Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#321 SusanK

• VIP Member
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by jilly76
    Ahhh! What the heck are we paying for!?? And why would this price list never be sent to us?

So I knew I had to pay for chair bows, but now covers too and tablecloths

I'm really going to lose my mind thoughout these next few weeks!
    I think we should be ok... Kimiko did NOT have to pay extra for linens (except chair bows). 2008 brides may not be so lucky. Not sure.
    Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#322 PaulaV

• VIP Member
    • 2,813 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:00 AM

But I'm a 2008 bride!

#323 ncmotherofbride

• 8 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:32 AM

If you have pictures of the centerpieces, I would love to se them..also hairstyles and cakes. Thanks!

#324 CancunBride07

• 66 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:47 PM

Hello Ladies!! I know I haven't been able to post recently, but I'm still around!!

I had a question about music for the reception... what is everyone doing?!!

I E-Mailed the DJ (www.presentationservices.com.mx)some people have used and the quote that was posted was less then what they E-Mailed me back at. The smallest package was at $1250, then when they responded they said $1,800!!! That seems a little high to me. I do have plenty of songs on my iPod that could be played and then rent the sounds system, I just need someone to play/stop them and be able to announce our first dance and such.

The wedding is sneaking up on me, and all you ladies getting married in 2008 that have everything done are making stress out!! LOL

I still haven't chosen menu options, flowers, cake, or Groom/Groomsmen wear!!! I just received my dress 2 weeks ago!! LOL

#325 CancunBride07

• 66 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:48 PM

Sweet!! I'm finally a Junior Member

#326 RoSean

• 140 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:30 PM

Girlz no worries, I'll sort the tablecloth issue when I meet with Claudia on Monday.

Any other questions you want answered right away, let me know so I can ask?

#327 PaulaV

• VIP Member
              • 2,813 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:55 PM

Great to see you Katherine! There is a thread wkbroome just posted in the last few days with her wedding review. It's great!

RoSean, sorry for freaking about the tablecloths, thank you for asking her... those are the details I don't want to be surprised about since they can add up to quite a bit.

I didn't realize you were going so soon! That's excellent!

#328 soltamargo

• Vendor
                • 216 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by RaydensMama
                  Hi Dreams Cancun ladies!!
                  I was wondering if any of you would have an answer to a few questions.
                  1. Is the ceremony private? Or can anyone on the beach come and watch?
                  2. Is the reception private? Or are you with other hotel guests?

I think all my other questions have been covered in this post, so if anyone could answer these 2 that would be great!!

Here's a pic from the gazebo, ( a videographer friend of mine was joking with me about this photo, he wants to borrow my helicopter!!, haha... ) I shoot this pic from a room balconie at the 12 floor...

Click the image to open in full size.

This gazebo is pretty private, and it's not at the beach level, so no, you WON'T get speedos in your wedding photos... haha... if you want that, I can suggest other locations... jk..

If any one wants to see more pics of this wedding venue, let me know!...

#329 TracyK

• 206 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:44 AM

That is an amazing picture! Absolutely gorgeous, I am a bit jealous of you Dreams girls!!

#330 jlink78

• 207 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:42 AM

RoSean -

Thanks so much for offering to ask Claudia questions for us girls. Can you inquire about the following?

Instead of doing flowers as centerpieces I was thinking of just doing large glass hurricane candleholders on the centers of each table, fill them with sand, and then stick a pillar candle in there. Then I'd like to spread glass beads that look like sea glass in our colors on the table. I can transport the candles if need be but not sure if they would have the hurricane holders. Can you ask for me? I thought I saw someone mention that Claudia offered these to someone but the post was really old and I can't find it anymore!

Thanks so much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users