Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4889 replies to this topic

#1951 mexico_2011

mexico_2011
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:45 AM

Ok so it's sounding like I will have to pay for the 2 nights to have an outside photographer....ugh.  I guess it will be worth it to know I will be getting an experienced photographer with good reviews. I emailed Ivan Luckie and Octavio Montes, they are both available on our wedding day! Now I just have to decide which one to go with. Octavio is cheaper but I really like the work I have seen from Ivan. Hmmm...decisions, decisions!

#1952 FuninthesunMayan2011

FuninthesunMayan2011
    • Site Supporter
    • 51 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by mexico_2011 

Ok so it's sounding like I will have to pay for the 2 nights to have an outside photographer....ugh.  I guess it will be worth it to know I will be getting an experienced photographer with good reviews. I emailed Ivan Luckie and Octavio Montes, they are both available on our wedding day! Now I just have to decide which one to go with. Octavio is cheaper but I really like the work I have seen from Ivan. Hmmm...decisions, decisions!

Well, Ivan will be doing our's Feb 25th and nmurch's wedding in late January at Barcelo...he'll know all the "hot spots" of the resort by then! My experience thus far with him have been excellent, very prompt with replies, and he genuinely seems excited to do the job! We added on the engagement session and he suggested going into Playa del Carmen and the beach there...I think this will be a great prelude to the wedding day! Good luck with everything. Keep us updated on how it works out.

#1953 nmurch

nmurch
      • 396 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by FuninthesunMayan2011 

Well, Ivan will be doing our's Feb 25th and nmurch's wedding in late January at Barcelo...he'll know all the "hot spots" of the resort by then! My experience thus far with him have been excellent, very prompt with replies, and he genuinely seems excited to do the job! We added on the engagement session and he suggested going into Playa del Carmen and the beach there...I think this will be a great prelude to the wedding day! Good luck with everything. Keep us updated on how it works out.

i agree, honestly i CAN NOT wait to work with Ivan, his prices are AMAZING, AMAZING quality, he gets back to emails VERY quick. he's all around amazing.!

jan 11 cant come soon enough...

#1954 nmurch

nmurch
        • 396 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:56 AM

not sure if this was posted yet it's just a couple of pictures from the new photograhers for barcelo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/weding1

... woops i went back a couple pages and found it posted :D SORRY ! lol

#1955 b2b2011

b2b2011
          • 58 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:00 AM

Ivan is also phographing our wedding on February 28.

#1956 mexico_2011

mexico_2011
            • 82 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:25 AM

Ok ladies I am soo excited....I booked Ivan Luckie to do our wedding photography and TTD!!! I am very happy with our decision and can relax now with knowing this major part of our wedding has been taken care of!  Woo hoo!

Melanie

#1957 nmurch

nmurch
              • 396 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:53 AM

Ok ladies I am soo excited....I booked Ivan Luckie to do our wedding photography and TTD!!! I am very happy with our decision and can relax now with knowing this major part of our wedding has been taken care of!  Woo hoo!

Melanie

congrats! you wont be disapointed!!

#1958 michelle2011

michelle2011
                • 1,301 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:03 AM

Ivan's work looks fab! I wish i had the money so spend out on a great photographer. Del Sol look great to and Elizabeth Medina. Love her work :o)

#1959 Clean122

Clean122
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 118 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:05 PM

Melanie

Im going to talk with the other half tomorrow morning and hopefully book Luckie in for our wedding :)

Its so exciting to be done with looking for a good photographer! :D

#1960 Angelina

Angelina
                    • 57 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:46 PM

Hi Ladies,

I have to say I am glad that PhotoCaribe is no longer the photographer, their work was not even close to what you would expect from a 'professional' photographer. I am bringing my own from Alberta here, it worked out to be about the same prices as hiring Claudia R.

Just wondering, has anyone seen or heard what the reception tables look like? I was wondering how many to a table and if they are just white linens or if they coordinate? Has anyone thought of bringing their own linens?

Also, DJ vs Ipod, I have no idea!

:)

Happy planning everyone, I know for me time is flying!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users