Photo

what about this photographer

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 *JillD*

*JillD*
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:14 PM

So as all of you probably know by now I have a very small photography budget, so I've been trying really hard to find someone I can afford that still takes some nice shots. So I contacted Claudia Rodriguez and she wasn't available for my date but her team members were, I looked through her team members work and liked Citlalli Rico. Here is a link to her gallery, please tell me what you think honestly. And remember I am on a budget, so these won't be the same as some of the pics we've grown accustomed to!

Claudia Rodriguez, Photographer, Cancun & Riviera Maya

#2 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
    • 554 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:18 PM

I really like her photos. I think she has a great style. Fun, yet elegant

Were her rates affordable? and what resort are you getting married at?

#3 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:18 PM

well the groom with the tongue in the ear was icky, and the one with the mom's in the ocean was super cute-but I really like the varieties of the pics. The one from way above the wedding location is amazing. I say go for it!!
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 RAENJAY

RAENJAY
      • 550 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 23, 2007
      • Wedding Location:RIU Cabo
      • LocationCharlotte

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:20 PM

I think those look wonderful. I love all the interesting angles.... I think that ultimately, the photos need to reflect your style and personalities.
      Stephanie & Jason ~ RIU Palace ~ Cabo San Lucas
      June 23, 2007
      Visit our wedding slideshow Stephanie & Jason
      Photography by Jose "Pepe" Lima

#5 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,680 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
      • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
      • LocationUtah

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:21 PM

I'm like you Jilly.... I'm a bride on a budget. I want nice photos but I don't think I want to spend 50% of my budget on them. or maybe I should. i don't know.... I haven't even looked yet to be honest :P

But I looked at the (Citelli) site and I liked what I saw. I couldn't find where all the pricing was though. have you contacted them yet to find out what the packages are like?

Oh and by the way i liked that dude' galley more than the others including Claudia. It seems he really catches the "moment".

#6 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:33 PM

honestly, i really like her stuff - i say go for it!

#7 *JillD*

*JillD*
        • 5,112 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:37 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by MrsV-to-be
          I really like her photos. I think she has a great style. Fun, yet elegant

Were her rates affordable? and what resort are you getting married at?
          Yes, I thought the rates were very reasonable and the deposit was reasonable.

Oh, yes, I'm getting married at Dreams Cancun

If you want I can pm you the pricing

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Soon to be Mrs. Hull
          well the groom with the tongue in the ear was icky, and the one with the mom's in the ocean was super cute-but I really like the varieties of the pics. The one from way above the wedding location is amazing. I say go for it!!
          Thanks Christine! The one from above the location is the gazebo at dreams cancun where I'm getting married!

Quote:
          Originally Posted by RAENJAY
          I think those look wonderful. I love all the interesting angles.... I think that ultimately, the photos need to reflect your style and personalities.
          Thank you! I just really want to have some nice pics, and I liked how they had packages that were just for a few hours. We are only having about 25 ppl, so to have someone for 6 hours, I think we would have an obscene amount of pics of all the same people and it would just be a waste. I think there packages give the perfect amount of time and pictures for what we are looking for.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by mgreen
          I'm like you Jilly.... I'm a bride on a budget. I want nice photos but I don't think I want to spend 50% of my budget on them. or maybe I should. i don't know.... I haven't even looked yet to be honest :P

But I looked at the (Citelli) site and I liked what I saw. I couldn't find where all the pricing was though. have you contacted them yet to find out what the packages are like?

Oh and by the way i liked that dude' galley more than the others including Claudia. It seems he really catches the "moment".

Its so hard to pick a photographer, I see everyones phenomenal pictures and I am so scared that I'm not going to like mine, but we're going to have a hard enough time paying for the rest of our wedding, so I have to keep the cost of the photographer down.

I can pm you their package info if you want, let me know

#8 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:39 PM

Thanks Ann! I think I'm going to book her and the deposit is small so that helps too!

Quote:
            Originally Posted by akh
            honestly, i really like her stuff - i say go for it!

#9 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:49 PM

i think the pics look great. if it is within your budget you should do it.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#10 *JillD*

*JillD*
            • 5,112 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:51 PM

Thanks Tammy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users