Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
8083 replies to this topic

#1691 ~Keira~

~Keira~
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:03 PM

Ok so that was alot easier to find then I thought it would be. Blackberry, I love you. lol

So here is what Karla wrote to me when I asked about the required documents.

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS

Valid passports. In case the bride's name is not the same in her passport than in her birth certificate and she wants to get married with the same name of her birth certificate she should bring her birth certificate (original) apostilled by the government of her country and translated into Spanish by a Mexican official translator (stamped). Driver license will not be accepted by the official.

If the bride is widowed or divorced is necessary to bring her birth certificate (original) apostilled by the government of her country and translated into Spanish by a Mexican official translator (stamped), according to Mexican Law the bride must be 12 months divorced before remarrying. If the groom is widowed or divorced no additional documents are required.

Tourist Card. Clients get this card upon arrival at the airport in Mexico.

Medical Documentation: Blood tests (Sexually Transmitted diseases - VDRL, HIV, Blood Type) and medical certification stating that all results were negative and patient is physically in good health. Blood tests have to be done here in Mexico, we have a clinic at the Resort - (approximate cost: 90.00 USD per person).

Four witnesses: two for the bride and two for the groom with valid passport. The witnesses have to be older than 18 years. All witnesses must come in person to the appointment with the wedding coordinator with their valid passport and tourist card at least 4 labor days prior to the wedding date.

Kind regards,

Karla Rabadan

So thats it. Sounds like our resort is pretty accomidating and doesn't require much fuss. Thumbs up to that.
    ~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

http://i794.photobuc....E_0170-1-1.jpg

#1692 emme

emme
    • 382 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:34 PM

I don't think anything needs to be translated beforehand...unless you were married / divorce and your last name shows up different on your passport and birth certificate. Is this correct?
      http://tickers.Ticke....d6f6/event.png

Bride + Groom + 44 Amazing Guests...

#1693 BahiaBride16

BahiaBride16
      • 114 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:02 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by KLee147
        Ok so that was alot easier to find then I thought it would be. Blackberry, I love you. lol

So here is what Karla wrote to me when I asked about the required documents.

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS

Valid passports. In case the bride's name is not the same in her passport than in her birth certificate and she wants to get married with the same name of her birth certificate she should bring her birth certificate (original) apostilled by the government of her country and translated into Spanish by a Mexican official translator (stamped). Driver license will not be accepted by the official.

If the bride is widowed or divorced is necessary to bring her birth certificate (original) apostilled by the government of her country and translated into Spanish by a Mexican official translator (stamped), according to Mexican Law the bride must be 12 months divorced before remarrying. If the groom is widowed or divorced no additional documents are required.

Tourist Card. Clients get this card upon arrival at the airport in Mexico.

Medical Documentation: Blood tests (Sexually Transmitted diseases - VDRL, HIV, Blood Type) and medical certification stating that all results were negative and patient is physically in good health. Blood tests have to be done here in Mexico, we have a clinic at the Resort - (approximate cost: 90.00 USD per person).

Four witnesses: two for the bride and two for the groom with valid passport. The witnesses have to be older than 18 years. All witnesses must come in person to the appointment with the wedding coordinator with their valid passport and tourist card at least 4 labor days prior to the wedding date.

Kind regards,

Karla Rabadan

So thats it. Sounds like our resort is pretty accomidating and doesn't require much fuss. Thumbs up to that.
        Awww so I wasted $120 for nothing...lol! Oh well guess it's better to have it just incase :) Thanks for the info girls!!

2 months to go! woohoo!

Oh I also got some info from Karla, that if you don't want a DJ for your private reception patry after the dinner, you can bring your ipod full of your fav songs and they will hook it up to some speakers for you (for $20). So you can have your dances. I thought that would be a good peice of info if your on a budget like us!

#1694 rwalsh

rwalsh
        • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:46 PM

Do you have Jazmin's contact info, as i hear good things and would love her for my May 2009 wedding :) Thanks in advance

#1695 Jules

Jules
          • 169 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:50 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by BahiaBride16

Oh I also got some info from Karla, that if you don't want a DJ for your private reception patry after the dinner, you can bring your ipod full of your fav songs and they will hook it up to some speakers for you (for $20). So you can have your dances. I thought that would be a good peice of info if your on a budget like us!
            Awesome! That is great info b/c we were hoping to just use our Ipod for the reception and get a docking station for it, but now we don't have to! Thanks :)

#1696 ~Keira~

~Keira~
            • 1,338 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:49 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by rwalsh
              Do you have Jazmin's contact info, as i hear good things and would love her for my May 2009 wedding :) Thanks in advance
              I assume May 2010. ;-) I was assigned Jazmin but instead Karla has been te one responding to my e-mails. My assumption is that Jazmin is no longer there. Either way you're assigned you WC according to which hotel you're in, if I'm not mistaken.

#1697 JoLo908

JoLo908
              • 889 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:32 PM

OMG! My pics are here!!! I don't have the online slideshow info, but I need to firgure out how to post them on here!!!

#1698 ~Keira~

~Keira~
                • 1,338 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:48 PM

I'm so excited to see Joanna!! Try putting some of them on photobucket and using the IMG code in the your post. They should show up for all us girlies to see.

Congratulations!!

#1699 JoLo908

JoLo908
                  • 889 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:53 PM

Can I give you guys a way to see them on my facebook account If anyone knows how I can do this it would be easiest, pleaseeee let me know!~!!

#1700 ~Keira~

~Keira~
                    • 1,338 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:26 PM

Oh I know how to do that too...I think.

If you go to your profile and click on the album you want to share, at the bottom of the page it will say "Share this album with anyone by sending them this public link:" Copy and paste the link here and it should work.

Here's mine to test it out...

Keira Lee's Photos - Wedding | Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users