Jump to content

Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
8083 replies to this topic

#3101 janetw

janetw
  • Newbie
  • 7 posts

    Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:10 PM

    hey, waybuloo, yes from wigan in england uk.

    thanks for yr advise, but we want someting a bit more personal than just asking the band to play any song ;-( just not sure what are options are with there not being loads of us.

    ;-)

    Thanks

    #3102 swankster77

    swankster77
    • Jr. Member
    • 233 posts

      Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:40 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by janetw
      hey, waybuloo, yes from wigan in england uk.

      thanks for yr advise, but we want someting a bit more personal than just asking the band to play any song ;-( just not sure what are options are with there not being loads of us.

      ;-)

      Thanks
      I'm sure you can have a private poolside reception with DJ.. Cost associated is for cocktails (per person - pays for the staff, etc - very reasonable for 30 guests we payed $300) and the DJ... (our DJ was pretty cheap $250 for 2.5 hours - DJ Bijan - mayanvibes.com). If most of your guests want to dance (as mine did!) this might be a good option for you! Some other brides on here used an iPod with speakers or docking station...

      I have to say I loved the private reception - ours was to be poolside but was moved due to weather (chance of rain)... the location was awesome and I was glad it was moved - still outside but under a section of the 24-hour snack bar. Sounds weird but it was beautiful and everyone loved it!

      #3103 midnight24

      midnight24
      • Member
      • 754 posts

        Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:10 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by janetw
        hi, looking for some advise, we are booked to marry at tulum on 18th august, we have booked to eat at gran tortuga for our meal but not booked anywere to take our 1st dance etc, does anyone have ideas i would be grateful, there are only 16 of us,.

        Thanks
        with a small group...just go to the tulum lobby bar. they have a live band...they will be more than willing to play you a song for your wedding dance. it's a fun atmosphere. there is seating, a server to bring drinks or a bar you can walk up and get your own.

        sometimes i find when it's such a small group it's fun to be around a bunch of people to get things going!

        #3104 janetw

        janetw
        • Newbie
        • 7 posts

          Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:40 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by swankster77
          I'm sure you can have a private poolside reception with DJ.. Cost associated is for cocktails (per person - pays for the staff, etc - very reasonable for 30 guests we payed $300) and the DJ... (our DJ was pretty cheap $250 for 2.5 hours - DJ Bijan - mayanvibes.com). If most of your guests want to dance (as mine did!) this might be a good option for you! Some other brides on here used an iPod with speakers or docking station...

          I have to say I loved the private reception - ours was to be poolside but was moved due to weather (chance of rain)... the location was awesome and I was glad it was moved - still outside but under a section of the 24-hour snack bar. Sounds weird but it was beautiful and everyone loved it!
          Hey, thanks for the advise , were going to book a poolside reception and take our ipod etc., xx

          #3105 Patourn

          Patourn
          • Jr. Member
          • 377 posts

            Posted 05 July 2010 - 07:17 PM

            Hi ladies,

            Quick question for all of you recently married....how much did you tip your wedding coordinators? Just trying to factor in our budget. Does 100 seem reasonable?

            Did you pay for your blood tests at the clinic? And I'm assuming that everything else was on your bill at check out?

            Also for those of you that had a DJ instead of using an ipod....did the money go to the wedding coordinator for her to pay him or did you pay him directly yourself?

            Thanks! And I'm sure that there will be more questions to come seeing October is approaching faster then I thought it would be!

            #3106 HereFishie

            HereFishie
            • Jr. Member
            • 386 posts

              Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:47 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Patourn
              Hi ladies,

              Quick question for all of you recently married....how much did you tip your wedding coordinators? Just trying to factor in our budget. Does 100 seem reasonable?
              We tipped Eugenia $80 USD. She would've got more but we spent the extra tip on the flowers when she overcharged for them.

              #3107 KRama

              KRama
              • Jr. Member
              • 421 posts

                Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:01 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Patourn
                Hi ladies,

                Also for those of you that had a DJ instead of using an ipod....did the money go to the wedding coordinator for her to pay him or did you pay him directly yourself?
                We were told before we left that the DJ would be paid separately in cash when we met with our WC but when we got there Karla told us the DJ would be charged to the final bill so we ended up paying for everything except the videographer at checkout.

                #3108 Patourn

                Patourn
                • Jr. Member
                • 377 posts

                  Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:25 PM

                  Thanks for the information ladies, that helps!

                  I just got an email from Jazmin saying that if we decided to pay with a credit card for everything, it will all be in pesos which is subject of the payment rate of the month, not the exchange rate of money. I'm assuming that evens out in the end with what the actual cost of the package is??

                  #3109 Patourn

                  Patourn
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 377 posts

                    Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:51 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by midnight24
                    with a small group...just go to the tulum lobby bar. they have a live band...they will be more than willing to play you a song for your wedding dance. it's a fun atmosphere. there is seating, a server to bring drinks or a bar you can walk up and get your own.

                    sometimes i find when it's such a small group it's fun to be around a bunch of people to get things going!
                    Hi Wendy quick question...I picked the same bouquet as yours but switch out the white roses for yellow. Did you have what they considered long stemmed or short? I'm leaning more towards short but in looking at your pictures really like the length of the stem on yours, so I was just curious what you had? Thanks!

                    #3110 kitchenwitch

                    kitchenwitch
                    • Newbie
                    • 49 posts

                      Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:20 PM

                      Hi Ladies,

                      Does anyone know what the resort charges for outside vendors? I'm thinking of using Fernando Fuentes for makeup. He's pricey but his work looks beautiful.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users