Jump to content
Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Your photos are beautiful and your wedding sounds amazing glad you mentioned coco bongo me and my friends want to do this for the hen night, how long did it take to get there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: welcome dinner... is that something included in the wedding packages? Or is that something extra you have to pay for for the resort to organize the tables and such for you at the buffet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back!!!  Thank you for posting another wonderful review and I'm so glad to hear your wedding went so great!  You looked beautiful and it looks like a lot of fun was had by all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your wedding looked beautiful!  Thank you for posting your review. Welcome back!

 

I am a vegetarian as well, as are a few people in my group.  When you pre- chose your dinner entrees, did you get to pick 2 "meat" choices and was the vegetarian one available for the people that wanted it?  I would like to give my guests 2  non veggie options to choose from....  

 

thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by futuremrswarner View Post

 

Question: welcome dinner... is that something included in the wedding packages? Or is that something extra you have to pay for for the resort to organize the tables and such for you at the buffet?

 

I had heard of other brides doing a welcome dinner so i asked Eugenia about it a few months before we left. She said it was no problem and arranged it for us at no charge.

 

Originally Posted by Tammyd23 View Post

 

Your photos are beautiful and your wedding sounds amazing glad you mentioned coco bongo me and my friends want to do this for the hen night, how long did it take to get there?

 

The bus to Coco Bongo took 30-45 minutes i think. We left at 9:30 and were inside and seated by 10:30ish. There were about 10 people from our resort and we also stopped at the Gran Sierens to pick up a few people. The bus was pretty empty. I'm not sure if on busier nights they would stop at more resorts or not. There is usually a Coco Bongo rep hanging around the pool that you can ask questions and book from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by AndreaandAaron View Post

 

Your wedding looked beautiful!  Thank you for posting your review. Welcome back!

 

I am a vegetarian as well, as are a few people in my group.  When you pre- chose your dinner entrees, did you get to pick 2 "meat" choices and was the vegetarian one available for the people that wanted it?  I would like to give my guests 2  non veggie options to choose from....  

 

thanks in advance!

 

Hey, yea we picked 2 meat options and i told her that myself and another guest were vegetarians. When we met with her before the wedding she had this noted (and specifically that the Bride was vegetarian). We didn't know ahead of time what the vegetarian option would be though. During our dinner the waiters went out of their way to ask us if the vegetarian option (pasta) was okay. They originally were planning on giving us linquini, which I vetoed as i thought it would end up all over my face! So they gave us a less messy noodle instead! If you know sort of what you want i'm sure you could request it. The Frutos Del Mar restaurant is attached to the Italian restaurant so it was easy for them to bring over some pasta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For brides that had their dinner in the a-la-carte restaurants, did you guys make any of your speeches there? If so, were there mics provided for you guys to use? And were you introduced to the rest of the party in any way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by christy12 View Post

 

 

Hey, yea we picked 2 meat options and i told her that myself and another guest were vegetarians. When we met with her before the wedding she had this noted (and specifically that the Bride was vegetarian). We didn't know ahead of time what the vegetarian option would be though. During our dinner the waiters went out of their way to ask us if the vegetarian option (pasta) was okay. They originally were planning on giving us linquini, which I vetoed as i thought it would end up all over my face! So they gave us a less messy noodle instead! If you know sort of what you want i'm sure you could request it. The Frutos Del Mar restaurant is attached to the Italian restaurant so it was easy for them to bring over some pasta.

 

Hi!

Thanks for answering my question.  We are staying at the Coba (but getting married at the Akumal side) so we chose the Mediterranno restaurant.  On the menu, there is an awesome veggie option (vegetable caponata) that I would be very happy with.  So...hopefully we can pick 2 meat options and the vegetarians can have the veggie option!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I admire brave brides. I'm generally afraid of a wedding. Breaking outdated rules is cool. You're good😇
    • My wedding date is set for the next April. The ceremony will be held on the beach too. I chose a dress style but not sure about the accessories like a crown and the need for a warm cape. The open back wedding dresses https://www.cathytelle.com/category/wedding-dresses/?filter_back=open&query_type_back=or  help me to choose, please! I like the third dress just with the location on the beach, like I'm dreaming about. In case of bad weather, I need to pick up a cape, so where can I find it? Only a new thing will fit, cause my grany is very superstitious (( I will be grateful for the web-addresses of jewelry shop with good reputation
    • Hello, I'm looking to have feedback about decorations for your wedding at Barcelo Maya Palace. We are getting married in Dec 2020, and I tried to get info from WC for what it's included as decoration for mint breeze or Straberry Package. It seems to be normal to pay extra for everything, but before to go further, i would like to now what basically come included?? I'm looking to know what is included for table decorations (center, if it's looking the same on when you go at a restaurant a la carte, table sheet white or colored), huppa for beach wedding (white or color), deco for chair, etc? Did you had to pay an extra to bring your own decorations? Did you pay an extra to have your reception in a beach restaurant? And what about a beach reception? Are the lights are included ?your help will be really appreciated!    Thank you
    • If you use the search function for those locations you may better be able to find something. What exactly are you looking for? Recs on photographers?
    • Hello wedding review perusers, If you are considering Romantic Planet Vacations as your wedding planner/coordinator... Stop turn around and RUN!!! We got married in Playa del Carmen, Mexico on July 9th 2019 and had the worst experience dealing with this company.    We had Vanessa and she was terrible with her customer service edicate.  There were several times when she was unresponsive and unavailable without any prior notice. We had several emails excusing herself for her absence.     First off, this company works on commissions from the vendors so they are not really working for you but to set up weddings that will profit them the most. Because of this, our entire experience dealing with the hotel and reception staff regarding anything room related was awful. Their continued response was you didn’t pay us any money so any and all changes have to be made by them (which ALWAYS INCURRED ADDITIONAL FEES). And guess what Vanessa was not helpful and unresponsive.    The $1000 Air flight credit is a SCAM. Thats incorrect for me to say. What I should say is please make sure you read all of the fine print very, very carefully. They will do everything in their power to not give you all the necessary details until they are no longer responsible for giving you the flight credit. Vanessa was going to set up the return flight for the credit but she stopped returning phone calls and emails so how were we supposed to book it without a person to book it with.    In short, Vanessa said she was going to take care of a lot of things that she didn’t. She would not respond to our phone calls and the hotels phone calls when situations came up during our wedding stay, leaving us to deal with the hotel. We contacted their management and to see if they would want to rectify anything before posting our negative reviews and to put it bluntly they could give 2 Sh***.   It is very difficult to express how terrible the experience was in a short review without seeming petty. I am giving our wedding email in hopes that any person that wants a better picture of what our experience was can email us and we are more than happy to share any of the correspondences between us. To help us filter through the Spam all email should contain the following subject line: Please helps with your experience!!!   Thank you Oliver And Claudia  Oliver.and.Claudia2003@gmail.com
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...