Sign in to follow this  

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Congratulations!!!! I have a question about dress codes..alot of my guests are asking about the restaraunts..do you have to wear long pants?? Can they wear nice shorts?? If they have to wear pants can they wear jeanshuh.gif Also do they have to wear closed toed shoes or can they wear sandals?? Thanks so much..I e-mailed Claudia a couple of times with this question...but I'm sure she is busy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristi View Post
Congratulations!!!! I have a question about dress codes..alot of my guests are asking about the restaraunts..do you have to wear long pants?? Can they wear nice shorts?? If they have to wear pants can they wear jeanshuh.gif Also do they have to wear closed toed shoes or can they wear sandals?? Thanks so much..I e-mailed Claudia a couple of times with this question...but I'm sure she is busy!
They didn't seem strict about that policy at all. The first night we were there, Chris wore shorts (not real nice ones at that... like cargo style khakis) to the fish restaurant and they didn't glance twice. He also wore sandals every night so I really don't think that they enforce anything. The only thing that I did see them refuse was people in swim suits. You do have to have a dry cover up on at the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbpacco View Post
Congra~ Can't wait to see your review and pictures! Sorry, but I missed if you are using the resort's photographer, or you hired someone else??
I hired Claudia Rodriguez. She was super nice! I haven't seen my pics yet but I'm anxiously waiting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie17 View Post
They didn't seem strict about that policy at all. The first night we were there, Chris wore shorts (not real nice ones at that... like cargo style khakis) to the fish restaurant and they didn't glance twice. He also wore sandals every night so I really don't think that they enforce anything. The only thing that I did see them refuse was people in swim suits. You do have to have a dry cover up on at the least.
Ok that's good to know...thank you!!!

Quote:
I hired Claudia Rodriguez. She was super nice! I haven't seen my pics yet but I'm anxiously waiting!!
we want pics! we want pics! LOL ... have any from family that you can share in the meantime? throw us a bone!

one question: did you do the civil or symbolic ceremony?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummergirl View Post
we want pics! we want pics! LOL ... have any from family that you can share in the meantime? throw us a bone!

one question: did you do the civil or symbolic ceremony?
I did the symbolic ceremony.. didn't want to deal with a blood test... I actually did a review with pics yesterday so there are some on here! Consider your bone thrown... wait... nevermind!! :)

Quote:
I did the symbolic ceremony.. didn't want to deal with a blood test... I actually did a review with pics yesterday so there are some on here! Consider your bone thrown... wait... nevermind!! :)
LMAO! ok i guess i missed it! looking now ...

For those already married at DC, did you tip the WC, officiant, videographer, hair / makeup person, etc? If so, how much did you give? I'm trying to determine how much money we need to bring down there. Afterall, can't really put the tip on the credit card.

I did a previous search and found results from $0 to 15%-20%. I'm not sure what's customary in Mexico at an all inclusive.

Thanks!!

Can anyone tell me about the sand ceremony?? Did anyone do this and if so did you bring your own stuff? How many differrent colors of sand are you suppose to have and when is it done?? Thanks a bunch!