Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Quick question for past brides - we are having our dinner at Tequila (Tulum), and would like to have some short speeches during dinner. The WC have said there are no microphones, as there will be other dinner guests there.

Has anyone had speeches anyways? Was it easy to hear? Any recommendations would be welcome! thanks

Hi everyone - my first post here...I'm just wondering whether any past brides have had speeches at their dinners (at the resort restaurants, not private receptions). Is it awkward to do it there because of the other diners? We are planning to have our dinner at Tequila restaurant at Tulum on Oct 24 and are trying to figure out when to do speeches.

Thanks so much for any recommendations!

what is the cost to rent the disco for 2hrs?wondering if its cheaper than poolside..and if its at the disco do you ahve to pay the additional set up for the bar service?

Originally Posted by Chicago80 View Post

Hey Ladies! How are your wedding plans coming at the Gran Bahia? Sorry I haven't been on in a long time. I logged on here today and I have 9071 unread posts. LOL

Everything for us is finally on track. The wedding coordinator for the Coba is email on a regular basis now. We are having the mexican guitar trio play during the wedding. We are having our dinner in one of the resturants and renting the disco for 2 hours. If you need any info on the Coba let me know.

what is the cost to rent the disco for 2hrs?wondering if its cheaper than poolside..and if its at the disco do you ahve to pay the additional set up for the bar service?

Originally Posted by kluanecat View Post

Hi everyone - my first post here...I'm just wondering whether any past brides have had speeches at their dinners (at the resort restaurants, not private receptions). Is it awkward to do it there because of the other diners? We are planning to have our dinner at Tequila restaurant at Tulum on Oct 24 and are trying to figure out when to do speeches.

Thanks so much for any recommendations!

I just got married at the end of March and we did our speeches at the restaurant. We did them after the main course was served and everyone had a little time to start eating. We didn't have mics or anything but everyone was able to hear fine, and we had a fairly large group of 47 people. There were some other diners but I really never noticed them and don't think anyone else did either. Hope that helps!

Hello everyone! As I'm sitting in a lounge chair in the Cabo section, I'll answer some questions :) Speeches are perfectly fine without a mic. Fridays wedding was 43 people and it wasn't a problem. They also don't seat normal guests until around 7 or 8, so you can do the speeches earlier. You cannot rent the disco. A few years ago they stopped offering that. Mariah's resort DJ was not the best, I'd probably recommend hiring an outside one if it's important. Her makeup artist was AMAZING!!! Fernando at the makeup pros. Very good. The hurricane washed away both piers and the Akumal wedding site (and beach) but they are working around the clock to fix them. They do NOT sell starfish anymore at the hacienda. Can't wait to show everyone some gorgeous wedding photos!!!