Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
8083 replies to this topic

#5501 stylishmeNC

stylishmeNC
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:19 AM

I know to tip the maids, the bartenders, and the waiters (as I always do at resorts), but did past brides tip their Wedding Coordinators If so, how much?

Also, any advice on tipping the DJ?

I want to be prepared with how much cash to bring with us.

#5502 mexicanbride

mexicanbride
    • Site Supporter
    • 10 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

I am headed to the Akumal section in Jan. 2013.  We don't do much traveling but the group rates I have been quoted seem quite high!  is it better to wait until the new rates come out?  Also is the group rate worth the savings or is it better to let everyone book individually?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

#5503 Heather 2012

Heather 2012
      • 11 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

Hey girls, I posted my review here =)

http://www.bestdesti...a-all-inclusive

Hope it helps, feel free to message me if you have any questions about it! Hope the planning is going well..

about the CD player at the resort, if you have an ipod or iphone they can hook that up, just make sure your music is actually downloaded from Itunes.. I was panicked about that because I could not get the CD to burn, but maria assured me it would be fine to use my phone, and it was! =)

#5504 Julybride40

Julybride40
        • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

Has anyone had the Raspberry or Chocolate Cake, we are undecided as to what one to get. Or can you try them there before the wedding day and then decide?

#5505 Emily2012

Emily2012
          • 49 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:41 AM

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/products/gran-bahia-principe-coba-all-inclusive

Hope it helps, feel free to message me if you have any questions about it! Hope the planning is going well..

about the CD player at the resort, if you have an ipod or iphone they can hook that up, just make sure your music is actually downloaded from Itunes.. I was panicked about that because I could not get the CD to burn, but maria assured me it would be fine to use my phone, and it was! =)

Wow heather, your day sounds amazing, your pictures are gorgeous. Did the hotel take them?? Also which wedding package did you pay for? I get married on 16th April so most things are in place, I like your idea of taking sparklers and glow sticks for the guests. Emily x

#5506 AD2012

AD2012
            • 240 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:18 AM

Great review Heather and thanks for the tips!!

Originally Posted by Heather 2012 

http://www.bestdesti...a-all-inclusive

#5507 fraggle42

fraggle42
              • 159 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

Great review Heather thanks. Your photos are lovely. x

Originally Posted by AD2012 

Great review Heather and thanks for the tips!!

#5508 Janet Ryan

Janet Ryan
                • 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

Do you have the contact for MVP? I'm getting married on the 12th and I too am worried about the salon. How much are they charging you if you don't mind me asking??

Thanks,

Janet

#5509 Janet Ryan

Janet Ryan
                  • 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

Hello ladies I too am getting married in May (May 12th at the gazebo),

I will be keeping an eye out for you all. Its getting pretty close now. Good luck with your planning. I've found some pretty good tote bags and mugs on-line which would still arrive on time for you wedding if you guys are looking. Let me know if you need the websites. Does anyone have any tips for brochures? I'm trying to put mine together but not quite sure what to put in them??

Thanks,

Janet

#5510 Emily2012

Emily2012
                    • 49 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

Hi, do the men have to wear long trousers in the Buffett restaurants?? Xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users