Photo

Canon Powershot - which model to buy?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:55 PM

We desperately need a new camera - ours sucks - I was just looking at old threads on here and online and I am a little bit camera illiterate.

I don't want to spend more than $500 - which Canon Powershot is the best in that price range.

Point and Shoot, as pocket sized as possible??

Thanks! :)

#2 Dez921714

Dez921714
    • 1,489 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:57 PM

I have the SD750 and absolutly LOVE it!!!! It's a decent size and I keep it in my bag almost all the time :)
      http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#3 Dez921714

Dez921714
      • 1,489 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:58 PM

Decent size meaning not very big...
        http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#4 JessicaM

JessicaM
        • Vendor
        • 1,969 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:22 PM

I just bought the Powershot SD870 IS and its FABULOUS!! It has a ton of different feature..beach setting, night setting, indoor, color switching. etc. I paid $399 at Best buy for it and its so nice!!

#5 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:45 PM

There was an amazing deal on the SD 870IS yesterday...brb to see if it's still available

I'd suggest an SD in the 700 or 800s.

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:49 PM

Digital Camera Canon SD870 IS $239.99 Free Shipping - SlickDeals.net Forums

newegg is a great company. It's $239 with the coupon code + free shipping & no tax.

The SD line are really small & great cameras. The 870IS would be one of the best in the line. I have the SD630 (older model) & it's great.

#7 Lorilou

Lorilou
              • 533 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:09 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by JessicaM
                I just bought the Powershot SD870 IS and its FABULOUS!! It has a ton of different feature..beach setting, night setting, indoor, color switching. etc. I paid $399 at Best buy for it and its so nice!!
                I second that! I have it and it's awesome! takes fabulous pics!

#8 NHPT

NHPT
                • 3,848 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:39 AM

i have the cannon powershot sd1000 with 7.1 megapixels and i LOVE it! we got it this x-mas to have once avery got here and it has been perfect. i am in no way a professional photog but it does everything i could possible want and it was pretty cheap- i think like $150 or something
                  Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#9 lscilley

lscilley
                  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:51 AM

We just bought the PowerShot SX100 IS and it is amazing the best Canon we have ever had. It has 10x Optical zoom and wow it is great! It is a little bigger than pocket sized but for the quality of picture you get we sucked it up.

#10 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
                    • 419 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:59 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Lorilou
                      I second that! I have it and it's awesome! takes fabulous pics!
                      OK so am I doing something wrong? I just got this camera as a prewedding gift and I am not all that happy with it. I don't think the pictures are all that clear. The options are awsome and I love the size! I still havn't figured out how to do the color swap though. I guess I need to break down and read the book..lol
                      My friend that went to Jamaica with us took her Kodak. Her pictures are sooo much clearer. I have actually replaced some of her pics with some of mine.
                      The problem might have been the camera though. The day after we got home from Jamaica the camera quit working. My SIL (the one who bought it) just happened to be at the house when it did and she took it back to Best Buy. I have not gotten any of the pics off the replaced camera developed yet so maybe there was a problem with it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users