• Please log in to reply
4889 replies to this topic

#701 CaraW

CaraW
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:22 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bride2010
    Gasp! Now I'm worried. Seems everytime they update something for 2010, I end up disappointed. First, the price jump on the Mariachi band and the wedding arch, then taking out the Mariachi band as an option for the ceremony, and now this. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping they don't change much, or at least change for the better.
    I totally agree. I was SO bummed about the mariachi band, and irritated about the photographer policy. What's next!??! *Fingers crossed*

#702 Boudou33

Boudou33
    • 35 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:53 PM

The photographer policy is that we have to pay for a night at the hotel right?
      Yes this is bad. I would not mind using their photographers if they<re good...but it<s not the case.

We will be 20 persons at their resort for a week so I dont think it s faire to pay an extra for the photographer! This is the only thing I m not happy about....

#703 joie1987

joie1987
      • 30 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:21 PM

Hello ladies!!!
        Does anyone happen to know if there is a video projector type thingy to use to show a picture slideshow/dvd at the reception??

:)

#704 CaraW

CaraW
        • 346 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:28 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Boudou33
          The photographer policy is that we have to pay for a night at the hotel right?
          Yes this is bad. I would not mind using their photographers if they<re good...but it<s not the case.

We will be 20 persons at their resort for a week so I dont think it s faire to pay an extra for the photographer! This is the only thing I m not happy about....
          Their photographer policy changed to they are not allowing any outside photographers anymore unless you had previously booked one before July 7th of this year I believe it was. I got an email from Gabriela and confirmed with her that we had already booked our photographer. But I'm not sure how strict they are on this, I've heard of people getting around this by having their photographer stay a night at the resort and then they are considered a guest and can get around the policy that way. I think that's so unfair though for them to force us to choose the resort photographer, it's one of the most important decisions of the wedding in my opinion!!

#705 Boudou33

Boudou33
          • 35 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:13 AM

CaraW you are absolutly right. I want my pictures to be fantastic. Their photographer is not good really good (at my taste).

Joie1997, yes you can rent a projector from the resort. I think it<s around 100$. We want one too.

#706 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
            • 546 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:26 AM

I got an email stating that since my photographer was one of my guests staying at the resort, I could use him at no extra cost. I will be printing off that email and bringing it with me for sure.

#707 Boudou33

Boudou33
              • 35 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:45 PM

Ok but your photographr is one of your friends staying with you at the resort for the wek or it s a local vendor and you are paying for a room for 1 night??

#708 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
                • 546 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:50 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Boudou33
                  Ok but your photographr is one of your friends staying with you at the resort for the wek or it s a local vendor and you are paying for a room for 1 night??
                  Not a local vendor. He is a photog from my area and coming down to the wedding.

#709 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
                  • 546 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:51 PM

I posted five pictures of things claudia emailed me, and now they are gone. I'm not going to take the time to post them again if they were removed. Sorry ladies.

#710 joie1987

joie1987
                    • 30 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:20 PM

THanks Boudou!!! man, ANOTHER $100...i wasn't expecting that! hmm I really wanted to use that...but everything adds up so I don't know, may have to skip that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users