Photo

Starfish Boutonniere - Anyone know where i can get these?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
  • 514 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 05:18 PM

This is something I need to start working on, too. I don't even know what size starfish to use either.

If anyone has made their own and can tell us what to do we would ALL appreciate it!

#12 Cali

Cali
    • 281 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 06:05 PM

I'm not sure where I copied these instruction but I definately obtained here at the forum....

Copied comments from a tread:

at Michaels but I'm sure you could find them at wal-mart or any other craft or sewing store. here are a few pictures of the boutonniers. I used the same starfish as the chairs but spray painted them white (had to do many many coats before they were well covered) I used the same pins for the larger starfish for the chairs......

I just want to say thx to the person posted this attatchement
      I'm not sure who is it.....I just copied and paste idea on my computer ..
      As soon as I saw the boutonniers I fell in love w/ them....It shouldn't be that hard to make....I think

Attached Files

#13 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
      • 1,257 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:16 AM

I am doing something similar with sand dollars that are spray painted and backed by leaves. I'll post a pic when I finish. There have been several brides on this forum who have done the starfish. Did you try a search?

#14 Cole5worm

Cole5worm
        • 371 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:18 AM

Great Thread! My mom is making these for me! it is so much cheaper then 8-15 on flower ones! yay for DIY!

#15 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
          • 888 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:20 PM

I think SunBride used those for her wedding.

#16 Kryztan

Kryztan
            • 743 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:54 PM

vtello so glad you posted.....Yours are my favorite. I had seen them before but couldnt find the thread!!!! YAY!!

#17 Cali

Cali
              • 281 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:56 PM

Thx
                just passing the info along like other brides....

#18 meghan1177

meghan1177
                • 73 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:46 PM

Those came out so well, vtello. Thanks for sharing!

#19 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
                  • 1,830 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:50 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by vtello
                    I'm not sure where I copied these instruction but I definately obtained here at the forum....

Copied comments from a tread:

at Michaels but I'm sure you could find them at wal-mart or any other craft or sewing store. here are a few pictures of the boutonniers. I used the same starfish as the chairs but spray painted them white (had to do many many coats before they were well covered) I used the same pins for the larger starfish for the chairs......

I just want to say thx to the person posted this attatchement
                    I'm not sure who is it.....I just copied and paste idea on my computer ..
                    As soon as I saw the boutonniers I fell in love w/ them....It shouldn't be that hard to make....I think
                    I agree, very nice...!! Hey is that a Maggie Sottero dress your wearing? Pretty, looks almost like my dress.

#20 Cali

Cali
                    • 281 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:44 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by LadyCheese
                      I agree, very nice...!! Hey is that a Maggie Sottero dress your wearing? Pretty, looks almost like my dress.

I'm sorry that not me, lolo I copy & paste that pic because I really like the dress...and I was thinking of buying that one....I didn't know that pic was in there....well I will love to look like that for my wedding I need to loose at least 25 pounds...lol

also sorry girls, I haven't done my boutonniere yet...the attachement was an attachement I copied on this forum....I can't take the credit....However I am going to attempt to make them this weekend wish me luck....I'm also going to make the seashell and the starfish for boutonniere so my guest can choose either one....what do u think?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users