Photo

Moms- what to pack for the hospital???

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 amym567

amym567
  • 403 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:23 PM

So, tomorrow the doctor is going to see if I'm dialated, and I'll probably be induced Thursday or Friday. I've packed my bag and the baby's bag, but just wondered if there was something you wish you would've had with you at the hospital, or if you overpacked. Any advice on this would be appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Amy

#2 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:25 PM

some girls at my yoga class reminded me to pack a pillow for myself and hubby and after our tour this weekend I agree, those pillows are tiny and flat.
    Also I think Jessica mentioned something about bringing your own towels.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:25 PM

by the way how exciting you will be meeting your son so soon, I wish I was being induced this weekend, I am so tired of being pregnant.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 amym567

amym567
    • 403 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:34 PM

Well, last week's ultrasound had him measuring around 8 lbs. Because of my gestational diabetes (and my husband being 10 1/2 lbs. when he was born), we knew he'd probably be big. I guess with the GD, there's a liklihood of bigger shoulders. That would mean a definate C-Section, and I think my doctor's trying to avoid that.

I don't know if I've mentioned that I've been off of work since April 28th because of EXTREME swelling in my feet/ankles/calves. My mom said if you didn't see above my knees, you would think that I weigh 300 pounds. I'm SO ready to have my own legs back! I'd take the GD anyday over these legs!!!

Amy

#5 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:35 PM

How exciting for you! You are going to be a mommy.

#6 Jessica

Jessica
        • VIP Member
        • 11,939 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:31 PM

Oooh, how exciting!! Congrats!

Yes, definitely bring your own towel! Oh those towels at the hospital are horrid!

I recently decided to throw all my product reviews and stuff in a blog because I'm a nerd and being a SAHM until the fall has given me loads of free time! Anyway, I have my hospital bag list on there if you want to check it out:

Oh, Mama Likey!: What I Packed In My Hospital Bag

I'm a super light packer though so I don't have as much as some other people. I used the hospital pillows, but if you like comfy pillows, definitely bing your own.

#7 Monique

Monique
          • 415 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:45 PM

The list is great...I would just reiterate warm socks, your own towels and your own pillow...there's nothing worse than having cold feet when you're sore and tired...

#8 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
            • 5,681 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:49 PM

Good luck!! Can't wait to see pics! Have you chosen a name yet??

#9 Alyssa

Alyssa
              • 11,793 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:55 PM

Wow Amy - ummm that was fast!!! i don't have to anything to add for you to pack but i am excited for you :)

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:11 PM

well, I can't offer any personal advice since all I had with me was my clothes for work and the weekend!

but, the hotel gave me a couple nice pillows, which was awesome. and they gave me a robe - that has been handy too, since the hospital here didn't provide anything like that.

there are lots of things I wish i had! but one more would be slippers, or something comfy to slip on and walk around in.

there's the obvious stuff (toiletries, etc.) but i'm trying to think of other things i wish i had. since i am pumping, some pumping gear would have been nice, or at least something to cover up with since this room seems to have a revolving door - there's always someone walking in. but i guess if you're nursing baby, some nursing tops if you think you might wear them - but i've been wearing a hospital robe the whole time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users