Jump to content
Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

 

Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post

I would be honest.  Say that a guest at your wedding is a photographer and will be photographing your big day, so you'd like to excuse them from their services on your wedding day. 


They will probably ask you questions about your photographer.  Their date of travel, their room number, their business name, etc. 

 

Honestly, I advise all my clients to IGNORE that email.  Mostly, for my safety.  i don't care if the hotel knows I'm there, I fill out all the proper paperwork and it's perfectly legal. I'm more concerned that they'll be able to figure out what room I'm in with $20,000 worth of equipment!  Again, not necessarily the photo crew, but anyone at that resort would see that noted in my file and it's just absolutely not a risk I'm willing to take.

 

Ya - maybe i'll just ignore it and if/when they question me further about it -i'll let them know i don't require their services..
Whats the paperwork you fill out? Is that before you go down? Do i need to get my photog to fill anything out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I need to say this to someone; because although I'm kinda annoyed, all you can do is laugh about it.

 

At my bridal shower I received several gift cards to a department store here in Canada, since 3 of them did not have the value written down I called the number on the back of the card to get the totals. Well, one card which had no To: From: info on it had a value of $97.49, obviously a regift they didn't realize they used (I hope). Since I had all the gifts written out, I knew exactly who it was from. And for their wedding we gave them $300 cash, and I just bought their newborn a great gift! Some people!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by aquamaniac View Post

Ok, I need to say this to someone; because although I'm kinda annoyed, all you can do is laugh about it.

 

At my bridal shower I received several gift cards to a department store here in Canada, since 3 of them did not have the value written down I called the number on the back of the card to get the totals. Well, one card which had no To: From: info on it had a value of $97.49, obviously a regift they didn't realize they used (I hope). Since I had all the gifts written out, I knew exactly who it was from. And for their wedding we gave them $300 cash, and I just bought their newborn a great gift! Some people!

 

ooooo snap! how ruuuuuude! i can't believe that!!! i wouldnt even send them a 'thank-you' card!!! and its not like they can give you crap for it because they never said who it was from! LOL
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by Sunshine2680 View Post

 

 

Ya - maybe i'll just ignore it and if/when they question me further about it -i'll let them know i don't require their services..
Whats the paperwork you fill out? Is that before you go down? Do i need to get my photog to fill anything out?

 


I ignored the emails that they sent me before going down there. A guest of ours was our photographer and no one even questioned her or us about it. We met with the manager of Arricfe right after we met with our WC and I told them I didn't want them there for the getting ready, but I would take them for the ceremony only... but that is because I wanted a little different perspective and wanted to get my free photos that were included in the package. But if you don't want them, just tell them when you meet with them and it shouldn't be a problem. They were really nice and not pushy so don't worry about it. Its your day and do what you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by stylishmeNC View Post

 

 


I ignored the emails that they sent me before going down there. A guest of ours was our photographer and no one even questioned her or us about it. We met with the manager of Arricfe right after we met with our WC and I told them I didn't want them there for the getting ready, but I would take them for the ceremony only... but that is because I wanted a little different perspective and wanted to get my free photos that were included in the package. But if you don't want them, just tell them when you meet with them and it shouldn't be a problem. They were really nice and not pushy so don't worry about it. Its your day and do what you want.

 

Sweet! thanks! I'll wait till we get down there then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by Shan2012 View Post

ok ....28 days to go, getting super excited! Does anyone know when you do a sandy ceremony if you need an extra song for that? I'm working on my music and god I cannot make up my mind about ceremony music..I'm looking for instrumental beach wedding type music and cannot find anything really...any reccomondations ladies! ?? Does anyone also know what Bar is the piano bar? I'm trying to make a meeting time in my welcome books for the rooms there but I cant figure out what its called!

 

Thanks for your help

Shannon

 


I didn't do a sand ceremony and we had the symbolic ceremony but I picked out 5 songs. I found out about The Vitamin String Quartet which I used for all our songs. They are instrumental versions of popular songs and they have over 1000 on itunes, so you are pretty much going to find something you liked. Anyway, I liked that it was modern and fun and reflected us, but still was a bit "classy" and elegant. Hope this helps....

 

1) Guest Seating: Beautiful Day - VSQ cover of U2

2) Wedding Party: Today - VSQ cover of Smashing Pumpkins

3) Bride Processional: Edge of Glory - VSQ cover of Lady Gaga

4) Signing of Certificate: Everlong - VSQ cover of Foo Fighters

5) Recessional: All You Need Is Love - VSQ cover of The Beatles

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Originally Posted by aquamaniac View Post

Exactly one month till our departure today! Can't believe how close it is getting!

 

I've got a few questions as I start getting my welcome booklets ready:

 

1. We're going to have a welcome dinner the second evening we are there, we'd love to have a stag/stagette type thing at the resort, and we want to keep it pretty low key as we're not into major partying anymore. I was thinking the boys can go to the sports bar for a bit, and the girls can go to another bar at the resort, then we can all meet up at the disco. Any recommendations on doing something like this, and where we should go?

 

This is exactly what we did and we all had a fantastic time! After the dinner I had all the ladies back to my room where we had a little lingerie party (I had everyone just bring drinks with them to the room). The guys headed to the Akumal Lobby bar where there was Karaoke. After the lingerie party we met the guys in the lobby bar for a few songs and drinks and then we all headed to the Disco. It was a ton of fun. I think where ever you go, if you have a fun group (which of course you do b/c your in Mexico!), you are going to have a blast and the location really won't matter that much.

 

2. What time does the live music start at the Tulum Lobby Bar? We're getting married at 4 and dinner is at 6, so I am going to recommend our guests have drinks there before dinner. Is that the best location, and will they have some live music to listen to?

 

Sorry I can't answer this question since I stayed on the Akumal side, but all my guests just hung out at the snack bar before dinner since there really wasn't that much time after the ceremony and we all took pictures before dinner, and they were right next to each other. If there were drinks my group was happy :)

 

3. Do the 24 hour snack bars put away the alcohol at midnight? I thought I read that somewhere, but I've been to other resorts where you can serve your own drinks in the snack bar all night. What should I expect at the GBP?

 

So again I only have experience with the Akumal snack bar, but it was kinda hit or miss which I found a little odd. One night we tried to get some late night food and drinks and the place was deserted... I don't know if they were just in the back and didn't want to come out or they really were not there. However, another night we were there late and there was no food out but we asked for pizza and they made us a fresh one and were serving beer as well.

 

4. How far in advance do I need to make spa reservations?

 

I made mine only about 1.5 weeks before I headed down, but I would suggest you just make them now to make sure you get a time you want. Better to be early!

 

Thanks girls!

 

~Maja

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Our songs we ended up using

-Canon D for Me and bridesmaid walking in (i just had one maid of honor and the version we had had almost a minute of "intro type music before the real song started so we just used the one song)
-Butterfly waltz for the signing

-Canon D in a rock version for the end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tlseege, do you have a sample of photo set list you should use for a photo session with bride/groom. My photographer/sister asked me to provide her with one and I want to make sure I'm not missing any main shots. Thx ~ Sue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm.  Interesting.  I actually specifically ask to NOT receive those!  Ha! 

 

What I do ask for is things that you wouldn't normally think of.  So first kiss... yea, I know, it's important, I'll get it.  That doesn't need to be on the list.  What does are things like "Great Grandmother's hankie" or "Engraved cuff links on groom"

Things that I wouldn't necessarily know about that are special to you.

 

For bride and groom photos I just go with the flow so I'm not much help.  I see the area around me and I figure out how to compose the shot within what I see.  Sorry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×