Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
070707

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

Recommended Posts

Congratulations!!!! I have a question about dress codes..alot of my guests are asking about the restaraunts..do you have to wear long pants?? Can they wear nice shorts?? If they have to wear pants can they wear jeanshuh.gif Also do they have to wear closed toed shoes or can they wear sandals?? Thanks so much..I e-mailed Claudia a couple of times with this question...but I'm sure she is busy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristi View Post
Congratulations!!!! I have a question about dress codes..alot of my guests are asking about the restaraunts..do you have to wear long pants?? Can they wear nice shorts?? If they have to wear pants can they wear jeanshuh.gif Also do they have to wear closed toed shoes or can they wear sandals?? Thanks so much..I e-mailed Claudia a couple of times with this question...but I'm sure she is busy!
They didn't seem strict about that policy at all. The first night we were there, Chris wore shorts (not real nice ones at that... like cargo style khakis) to the fish restaurant and they didn't glance twice. He also wore sandals every night so I really don't think that they enforce anything. The only thing that I did see them refuse was people in swim suits. You do have to have a dry cover up on at the least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbpacco View Post
Congra~ Can't wait to see your review and pictures! Sorry, but I missed if you are using the resort's photographer, or you hired someone else??
I hired Claudia Rodriguez. She was super nice! I haven't seen my pics yet but I'm anxiously waiting!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie17 View Post
They didn't seem strict about that policy at all. The first night we were there, Chris wore shorts (not real nice ones at that... like cargo style khakis) to the fish restaurant and they didn't glance twice. He also wore sandals every night so I really don't think that they enforce anything. The only thing that I did see them refuse was people in swim suits. You do have to have a dry cover up on at the least.
Ok that's good to know...thank you!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie17 View Post
I hired Claudia Rodriguez. She was super nice! I haven't seen my pics yet but I'm anxiously waiting!!
we want pics! we want pics! LOL ... have any from family that you can share in the meantime? throw us a bone!

one question: did you do the civil or symbolic ceremony?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by mummergirl View Post
we want pics! we want pics! LOL ... have any from family that you can share in the meantime? throw us a bone!

one question: did you do the civil or symbolic ceremony?
I did the symbolic ceremony.. didn't want to deal with a blood test... I actually did a review with pics yesterday so there are some on here! Consider your bone thrown... wait... nevermind!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie17 View Post
I did the symbolic ceremony.. didn't want to deal with a blood test... I actually did a review with pics yesterday so there are some on here! Consider your bone thrown... wait... nevermind!! :)
LMAO! ok i guess i missed it! looking now ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those already married at DC, did you tip the WC, officiant, videographer, hair / makeup person, etc? If so, how much did you give? I'm trying to determine how much money we need to bring down there. Afterall, can't really put the tip on the credit card.

 

I did a previous search and found results from $0 to 15%-20%. I'm not sure what's customary in Mexico at an all inclusive.

 

Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone tell me about the sand ceremony?? Did anyone do this and if so did you bring your own stuff? How many differrent colors of sand are you suppose to have and when is it done?? Thanks a bunch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×