Photo

My car was broken into last night :(

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 lovefreddy

lovefreddy
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:15 AM

So, I was having a GREAT DAY, I had gone into Philly to have my hair cut and colored for the weding (in 2 weeks!!), and go do some last minute shopping with my cousin. We had dinner and then back to the car...my window had been smashed in and my GPS was stolen.
    I am VERY fortunate that I have a company car and the cost will be taken care of, but it is just so creepy that someone was sitting in my car going through my things you know?? The garage I was parked in wouldn't even reimburse me the 20.00 I had just paid to exit either...so word to the wise, if you have a GPS up in your car window, take it off when you're parked somewhere, I learned my lesson the wrong way!
    *REMOVED DUE TO EXCESSIVE SIZE*

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:39 AM

Uggghhh that sucks - what part of the city where you in? this happened in a garage? that is crazy!

#3 1elephant

1elephant
      • VIP Member
      • 15,998 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:40 AM

yuck - but at least you're safe....

#4 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:55 AM

i've been told that if you have a gps you can't leave any traces of it visible. my friend takes off even the thing that holds it in place. if people can see that they will break in & check the glove box.

my car was broken in to a couple months ago & it was really creepy. they took everything out of the glove box & console & threw it all over. i didn't put anything back for about a week for some reason. I was just driving around with no radio & my papers on my passenger seat.

#5 lovefreddy

lovefreddy
          • 148 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:03 AM

Yea and I was even in a safe part of the city! (15th and sansom for you philly folks). They actually broke into 3 cars, all for GPS, I forgot to mention that part!
            *REMOVED DUE TO EXCESSIVE SIZE*

#6 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
            • 1,830 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:08 AM

oh no, that suks!!! my car was broken into last year and all they took was some change...but they left a huge mess in the car. It is creepy to think some stranger was in there!! Glad you are safe and that it was a company car!

#7 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
              • 1,798 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:40 AM

Sorry to hear that! I know that gross feeling of being violated. I had my purse stolen from my locker at work and my house keys were in there so I couldn't sleep until the locks were changed.

#8 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
                • 1,881 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:46 PM

ugh - so sorry to hear that we don;t have a GPS, but I am bad about leaving stuff out in the open in the car!
                  http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                  February 14, 2009

#9 alex

alex
                  • 1,139 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:49 PM

Yikes, sorry to hear that! Hard to believe that someone would smash a window for a GPS.. but it happens all the time. At least you're okay & the company is covering the car.

#10 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
                    • 888 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 01:47 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Morgan
                      i've been told that if you have a gps you can't leave any traces of it visible. my friend takes off even the thing that holds it in place. if people can see that they will break in & check the glove box.
                      That's totally true, and I've even heard of breakins because the "bad guys" spotted the ring that the holder sometimes leaves on your windshield.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. It makes me sad and angry that people would violate your personal space to take things they didn't work to pay for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users