Electronics stolen at Sandals-St. Lucia

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 deleishus

• 43 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:23 AM

I have a friend who attended a wedding at the Sandals resort in St. Lucia last weekend. He told me that everyone of the guests who attended the wedding had their cellphones, laptops, ipods, cameras, any electronic device stolen while staying at the resort. My friends blackberry and ipod where stolen out of the room the WC told them to put their things in during the wedding. Other guests had things taken from their rooms. The good thing, I guess, is nobody had wallets or purses stolen.

#2 JennyK

• 3,502 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:20 AM

Did they have a safe with a lock & key?

#3 LisaG

• VIP Member
      • 7,839 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:29 AM

That sucks!!!

#4 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:30 AM

this looks like a trend. staff know when guests are at a wedding so it's easy to rob them.

#5 Mrs.R2be

• 264 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:59 AM

That kinda sucks
            ~Mrs.R ~

#6 Celina

• Banned
            • 2,811 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:26 AM

OMG - that is terrible! Why did they put all their stuff in one room?
              "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#7 JenniferSS

• Banned
              • 1,047 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:30 PM

Which Sandals in St. Lucia did this happen at- there are 3 of them.

Sounds weird that they wouldn't have their cameras with them during the wedding ceremony and the other stuff locked up in a safe- why tempt fate? I never leave the room without locking up the valuables no matter where I am staying!

#8 deleishus

• 43 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:10 PM

I am not sure which Sandals resort they where stying at. The whole bridal party had put there things in the room that the WC had told them to put their stuff in. All the rooms do have safes and I don't know why they didn't lock that stuff up. My friends camera got stolen because he lost his safe key while kiaking so they had to drill out his safe so he didn't have any where to lock stuff up. Another guests camera was stolen when she went to the hotel bar and the bartender told her she could leave it behind the bar with him. And when she went back it was gone. And the bartender had no clue. So just be careful where ever you stay.

#9 JenniferSS

• Banned
                  • 1,047 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:35 AM

Wow - that's just wild! It was a series of events not just while they were at the wedding then! Still not quite getting why someone would bring an Ipod to a wedding and the rest would not have their cameras with them (other than the ones that were gone already) during wedding festivities. Of course I am a camera junkie and take pictures all of the time at weddings and while I travel!

Sounds like they were probably at Sandals Halcyon-with the older key safes although I know that these are getting upgraded to electronic safes.

Just an FYI for anyone else- if your safe is being worked on or your valuables can't fit in the in room safe- most properties have a safe behind the front desk. Request a receipt of items that you place in the safe.

#10 WifeToBe

• 59 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:07 PM

I'll be married at the Grande in August and honestly through all of the research I've done for many months, I've never heard of something like that happening.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users