. The island is so pretty because it is so lush and tropical! You will love it there! My FI and his mom have a time share there! I can't wait to go back. Can't wait to hear more on your planning!

#10 BayBug

BayBug
                  • 852 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:54 PM

Welcome to the forum. I think there are a couple of Hawaii brides here. I have never been to Kauai so I can not help you, but you will find help here somewhere.
                    Angie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users